Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-12-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fear the Zombo!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick is the anti-Packer. He owns us.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Touchdown to Maclin who was man coverage by Sam Shields on an isle with no safety help - the exact opposite of how to use Shields to help this team. I love Shields as our 3rd-4th CB but don't do that again damnit.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shields continues to get picked on

Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, what can I say about Clay Matthews. If he didn't play today we would probably be in overtime right now or maybe even losing.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-12-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Man, what can I say about Clay Matthews. If he didn't play today we would probably be in overtime right now or maybe even losing.
Clay was great today

This game was as tough as I expected but it took a whole new spin with Vick in there...thank god we have Buffalo at home next week

Old 09-12-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grades.

QB - C-. Rodgers wasn't accurate, took too long and looked fluster and panicked all game. Fell well short of the hype. Just one game, so who knows.
RB - D. They did nothing of note.
WR - B. Made some good plays, were hurt by Rodger's inaccuracy.
TE - C. Finley didn't really live up to his preseason hype.
OL - C-. Made no push in the running game and were lackluster against the pass-rush for most of the game.
DL - B+. Seemed to play well, got good push and opened up blitz gaps.
LB - C+. Matthews is the reason this score is decent. LBers got burned constantly by screens and Vick runs.
DB - C. Played well for most of the night but dropped at least one easy pick and left Shields all alone to get torched.
ST - A+. Good returns and perfect on difficult field goals plus didn't give up long returns. Shockingly special teams were our strong point today.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

About Rodgers... I'm starting to notice that hes a slow starter. Same thing happened his first and second year and the same thing happened in last year playoffs. He needs to settle down and get into a rythym. The first week is never easy for anybody, look at all of the QBs today. P. Manning didnt look his susal self, Brady was often off target even though they won big, Brees wasnt the Brees we know also. First win of the season enjoy it.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
About Rodgers... I'm starting to notice that hes a slow starter. Same thing happened his first and second year and the same thing happened in last year playoffs. He needs to settle down and get into a rythym. The first week is never easy for anybody, look at all of the QBs today. P. Manning didnt look his susal self, Brady was often off target even though they won big, Brees wasnt the Brees we know also. First win of the season enjoy it.
My feelings exactly.

How can you (not you Favre4ever) give RB a D grade? Brandon Jackson looked AWESOME. Really, some of the best running today since Ahman Green before he want to SEA.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-12-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good and tough win vs a good team on the road. Can't complain about that, but the team does have things to work on

They seem to always start the season out slow, especially the OL. What is up with that? It's like it takes 6-8 games in before the OL starts to improve. They did well in some spots but protection was still an issue

- Dline played great IMO. Raji looked real good out there. They got gassed at the end, can't blame them though sicne they had to play the damn entire game basically, since Harrell got hurt again(surprising). Oh yea, DUMB to have 4 Dlineman active, when one of them is tissue soft Harrell

- ST. Wow, was that really the Packers ST out there? Great returns, good coverage. Solid punting, and 2 50+ yard fg's made? Very good job today

- Shields looks raw, no surprise there.

- Clay Matthews is a difference maker. He was all over the field today, and is just a beast. Unreal game

- I hate that whenever they seem to get a big lead, its like they sit on it, and let teams hang in there and let them slowly get back into it.

Again though, Philly has been a house of horrors for the Pack for DECADES, so you figured it would have been a tough win. The offense was not on their game today, which is good to see since that is the part of this team that worries me the least. I was happy with how the D and ST looked, especially the ST. Defense wore down at the end, and they seemed to not be able to make proper adjustments for Vick

1-0 is all that matters. And next they get Buffalo at home!

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-12-2010 at 08:10 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clay Matthews is and was the difference maker.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson also doing his thing by forcing a turnover in which the packers ended up scoring. D was fine most of the game, but wore down at the end because the offense STUNK in that 4th quarter and they had only 3 active Dlineman. They were on the field a lot in that 2nd half
Old 09-12-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

And according to Rob Demovsky, Justin Harrell thinks he tore his ACL. Will await MRI results, obviously

Well, he lasted longer than usual. He usually hits IR by mid preseason. He at least lasted about 20 minutes into the season. Injured on a freakin FG to no less

Pack now down to 5 DLineman.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
My feelings exactly.

How can you (not you Favre4ever) give RB a D grade? Brandon Jackson looked AWESOME. Really, some of the best running today since Ahman Green before he want to SEA.
You know, I meant to say C and I should have noted I missed most of the third quarter due to internet problems (and sporadic bits during the entire game.) Still, what I did see of Jackson looked slow and not all that impressive. I'll check out the highlights.

Also, the rushing stats looked better than I remember seeing so maybe my internet cleverly failed on the good rushing plays. Heh.

Good news is we won and it really wasn't close until Vick came in and torched us. It was one of our six hardest games, in my opinion, and we got a victory despite playing poorly for stretches.

Things to improve.
-Gameplanning for DBs. Why was Shields man covering a very good #2 WR with no safety help, especially in the red zone? Stupid, stupid.
-Screen defense. We got beat on a couple of screen plays and while Philly is always one of the best at those we need to improve.
-QB play and OLine play. Kind of hand-in-hand, at least as far as sacks. It was about 50% fault for Rodgers and 50% fault for the OLine on the sacks.
-QB play. I don't know WHAT happened on those two INTs. The first one was a Favre-ish underthrow into triple coverage and the second he missed a wide open Driver for a first down and possible long run after the catch by at least 7 yards.
-Gameplanning. We took our foot off the pedal late and were content to try and run out the clock and they very nearly came back on us for it.

Also, lots of injuries today for both sides. Grant seemed to be okay later, though, so hopefully he's fine as I don't share the same enthusiasm for Jackson (who always looks like a less explosive, less physical runner than Grant imo.)

Old 09-12-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Brandon Jackson didn't have any highlight runs, but he consistently hit the hole hard and was gaining 3-4 yards after contact keeping his legs moving and even broke a couple tackles inside against linebackers, which is really tough because usually when you get hit by a linebacker inside the runner loses speed and balance and hits another tackler right away.

I really don't have any idea how it happened but Brandon Jackson looks like a completely different player this year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Woodson also doing his thing by forcing a turnover in which the packers ended up scoring. D was fine most of the game, but wore down at the end because the offense STUNK in that 4th quarter and they had only 3 active Dlineman. They were on the field a lot in that 2nd half
The forced fumble by Woodson was eerily similar to the fumbles he forced last season against Roy Williams and Larry Fitzgerald. His ability to punch the ball out while still being able to tackle affectively is what sets him apart in that regard, and why he's the defending DPOY.

Game Grades:

Quarterbacks:C-
It was obvious from the first snap that Rodgers was not his sharpest, missing his first three attempts that normally are relatively easy completions. Failing to spot a wide open Finley coming across the field on 3rd down was uncharacteristic of Rodgers, especially seeing how he was trying to establish Finley in the game early on. His first INT thrown into triple coverage was forced, and it just didn't seem like he couldn't hit get into a comfortable rythem, although his two touchdown passes were well placed. Next week should be a good opportunity to correct the minor mistakes, and I dont expect todays inacuracies to linger long.

Running Backs:B-
Its too bad that Ryan had to get injured when he did. He had just come off three great runs, and it looked like the running game was going to pick up the stagnant offense and use the run to set up the pass. Brandon Jackson had a few nice runs, but he seems to be too indicisive when it comes to hitting the hole and hitting it fast. John Kuhn had the best run of the game, taking a FB dive and completely bulldozing three players right up the heart of their defense, then scoring on the same run two plays later. The more carries I see on Kuhn, the more intrigued I get about how he could be more involved in the running game. He was acceptional today.

Recievers:B
I'm not putting much of anything on the revievers because I believe they were a victim of Rodgers' innacuracy, although Jordy did drop a pass that would have resulted in a touchdown. Jennings and Finley seemed to be the two guys the Eagles were not going to let beat them, even though Jennings touchdown was basically pitch and catch. And Donald 'The Machine' Driver just keeps getting hit done with another clutch touchdown that gave us the lead, and put us over the top for good. So overall, not great, but good enough to get the job done.

Offensive Line:C-
I'm being generous with this grade only because they flashed at times in the run game, but protection wise I felt like I was watching Week 1 of the 2009 season all over again. I couldn't help but put my hands on my head in complete disbelief with how our tackles were being completely manhandled. Clifton gave up 2 sacks, and looked slow off the snap, and Tauscher couldn't seem to get a good base under him to stay balanced. I kept seeing him getting pushed almost completely into Rodgers on multiple plays, and he looked like he was nursing something midway through the game. I dont know if its anything serious, its just what I picked up. If they continue to perform this way, how quick should TT and McCarthy turn to Bulaga or Lang? We cannot have the same protection problems reoccur again this year. Sitton though looked like stud today. Troy Aikman even gave his props during the game saying he thought Sitton was "Probably the most underrated and overlooked offensive linemen in football." Really excited to see how he progresses throughout the year.

I will do defense and special teams tomorrow. I have tons of homework.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Notes:

Clay Matthews should be named the NFL Defensive Player of the Week.
If only he had caught that late interception right to him, it would have sealed it for him. Shows how MEANINGLESS preseason is.

I like Mark Tauscher, but he looked so much older and weaker and slower today than ever. He got bulled back a bunch of times.

Zombo!

My man Aaron Rodgers was sch*tty today. Terrible overthrows, skittish, really one of his worst efforts I have seen from him, other than in Tampa Bay.

Brandon Jackson was fantastic, and how about Kooooooon making the most on his runs!

When Michael Vick is in, why do we blitz all out? I do not want to flush him from the pocket. I want to keep him in there, and force him to throw. We almost got killed with a loss because of his big plays with his legs. Just keep him contained. But that's a huge difference in game-planning for Kolb compared to Vick.

Props to the punter Tim Masthay! At least the first two punts he had, he forced DeSean Jackson to call for a fair catch, which means we're not giving up a big return. Except for one, I thought Tim punted great.

Welcome back Mason Crosby! His bomb would have been good from 60 yards or longer. And it was dead-center.

Good job on special teams all the way around, and that shows why TT & MM hung with Slocum instead of bringing in the guy that Philly brought in. Ironic.

I actually feel very bad for Justin Harrell. I watched him on that play (kick or punt) and was surprised he was on that blocking unit, commenting on it before the snap. I never saw the injury in a replay though. If that is an ACL tear, poor fella's Packer career is over. Did anyone claim Jarius Wynn or Toribio?

Jordyzzz on the returns, and no holding calls or blocks in the back on our special teams?

Defenses obviously are focused on Jermichael Finley. This opens up the backs out of the backfield.

1-1 Baby! That is huge, and an NFC win.
Thanks Steelers, and Rashard Mendenhall, because Atlanta might be a factor for NFC playoff jockeying down the road.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Severity of Grant's injury anyone? Walking in a boot but we're only carrying Brandon Jackson as our other true RB. Kuhn proved useful but how long can we get by with him spelling Jackson?

Harrell is as good as gone if it is an ACL tear. I was really excited to see him out there, too.

Aside from injuries:

We played into Vick's hands too many times. He would drop back, step up and watch our rush go by and have 10+ yards in front of him. Had he ran it in, he could have, instead of firing it into the endzone on an incompletion, we may have lost.

Good news, we dominate pocket quarterbacks. Not many times will we see anyone as mobile as Vick, so that's a positive.

Aaron Rodgers didn't look sharp. He forced some throws. Didn't see a couple open guys.

Brandon Jackson looked great on some carries and average on others. Basically the story of his career so far. I need consistent from him.

Woodson and Matthews make plays. Where was Nick Collins? I guess it's best if we didn't recognize him for the wrong reasons.

Sam Shields needs to return. Not taking anything away from Jordy as the kick returner but punts. Also, very raw at corner. Not sure how I feel about that going forward but if we don't have anyone better, so be it.

Special teams definitely improved as noted. Crosby was clutch today.

Our line looked suspect the second half with more complicated blitzes.

Overall, an average game for the Packers as a whole. You have to think we'll be better going forward with less of a threat running the ball for the oppositon. I'm worried about teams spreading us out on defense just like last year. We don't see a team as deep on offense until the Sunday night showdown with Minnesota Week 7. Until then, we face not one top 15 offense from a year ago.

Next week, we have Buffalo. Should put us to sleep. Edwards looked awful this week and Spiller was bottled up because of the lack of a passing threat.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Sam Shields needs to return. Not taking anything away from Jordy as the kick returner but punts. Also, very raw at corner. Not sure how I feel about that going forward but if we don't have anyone better, so be it.
Shields doesn't have the ability to even field punts. Proven fact.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:32 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like another year of McCarthy running 3 times and punting every time we have any sort of lead in the 4th quarter instead of having a killer instinct and just running our offense to get some more points. Nothing quites beats his stall and let them catch up move he loves so much....
Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish Clay wouldn't have hurt Kolb because that game ended up becoming way to close for our liking. The Packers seem to have a tendency of letting teams storm back though. Its nice to see Crosby making all these FGs throughout preseason and now into week 1. Really hope he can keep that up.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Shields continues to get picked on
I dont know if I'd call that being picked on.

He had that one bad play vs Maclin, but he covered Jackson a good deal of the day and held him relatively in check. Not a bad first game.

Heck their leading receiver was a RB. Solid, but not spectacular performance for the secondary. Should have had a few INTs.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So why was Rodgers avoiding Finley so much? He was constantly open and refused to throw it to him nearly costing the Packers the game

Are they feuding or something?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) The only success the Eagles seemed to be having early on was with the Vick/Wildcat stuff and unfortunately this was the one scenario where knocking out the starting QB was actually a disadvantage. Most of the damage Vick did once inserted fulltime was when he was flushed out of the pocket. Good news is we were getting pressure throughout the game. Bad news is that is not how you want to play against Vick. The Buccaneers showed everyone years ago that you beat Vick by containing him in the pocket and playing zone. Fortunately as others have said there aren't anymore QBs left on schedule that can do what Vick does. McNabb has given us fits with his feet before but while he may still be able to extend a drive here and there he doesn't pose the big play threat with his feet that Vick does.

2) Hoping Grant can return. Jackson did have some nice runs in which he broke tackles, but I just don't see the big play explosion from him. Seems tentative at the hole. Grant looked more explosive. On the play that Grant got hurt I think he could have taken it the distance if Jennings had been able to throw a block. Seemed like he was already heading to the next level assuming that Grant would beat the guy in front of him. If Jennings blocks that DB and gives Grant the sideline I think he is in the endzone instead of on the sideline.

3) I too am concerned that the offense seems to go into a shell in the second-half when holding a lead. Maybe if you are up 3 scores and the opposing offense hasn't shown anything, but they were only up 2 scores and having problems keeping Vick under wraps. Should have tried harder to extend the lead and give the defense some rest.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
So why was Rodgers avoiding Finley so much? He was constantly open and refused to throw it to him nearly costing the Packers the game

Are they feuding or something?

Quite the contrary. Rodgers has been raving about Finley all off season and vice versa.

Rodgers just had a bad game, plain and simple.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote