Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Old 06-12-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Lastly, Joe Thomas definitely is over hyped and overrated. But regardless of that, he's still the best Left Tackle in this division. While he may be part of some of the worst NFL offenses of recent, that does mean he's the cause of them being the worst NFL offenses. You can't produce results with 1 good player and that's all the Browns have had for a couple of years.

"And that is the truth of the matter."
I know when I think of the Cleveland Browns, I think of how the media and fans of the game are always bending over backwards to give the Browns undue credit and hype.

Joe Thomas is overhyped and overrated? He's the best tackle in football.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce

Like i said if it were only about rings it would be all steelers. I would atke jared gaither, andrew whitworth or max starks on my team anyday over joe thomas. The proof is in the pudding, the proof is what happens between the white lines. With joe thomas theres no proof of his greatness, other than fan voting and media hype. They cant run block, they cant pass block, yet hes not only the best lt in the afc north, but also in the nfl. Wheres the proof of his domination?
bce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bce View Post
Like i said if it were only about rings it would be all steelers. I would atke jared gaither, andrew whitworth or max starks on my team anyday over joe thomas. The proof is in the pudding, the proof is what happens between the white lines. With joe thomas theres no proof of his greatness, other than fan voting and media hype. They cant run block, they cant pass block, yet hes not only the best lt in the afc north, but also in the nfl. Wheres the proof of his domination?
Oh really? The Browns had 2,087 rushing yards last year.

As for his pass blocking, who got a sack on him this past year? Jared Allen might as well not even have dressed for the game. He shut down Terrell Suggs and James Harrison, so who beat him like a drum since he's evidently the worst tackle in the division
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TROLOLOLOL
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Oh really? The Browns had 2,087 rushing yards last year.

As for his pass blocking, who got a sack on him this past year? Jared Allen might as well not even have dressed for the game. He shut down Terrell Suggs and James Harrison, so who beat him like a drum since he's evidently the worst tackle in the division
Well, Mangini did come out in his last presser about mini-camps and shocked the world by telling everyone JT gave up way too many sacks last year. One too many, being he gave up just 1 sack. Terrible Joe, what the heck were you thinking of last year. Laughing stock I tell ya.:???:

But, he's garbage:roll: . Maybe we should trade him for some 7th rounder from this past draft to be on our special teams.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

Hes not helping your offense be any good. theres no proof that joe thomas is dominating out there. Other than fan voting. Because everyone knows the 3rd overall pick. But fans dont know 3rd rounders and 5th round supplemental choices.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, so there is no way to evaluate offensive tackles now? Alright. The proof is in watching the game.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:11 AM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Hes not helping your offense be any good. theres no proof that joe thomas is dominating out there. Other than fan voting. Because everyone knows the 3rd overall pick. But fans dont know 3rd rounders and 5th round supplemental choices.
Jesus Man. This is coming from a Steelers fan: Max Starks is garbage, and Thomas is prolly the #1 tackle in the NFL (Long might be better, but only might). If you want to check stats from analysts check this site: http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...ab=by_position
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:57 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenorx View Post
Well, just pure stats:
profootball rates Harrison:
Overall: 22,7
Rush: 21.8
Coverage: 1.9
Run: 3.0

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...&playerid=1251

Suggs is rated as a DE, and here are the stats:

Overall:5.5
Rush: -6.2
Coverage: 0.5
Run: 17.2

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...&playerid=1326

I know these are just stats, but still. The only thing where he beats Harrison is run defense.
I put very little value into those stats. PFF is interesting to see specific stats but who are they to really decide who is better overall in general areas. They are just opinions. Opinions that can be based on preconceived notions and bias. We don't know the credibility of the writers. I don't like how they post those opinions as stats. They definitely put a lot of effort in grading and it is an interesting read, but it can't be used as a primary resource to rank players.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenorx View Post
Jesus Man. This is coming from a Steelers fan: Max Starks is garbage, and Thomas is prolly the #1 tackle in the NFL (Long might be better, but only might). If you want to check stats from analysts check this site: http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...ab=by_position
Long is getting there, but there's something missing in his game. It looks like his leverage isn't consistent, I believe he was planted by a bullrushing 3-4 OLB this past year.

I'd love to say Long is better being a Michigan fan, but Thomas is ahead of him. If Browns can find a QB that doesn't panic and can play the position, you'd be hardpressed to find anyone to pass him up over the next 7 years.

I know most Steelers fans hate the Browns, but it's nice when at least the good players on our team get respect from our rivals. Kudos.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's with the rash of Incredible Draft Dudes around here lately?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

Theyre just chasing me around cause i hurt their feelings.