Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

View Poll Results: Who is the best RB in the AFCN?
Rashard Mendenhall 4 8.70%
Ray Rice 36 78.26%
Cedric Benson 5 10.87%
Jerome Harrison 0 0%
other 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Rice by far.

but if I'm starting a franchise today, and it's between Benson and Mendenhall, I'd take Mendenhall, easily.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Ray Rice by far.

but if I'm starting a franchise today, and it's between Benson and Mendenhall, I'd take Mendenhall, easily.
I don't understand this at all. If I'm starting a franchise I'm taking a young Ray Rice over any of them. Benson is getting up there in age and has had one good season and Mendenhall hasn't proven anything. Ray Rice has done everything to make be believe he is the better RB in the division by far.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hands down Ray Rice for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I don't understand this at all. If I'm starting a franchise I'm taking a young Ray Rice over any of them. Benson is getting up there in age and has had one good season and Mendenhall hasn't proven anything. Ray Rice has done everything to make be believe he is the better RB in the division by far.
nah, I mean if it was only Benson or Mendenhall. Of course I'd take Rice over those two in a heartbeat.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
nah, I mean if it was only Benson or Mendenhall. Of course I'd take Rice over those two in a heartbeat.
Sorry about that I completely read it wrong.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get why you guys say that Mendenhall didn't show anything yet, but in 14 games starting, he had 1469 total yards on a passing team. I truely believe that if they had a more well balanced attack, he would have put up numbers similar to Ray Rice. I still took Rice, but Mendenhall is still not some unknown and has proved to be a very solid back in the NFL.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Rice is the best because he's not only talented but is in a very good system and situation for his talents.

I think the better question is which team in the AFC North will have the better stable of running backs this coming year?

Baltimore: Ray Rice, Le'Ron McClain, and Willis McGahee
Cincinnati: Cedric Benson, Brian Leonard, Bernard Scott, and probably Jeremi Johnson
Cleveland: Jerome Harrison, Montario Hardesty, Peyton Hillis, and Lawrence Vickers
Pittsburgh: Rashard Mendenhall, Jonathan Dwyer, and Frank Summers

Everyone looks good
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should put Mewelde Moore instead of Frank Summers.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:06 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Ray Rice is the best because he's not only talented but is in a very good system and situation for his talents.

I think the better question is which team in the AFC North will have the better stable of running backs this coming year?

Baltimore: Ray Rice, Le'Ron McClain, and Willis McGahee
Cincinnati: Cedric Benson, Brian Leonard, Bernard Scott, and probably Jeremi Johnson
Cleveland: Jerome Harrison, Montario Hardesty, Peyton Hillis, and Lawrence Vickers
Pittsburgh: Rashard Mendenhall, Jonathan Dwyer, and Frank Summers

Everyone looks good
lmao at frank summers...he will not be on the team
Old 05-19-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'll put up WR in a bit. I'm going to do WR differently. I have 3 WRs. We will vote for the three best WRs individually. After a couple days, the first WR will be chosen, then put up a new poll and we will vote on the second, and then third.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say, the division seems to be taking a weird turn offensively.

The Bengals are now easily the most run 1st team.

Steelers and Ravens tended towards the pass a lot last year, I was especially surprised with how the Ravens offense changed. I suppose a lot of it was to get Rice involved more which is obviously understandable. It seemed to really start to work about midway through the season after the swap from using several bruising RB's. A lot can be attributed to Flacco growing I would assume.

Curious to see how the Steelers work without Big Ben.

EDIT: Hines, after the WR's thread you gonna get an offensive/defensive unit rankings thread going?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I expect around 30 carries between Mendenhall, Moore, and Dwyer, and about 25 passes. JMO.