Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-09-2006, 06:24 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite is Killian's.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

CalBears99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stella definitely. I'm glad you put it in the poll. I had it over in France last summer and it was great. I don't like Heineken. It's too bitter. Budweiser is a bit plain.

sig by Nyi28nhl from Islander Mania
CalBears99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Belish
Rookie

Belish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb
On this list, Stella....

But in real life....Sleeman's Honey Brown...yum brewed in my hometown.
Wow, we're beer soul-mates. I just had my after-prom weekend, and all I had was Stella Artois (it's so smooth, it's like water), Sleeman's Honey Brown, and Labatt Honey (good and cheap)
Old 06-10-2006, 09:40 AM    (permalink
NIG

Sierra Nevade Pale Ale

yuengling
Old 01-29-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colorado koolaid.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't drank in two years, but has anyone heard of Yuengling? Can't buy it here in Ohio, but it's what my whole family drinks.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I think I have the expertise on Mexican beers here, considering I cross the border every week to get drunk.

Pacifico is the absolute best Mexican beer I have ever had. Next is close with Indio XX and Negro Modelo all neck and neck. So my order is:
1. Pacifico
2. XX
3. Indio
4. Negro Modelo
5. Corona
6. Carta Blanca
7. Sol
8. Tecate

But my favorite beer is Fat Tire, Yuengling is pretty good. Blue Moon also isn't too bad. My favorite beer that I can afford regularly? Keystone Light, after being at TX State and that being the only thing you drink it kind of grows on you. Plus you can't beat 12 bucks for a 30 pack if you want to play beer pong.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
JBond98

I dont need to resort to drinking to have a good time
Old 01-29-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Corona is so not straight
Old 01-29-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond98
Don't fool yourself. Yes you do.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond98
Don't fool yourself. Yes you do.
It's the cool thing to do
Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIG
Sierra Nevade Pale Ale

yuengling
PA beer, it's what most everyone here drinks. I think they have it in FL too.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of this whack list as some put it, I'd have to choose Stella.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Colorado koolaid.
Out of all the old threads, is this the best one you could find to bring back to life? :?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

If i'm footing the bill...Yeungling Lager or Heiny

if you are buying...i could care less

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why so many who voted Miller?

The beer I drink most is Bud Light, but I prefer either Sam Adams or Rolling Rock.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kool aid

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Black Gold

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
i don't wanna sound like a prick that says 'what you like is wrong' but....Corona? IMO, there is nothing special about that stuff...tastes like nothing without a lime wedge in it.

if you want a good summer beer, get a wheat beer that's actually brewed with fruit. here's some examples...
Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat-brewed with blueberry
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat-brewed with cherry
Blue Moon is also a wheat beer brewed with orange peels...most bartenders will serve it with an orange wedge as well.

well, now i'm thirsty.
This man speaks the truth.

My favorite beer is Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout or Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
i don't wanna sound like a prick that says 'what you like is wrong' but....Corona? IMO, there is nothing special about that stuff...tastes like nothing without a lime wedge in it.

if you want a good summer beer, get a wheat beer that's actually brewed with fruit. here's some examples...
Blue Moon is also a wheat beer brewed with orange peels...most bartenders will serve it with an orange wedge as well.

well, now i'm thirsty.

If you like fruity wheat beer, I strongly suggest you go purchase this new Sam Adam's six pack. I guess they had a contest where home brewer's can submit their beers. There were three winnners so you get 2 bottles of each guys beer in the 6 pack. One guy made a Boisenberry Wheat Beer. It is absolutely fantastic. I really hope Sam's is getting a good response so they can brew this full time.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Quote:

well, now i'm thirsty.

If you like fruity wheat beer, I strongly suggest you go purchase this new Sam Adam's six pack. I guess they had a contest where home brewer's can submit their beers. There were three winnners so you get 2 bottles of each guys beer in the 6 pack. One guy made a Boisenberry Wheat Beer. It is absolutely fantastic. I really hope Sam's is getting a good response so they can brew this full time.
Will do. Thanks. I love the cherry wheat they make. And the fuzzy ale. Mmmmm......

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Not a big fan of any of the beers listed in this poll. Heineken, Newcastle, and Guinness are two of my favs, but I am fairly well-rounded when it comes to beer and I can drink pretty much anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nattie Lights:

#1 Choice of Teen Drinkers Across The Country.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

well, now i'm thirsty.

that sounds good...but when i posted about wheat beers, it was summer, the perfect season for a lighter (colored) beer with a hint of fruit...it is now the season for dark and/or bitter beers for me. hate to give credit to an Illinois brew, but Goose Island makes a damn good Oatmeal Stout. Also, I can't seem to get enough Red Hook lately. their ESB, IPA and Winter brew are very good. and, while I haven't found the Sam Adams 6-pack mentioned by Jughead, I did recently buy a variety 12 pack that included a Honey Porter which I really liked.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

well, now i'm thirsty.

that sounds good...but when i posted about wheat beers, it was summer, the perfect season for a lighter (colored) beer with a hint of fruit...it is now the season for dark and/or bitter beers for me. hate to give credit to an Illinois brew, but Goose Island makes a damn good Oatmeal Stout. Also, I can't seem to get enough Red Hook lately. their ESB, IPA and Winter brew are very good. and, while I haven't found the Sam Adams 6-pack mentioned by Jughead, I did recently buy a variety 12 pack that included a Honey Porter which I really liked.
I agree. Although those dark/bitter beers are already wearing on me. They come out too early now. Sam released its Spring/White Ale already. I'm a big fan of that. Honey Porter can be bought in 6 packs now and is going to be a regular product by Sam Adams. The 6 pack I mentioned is limited time only, and isn't found in most places. I've only seen in about 3 places in my area, and I go to a lot of liquor stores. Brooklyn Brewery (not sure how much of that stuff gets to the midwest and west coast) made a Winter Lager for the first time this year and it has instantly become one of my favorite winter brews.