Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-02-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another team to think about if the Mountain West wants to expand to twelve outside of Houston and Fresno State is Nevada. Natural rival with UNLV as well a travel partner, solid football program, solid basketball program, larger endowment than Fresno State....

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah they would be a good fit.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I disagree with that part sort of. Fresno State was a really interesting matchup with Boise State last year, because so many people don't buy that Boise State's defense could stop a big, power running team. Well, Fresno State brought Ryan Mathews and Lonyae Miller, who were both big, big backs at about 230lbs each and Mathews obviously very fast and Boise State won.

Pat Hill is good at adapting his offense to his talent and as a result, he can usually provide a good measuring stick for a team like Boise State and I think they'd do very well in the MW.

Yes Boise won the game in a shootout.... but their defense couldn't even come CLOSE to stopping Fresno's downhill rushing attack....

Fresno rushed for over 300 yards against them at an 8.2 YPC clip..... Hell, Ryan Mathews had 3 TD runs of over 60 yards...

If they played a team with a devastating downhill power rushing attack like that with a double-headed monster combined of two powerful, fast, explosive backs.....but could also play defense....

...those cute little Boise fellas would be in for a world of hurt IMO....
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People keep saying that but those cute little Boise fellas keep coming up big.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Personally, I think Boise State is going to beat Virginia Tech unless the Hokies block a kick. Chris Peterson is one of the best in the business and with this much time to prepare for one game, I think he's going to come up big
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Personally, I think Boise State is going to beat Virginia Tech unless the Hokies block a kick. Chris Peterson is one of the best in the business and with this much time to prepare for one game, I think he's going to come up big
Definitely. I'm rooting for the upset.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is beating Virginia Tech an upset? Are they being over-rated again? :/
Old 06-02-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
How is beating Virginia Tech an upset? Are they being over-rated again? :/
It's not an upset. Boise State is ranked in the Top 5 and is returning 21 starters. It's a road game no matter what anyone wants to say, but Boise State winning would definitely not be an upset at this point
Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Yep....about once or twice a year when they actually play somebody...

Spread teams from the Pac-10, Big-12, etc.. that spread you out and try to run sideways on you doesn't impress me..

I'm talking about beating somebody that's going to line up in two-tights and run downhill on them with speed, physicality, and power..... somebody that can actually play a lick of defense too...

If they can beat VT in Blacksburg...it'll go a long way towards impressing me... even if they're not the "underdogs" in BCS sense... but in a practical sense..
Old 06-02-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Yep....about once or twice a year when they actually play somebody...

Spread teams from the Pac-10, Big-12, etc.. that spread you out and try to run sideways on you doesn't impress me..

I'm talking about beating somebody that's going to line up in two-tights and run downhill on them with speed, physicality, and power..... somebody that can actually play a lick of defense too...

If they can beat VT in Blacksburg...it'll go a long way towards impressing me... even if they're not the "underdogs" in BCS sense... but in a practical sense..
Game's in DC and I don't think beating VT would show that. They don't go downhill a ton.

Oklahoma did though when Boise State beat them. Again, in a one game scenario, I think Boise State can beat anyone based, but week to week playing an SEC or Big Ten schedule, I think they'd get worn down, especially against SEC Defensive Lines
Old 06-02-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Game's in DC and I don't think beating VT would show that. They don't go downhill a ton.

Oklahoma did though when Boise State beat them. Again, in a one game scenario, I think Boise State can beat anyone based, but week to week playing an SEC or Big Ten schedule, I think they'd get worn down, especially against SEC Defensive Lines
Yes DC....it'll be just like a rockin' home game similar to Lane Stadium for the Hokes though..

Oklahoma has never featured a downhill rushing attack under Stoops....always been the spread. The same offense that Chuck Long took to SDSU with him... they were using a WR at quarterback for pete's sake....

Adrian Peterson was a downhill runner... but it's still not neccessarily what I'm talking about....

They didn't "beat" Oklahoma...they simply squeaked out a one point victory with an incredible call on a gadget play because they had nothing to lose by trying...there's a difference...

Georgia however.... BEAT Boise St.... BEAT the **** out of them...like they stole som'n...

I agree with you on the one game scenario thing.....which is why the best TEAMS don't always end up reflected in the BCS rankings.... I've always been a playoff supporter anyway....
Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Yes DC....it'll be just like a rockin' home game similar to Lane Stadium for the Hokes though..

Oklahoma has never featured a downhill rushing attack under Stoops....always been the spread. The same offense that Chuck Long took to SDSU with him... they were using a WR at quarterback for pete's sake....

Adrian Peterson was a downhill runner... but it's still not neccessarily what I'm talking about....

They didn't "beat" Oklahoma...they simply squeaked out a one point victory with an incredible call on a gadget play because they had nothing to lose by trying...there's a difference...

Georgia however.... BEAT Boise St.... BEAT the **** out of them...like they stole som'n...

I agree with you on the one game scenario thing.....which is why the best TEAMS don't always end up reflected in the BCS rankings.... I've always been a playoff supporter anyway....
When did Georgia play Boise State? Last team I remember Georgia beating the crap out of was Hawaii.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

So much fail

Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I remember UGA playing Boise St., but it was a couple of years ago. I think it was @ Georgia though.

Here we go:

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

awww DJ Shockley. I miss thee

Old 06-03-2010, 02:48 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think I remember UGA playing Boise St., but it was a couple of years ago. I think it was @ Georgia though.

Here we go:

Admittedly, Boise State has gotten much better as a program since 2005. During that 2005 season they failed to notch a single noteworthy win over a program that carries any merit and finished 9-4 with a loss to Boston College in the Humanitarian Bowl.
That Georgia team that beat Boise State 48-13 to open the year went on to go to the Sugar Bowl and lose to West Virginia 38-35. Comparing those two teams that year is comparing apples to oranges.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-03-2010, 02:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:

I don't think there are many teams that could go toe-to-toe week in and week out against SEC, Big Ten, or even Big XII caliber offenses and defenses on a weekly basis. Most of the ACC, Big East, and PAC 10 could not do it. Discussing the possibility that Boise St. try to do that is a moot point since they don't need to do that week-to-week to be legitimized. Competing and winning against Utah, BYU, and TCU in the MWC along with playing solidified programs like Virginia Tech, Oregon, and Oregon State in the regular season is what they need to do. Winning bowl games against established programs is just lagniappe (a little extra).
By moving to the Mountain West, the Broncos are making the next step in establishing themselves as one of the strongest mid majors and a team that if they bring their A game could potentially beat any team in the country. By adding Boise St, the Mountain West is also making a smart move by increasing the level of competition on the gridiron and solidifies their case to become a BCS conference. Adding a team like Houston, Fresno State, or Nevada, or any two of the three, is increasing the strength of the middle of the pack programs in the MWC and would give teams like Air Force and possibly Wyoming more competition.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-04-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

One school that I just thought of that could interest the Mountain West is Southern Methodist (SMU). They have a huge endowment, are a highly touted research university with fantastic academics, and have returned to being a competitive team on the football field. They also make a natural travel partner with TCU as well as a natural cross town rival with the Horned Frogs being the Mustangs closest athletic rival.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-04-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...f=twitter_feed

Formula for the MWC to receive BCS Auto-Qualifier status.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-11-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

According to ESPN's Joe Schad, Boise State will join the MWC today.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-11-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love seeing Boise join MWC. Boise definately needed to do something to improve their schedule.

I'll be rooting hard for VT next season. I know I don't wanna see undefeated Boise come bowl time.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I love seeing Boise join MWC. Boise definately needed to do something to improve their schedule.

I'll be rooting hard for VT next season. I know I don't wanna see undefeated Boise come bowl time.
Their schedule was never as bad as people liked to make it out to be... teams just refuse to play them.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thanks buddy :)

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their schedule is always considerably weaker than it should have been. This will improve it. Playing the MWC and one good OOC game should give them a respectable enough schedule.

Look at next year. They have VT and Oregon State as their two toughest games. It'll be much better seeing them play BYU, TCU, and Utah for conference games.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Their schedule is always considerably weaker than it should have been. This will improve it. Playing the MWC and one good OOC game should give them a respectable enough schedule.

Look at next year. They have VT and Oregon State as their two toughest games. It'll be much better seeing them play BYU, TCU, and Utah for conference games.
Yes and they literally had the open date that became VT and had an open challenge to ANYONE. It sat there for a few weeks before VT took it and they have to play in DC because no one will go home and home with them.

And I'll take Chris Peterson to get Boise State to win that game with 21 of 22 starters coming back.