Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-10-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I'm extremely bummed out that big Mike Neal is that banged up already. That sucks big time. He was the key improvement to this roster and I like the guy.

Let's hope his faith heels him fast as the reverend Reggie White did back in the day.
Apparently its an ab strain, so nothing too serious. He'll have another few days to rest it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Hopefully we found our punter in Masthay.
I'm certain that he'll be better than Kapinos. Hell, it was pretty evident in preseason that BOTH punters were an improvement over Kapinos. Now, ST coverage is another story...
Old 09-10-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FRIDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE:

* LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring) did not participate and is QUESTIONABLE;
* LT Chad Clifton (knee), did not participate (normal Friday rest) and is probable;
* DE Cullen Jenkins (calf) went full and is probable;
* LB Brad Jones (shoulder) went full and is probable;
* S Derrick Martin (ankle) did not participate and is probable
* LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) was full and probable;
* DE Mike Neal (abdomen) did not participate and is QUESTIONABLE;
* LB Brady Poppinga (knee) was limited and is probable;
* CB Brandon Underwood (shoulder) did not participate and is OUT.
* CB Charles Woodson (toe) was limited and is probable.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care who's out. Unless Aaron Rodgers isn't playing we should beat the Eagles rather easily.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The talking heads are predicting us almost unanimously. Some say blowout, some say we take a big lead and the Eagles make it close as Kolb settles in. Like I said before I expect a fairly easy win unless we screw up like 4 special teams plays really badly. Another concern is the team coming in flat after all the preseason hype. I don't think this will happen because it seems they learned their lesson last year and there are numerous quotes from players addressing that very problem.

Too bad about Neal but all it means is he won't play this week (unless we are ravaged by injuries) and he probably wouldn't have gotten more than 10 snaps anyway. He'll be 100% in no time. I also have a lot of confidence in Harrell as the #4 DL until he goes back on the IR.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Too bad about Neal but all it means is he won't play this week (unless we are ravaged by injuries) and he probably wouldn't have gotten more than 10 snaps anyway. He'll be 100% in no time. I also have a lot of confidence in Harrell as the #4 DL until he goes back on the IR.
I believe Neal and Jenkins and Raji were going to be our primary DL pass rushers, depending on who's tired and what's working.

Neal was brought in to put pass rush on, not stop the run. And this Eagles team is the most one-dimensional passing offense we will see, maybe until December in New England. I'd really like big Mike this game, and let him rest the next week against the Bills, who we can beat with our practice squad guys.

I expect Mike to suit up Sunday and make a couple plays pushing the pocket into Cobb. Kolb.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot believe how much you guys are underestimating the Eagles coming into this

Pass offense :: Kolb is unproven but he has shown he has the ability to be successful in a vertical passing game and when you factor in the targets he gets to throw to and some of the inexperience in our secondary, there's potential for a problem there and some struggles

Run offense :: LeSean McCoy and Mike Bell aren't combining to be Brian Westbrook anytime soon but McCoy is a good runner, can be a threat in the passing game out of the backfield, and Bell is a short yardage stud. Their offensive line is fairly decent too.

Pass defense :: Their secondary has some question marks, more than ours for sure, but one thing they will probably be able to do better than any team in the NFC is get after the QB with their ends; Cole and Graham are scray good and that might help cover up some of their problems in the secondary.

Run defense :: I think we could actually have some success running the football against them, but will we??? I think our lines will neutralize each other in run blocking and I don't think the Eagles have the backers or safeties to be big run supporters.

Special teams :: We're not even close to them in this department and this may help keep them in the game. Jackson can take it to the house on any touch and Akers is as consistent as can be.

I see a Green Bay victory and it'll be well earned against a good football team

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Was in the Eagles forum and one of the guys asked a question about why they cut Tracy White (former Packer special teams ace), and why a 3-4 team like New England signed him right away.

I just thought it was interesting since we cut him, and our special teams took a hit afterwards as we have seen. Hopefully the Iggles also takes an immediate hit out there and we take advantage of it.
Didnt we actually sign this guy to an extension or raise then shortly after cut him? Im pretty sure we did if I remember correctly.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I cannot believe how much you guys are underestimating the Eagles coming into this
I'm not.
That place is a nasty place to play. We've lost there with better teams, haven't won in Killadelphia since before any of us were born.

And our pass defense is the same characters as last year when we made Favre, Big Ben, and Warner look like God.

Plus special teams sucks for us and they're good. DeSean probably will have at least one big return, maybe more.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Im not wrried just yet about the Defense. We didnt have our full line up once and we virtually didnt show anything at all on Defense throughout the whole camp. Once we did show a little (e.g. vs the Colts) they made things happen.

My concern is that we couldnt create anything out of our Base defense with no pressure. Theres 2 guys who could make a difference this year. Neal and Harell. Neal showed that he could be a force on passing downs and it showed against the Colts. But Harell at times showed tremendous power and other times looked like he was tired. Hes pratically a rookie since he hasnt played, well, ever. If his back can hold, im sure we'll see a progression out of him.

If the secondary can hold until the return of Bigby and Harris, the D will have many options and this Defense could end up being very good.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys excited to throw for 678 yards and nine touchdowns this weekend?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Only 678 and 9 Tds? Way to be conservative :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yeah, because that will happen...

The Eagles first team defense allowed 258 passing yards and 2 passing touchdowns over the course of 6 quarters of preseason plays.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
Yeah, because that will happen...

The Eagles first team defense allowed 258 passing yards and 2 passing touchdowns over the course of 6 quarters of preseason plays.
No one gives a **** about pre-season.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
No one gives a **** about pre-season.
I'm just saying the Eagles defense wasn't nearly as bad as was expected in what we've seen of them and they've given no reason for us to expect Aaron Rodgers to rape them on Sunday, Aaron Rodgers will be great no doubt but I'm not expecting a performance like the one he had against the Cardinals.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see Kolb returning the favor.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

FWIW:

BOB McGINN: No trip to Philly is ever nice, but the Packers are making it at an ideal time. Kevin Kolb has enough skill and smarts to become an adequate starter. But based on the way Kolb was slow reacting against vanilla exhibition defenses, he sure isn't one now. Dom Capers has the wherewithal to make Kolb's debut a nightmare.

TOM SILVERSTEIN: In the NFL, it comes down to talent. The Packers have more talent than the Eagles and they should win the game. The thing that will make the game interesting is whether the Eagles can rattle the Packers with their blitz. The Packers will play it safe on defense, but they'll be ready to attack on offense. Packers 24, Eagles 14.

MICHAEL HUNT: I'll bet an entire Milwaukee skyline against one William Penn-topped Philly city hall that the Kolb-McNabb swap won't hold quite like Rodgers-Favre. Packers 31, Eagles 21.

GREG A. BEDARD: On paper the Packers should bust loose against an Eagles team that is still working through some things on the offensive line and on defense. Paper isn't worth much, especially in season openers when the unexpected usually occurs. Eagles 23, Packers 20.

LORI NICKEL: The Eagles have won five of the last six, but maybe this is the year the Packers finally win one in Philadelphia. Everybody's cover boy, Aaron Rodgers, played so well in the preseason there's so reason to suspect he can't keep it up in the opener. Packers 28, Eagles 17.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:41 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple thoughts.

-Remember, we're playing a playoff team on the road. That is a brutal way to start the year. Anybody that isn't worried about this game needs to rethink their expectations.

-But, if we have to play the Eagles, this is a great time to do it. game #1 of the Kevin Kolb era. The Eagles can't afford to ease him in. The whole league knows from last december and january that the way to beat the Packers is to throw deep early and often.

-A win here would be a great way to start. A loss means the very real possibility of the Lions being alone in first place....for a week.

My Prediction: An ugly frustrating game involving penalties and mistakes.
Packers 16- Eagles 13
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

That's a good point drowe.
It seems that you, PrinceFielder, and myself are the only ones not expecting a cakewalk, and actually worried we might come away with an 0-1 record?

Remember, besides them being a playoff team, they think they got better at QB, and on defense with the addition of Brandon Graham in the draft.

They also won a playoff game in 2009 at Minnesota. This team is no patsy. In fact, most thought they were the best team in the NFC entering December last year, before they had problems with Dallas. Dallas owned them though.

This is a great test for us, but a scary game. If we do beat them, it validates our high hopes. If we whip these guys, I think everyone will take notice that the Packers are a serious contender.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Game Day!

Packers 31
Eagles 14
Old 09-12-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would loooooooove to see Rodgers throw 7 interceptions on the year again and 0 today.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-12-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awful start...

Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Clay Matthews you sneak devil you

Aaron Rodgers looks like dog poo.
1st series: Missed 3 open receivers on short/intermediate routes
2nd series: Held the ball too long twice then threw a pick into triple coverage

Uh oh. He was a bad first quarter QB last year a lot and he tended to get fueled by his mistakes. But I'm scared we have to rely on our defense and stop assuming out offense is a given to score every possession.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
awful start...
Is that seriously Rodgers out there?

And why do we have a 1,200 yard back and come out with shotgun again and again? Wow.

Also good to see that Rodgers seems to have retained his position as the only QB in football that refs don't protect.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

So far everyone on defense looks good. Woodson, Shields (he's playing, he's not getting picked on), Matthews, Jones, Raji, Traman, Dom Capers with a good gameplan.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-12-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I see Vick run around and I start to get some not-so-good flashbacks...is Hardy Nickerson out there???