Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-17-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie

$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scott's New Mock

Houston in the first..Amazing
Crosby in the second..excuse me while i puke all over my computer.

i will lose all hope in the cowboys if we actually waste a second round pick on a kicker.
seriously.

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

It won't happen, don't worry.

But Houston, HELL YEA!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see the big deal. Special Teams is as important as Offense and Defense, if you've ever played you'd know that. But you guys have been doing this way longer than Scott though am I right? I like the pick just becuase I can't stand Gramatica, hes not the answer.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. I wouldn't exacty love this draft. Houston is OK, and Crosby is alright. The only pick I really like is Hill. I just don't see us moving Henry, so... meh.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like it at all. I've been satanically agianst a CB in the 1st round for awhile. And the Mason Crosby pick is just unlikely since Jerry would never do it and we just resigned Grammatica. Allison > Jason Hill IMO.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie

$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
I dont see the big deal. Special Teams is as important as Offense and Defense, if you've ever played you'd know that. But you guys have been doing this way longer than Scott though am I right? I like the pick just becuase I can't stand Gramatica, hes not the answer.
haha if i ever played?
im gonna be playing college football in 2 years..i play...

you can find a kicker outside of the first day of the draft. pretty much all kickers other than like nugent and janakowski havent been high picks

itd be a waste of a pick

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have an OL in the 2nd like Marten from BC.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jones has already said dallas would never sign or draft a big name kicker again..that pick won't happen.................
Old 03-17-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post

But Houston, HELL YEA!
I thought you were opposed to a CB in round 1.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $KidCowboy$ View Post
Houston in the first..Amazing
Crosby in the second..excuse me while i puke all over my computer.

i will lose all hope in the cowboys if we actually waste a second round pick on a kicker.
seriously.
Quote:

But Houston, HELL YEA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I don't like it at all. I've been satanically agianst a CB in the 1st round for awhile. And the Mason Crosby pick is just unlikely since Jerry would never do it and we just resigned Grammatica. Allison > Jason Hill IMO.
why dony any of you have the guts to go on Scott's thread and tell him what you think? Besides TNewFan, who somehow now likes a CB in the first, but alas, won't let Scott know what he thinks of Crosby.

Last edited by bigmac076 : 03-17-2007 at 05:07 PM.
bigmac076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
why dony any of you have the guts to go on Scott's thread and tell him what you think? Besides TNewFan, who somehow now likes a CB in the first, but alas, won't let Scott know what he thinks of Crosby.
I did.

I said the punter was the MVP for PSU in 2004, so there goes the not appreciating ST argument. Now he's leaving and I think it's a bigger loss than Puz.

Next? The pick is horrid.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
I agree 100%, but if we did get a CB, I would only won't Houston.

Anyway, you guys can want a stable kicker all you want, we are not drafting a kicker, let alone in the first day. Are you serious? its a kicker.

Oh and we aren't moving Henry so CB is just ehhh.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:

Anyway, you guys can want a stable kicker all you want, we are not drafting a kicker, let alone in the first day. Are you serious? its a kicker.

Oh and we aren't moving Henry so CB is just ehhh.
have i told you i hate you lately?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What the hell is your deal? What does it matter if we tell him or not? AM I less of a man if I don't? And if you want to call us out like that, I'll tell you in the past I have written in his mock threads telling him of my dissatisfaction with his picks of Levi Brown and others, and also defended Colombo when Scott stated he was the worst lineman on our team. So don't come at me like I'm scared of some scout online . Some of us have other things to do on a Saturday, so one post here in the Cowboys thread about the mock maybe enough.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
have i told you i hate you lately?
LMFAO. Honestly, what do I do? just what do I do? I have said like 2 words to you in my entire life Burns, and yet you still hate me. THis is freakin hilarious. Why? Because I said we shouldn't take a kicker in the 2nd round??!?!!?!? Hello, it is an f'in kicker?

LMAO. I don't do anything, and I get hated on, w/e.

This is an online draft site so it doesn't really matter, but it is funny.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

It Is A Freakin Kicker!!!!!!

Why Would You Want A Kicker In The 2nd Round?!?!?!

Answer Me That Bigmac.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not Bigmac but we'd draft one that early because its an improvement of what we have. I dont want to draft a kicker, but we may never have a good kicker if we dont draft one. Jerry wont sign a good FA because of Vanderjerk.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Im not Bigmac but we'd draft one that early because its an improvement of what we have. I dont want to draft a kicker, but we may never have a good kicker if we dont draft one. Jerry wont sign a good FA because of Vanderjerk.
Unless this guy guarantees 30 Field goals a season and 100% extra points... Using a draft pick on a kicker makes very little sense. This guy would have to be the Dan Marino of kickers for me to consider anything above a fourth on a kicker.

Its not and has never been that big a position of need(even when we had cuntwhiff...
shane_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm in love with Houston and would love to see us draft him as well. I think you and I actually see eye to eye on something.

Houston is big, fast and physical. Granted he takes chances from time to time and gets burnt, but that can be cured with good coaching.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What the hell is your deal? What does it matter if we tell him or not? AM I less of a man if I don't? And if you want to call us out like that, I'll tell you in the past I have written in his mock threads telling him of my dissatisfaction with his picks of Levi Brown and others, and also defended Colombo when Scott stated he was the worst lineman on our team. So don't come at me like I'm scared of some scout online . Some of us have other things to do on a Saturday, so one post here in the Cowboys thread about the mock maybe enough.
owned. lol

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
It Is A Freakin Kicker!!!!!!

Why Would You Want A Kicker In The 2nd Round?!?!?!

Answer Me That Bigmac.
Because our most pressing need is Secondary and he addressed that in the 1st round. After that we have lots of flexibility. And like I have said before, I dont believe in Gramatica. So its fine with me if we go Crosby in the 2nd. Think what you want mang.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
you're right Paul, Im wrong. I have been owned, as bantx would put it. I was really hoping to get 'pwned' instead though. Ah well

...maybe someday.

Last edited by bigmac076 : 03-17-2007 at 11:26 PM.
bigmac076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

LOL to all the people underappreciating the value of a solid kicker...

ASK YOUR SELF THIS.

How many games have we lost because of a kicker?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:55 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetBLACK08 View Post
LOL to all the people underappreciating the value of a solid kicker...

ASK YOUR SELF THIS.

How many games have we lost because of a kicker?
Less then the year previously... But here... Ill try and make my point...

How many kickers currently in the NFL were taken in the before the fourth round... I can only think of two off the top of my head... Mike Nugent who had an OK year... But it was guaranteed field goals everytime he stepped up... And Janikowski...(i think he was picked before the 4th)... Whos only claim to fame is a big fucken boot.

Every Dallas fan on the planet wants a kicker we can rely on. But ill take my chances with some guy off the street rather then a 2nd round pick over a more important position to the team.(If we improve the offence enough we should need the kicker only for extra points)
shane_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Let me clearify, I don't want a CB in round 1, but if we had to pick one, I want houston, because he is the only good one in this draft. Hall is just ehhh, don't give me that 4.39 crap, on the field he is slow as hell, Revis is meh, he is SLOW too, and Ross is nothing special IMO. McCauley is probably the most talented CB in this class, but he needs to get his act together on the field. If we pick a CB I want either Houston in the 1st, McCauley in a trade down, or Jonathan Wade in the 3rd-4th. Thats it.

Oh and 1 more thing, ITS A KICKER!!!! YOu can draft medlock in the 5th if that makes you happy.

Anyway, what don't you guys get that Jerry won't draft a kicker. There is absolutely 0% chance we draft a kicker, let alone on the first day. It doesn't matter what Scott thinks, we aren't drafting a kicker.