Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-10-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Dear god haha who wouldn't want him if he does leave.. like somebody said if he didn't sign officially yet and was waiting for the results that came out today, why would he go there if he can't play to win? Other than USC weather of course..

Seantrel should probably sign/transfer to UNC! Him and James Hurst would be sex..
If I remember correctly, USC and Miami were his top two choices so Im guessing he would go to Miami if he goes anywhere but who knows.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yes, but the point is every football player on scholarship at USC, for example, is essentially being paid $40K+ a year when all is said and done. The scholarship limit is what, like 80 something? That's $3.2M being paid out to just football players every year.

Now, I don't have the time or resources to go about looking up how much certain football programs generate in revenue vs. how much they spend on players' scholarships. But most BCS universities will probably spend between $1-4M per yera in scholarships. I'd be interested to see how much certain programs generate by themselves, and then how much their ADs generate in total.

I'm wondering to anyone who thinks college athletes should be compensated further (not just Brodeur, anyone who feels this way), on how/how much you feel they should be compensated. I think it'd be an interesting discussion to see how valuable we feel certain athletes would be worth with relation to revenues.
Schools make like 5mil off bowl games so USC gets their money back plus more
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I also heard rumors that players whose eligibility is up in the next two years can transfer without sitting out a year.
They should let Rojo and Nick Perry transfer to Michigan! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
If I remember correctly, USC and Miami were his top two choices so Im guessing he would go to Miami if he goes anywhere but who knows.
Fairly sure Ohio State was his number two. For the love of God, don't let him transfer!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Schools make like 5mil off bowl games so USC gets their money back plus more
If you're Notre Dame, you get about $4 million. If you're in a conference, you're divying up about $16 million
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
If you're Notre Dame, you get about $4 million. If you're in a conference, you're divying up about $16 million
Yea, and that's before bowl prep./travel expenses are taken out. Iowa, for instance, cleared less than $100K I think from the Orange Bowl.

As to Seantrell, his second place was most definitely Ohio St. Also, if he has started practicing this spring/summer, I don't think he can get out of his letter/transfer because it might be considered his first year has started. I could be wrong though.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was told by Seantrel Henderson personally that his No. 2 choice was Miami, but maybe he was lying to me. He also told me the coaches assured him that nothing serious would happen to USC with the pending (at the time) sanctions.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how the spokesman of the NCAA infractions committee stated that he wants other programs to know if they cheat this punishment is out there for them.

Ohhhh, so basically we were made an example of? that's fair.

And to answer everyone's questions about reggie bush.. the marketing people felt they were owed 350,000 dollars from improper benefits. Reggie could have easily settled out of court and the whole thing probably would have dissoled away.

30 scholarships?!?!? for fuck's sake! why not just dissolve the entire football program?

**** the infraction's committee and the NCAA. and a big **** you to reggie bush. Now i could care less that you suck in the pros.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
As a son of the city of Dallas, those of you calling this harsh have no perspective. Unless it's the death penalty, piss off.
This was a lack of institutional control it had nothing to do with boosters giving players administering improper benefits.

Also, these cases involved only two players while SMU involved well over 20.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Old 06-10-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I like how the spokesman of the NCAA infractions committee stated that he wants other programs to know if they cheat this punishment is out there for them.

Ohhhh, so basically we were made an example of? that's fair
It is fair, considering how many rules were broken and the severity of the rules that were broken.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
30 scholarships?!?!? for fuck's sake! why not just dissolve the entire football program?
Yeah, poor USC. Now, it's only going to be eight top-100 players per class instead of 12. Exaggerate a bit more.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Yeah, poor USC. Now, it's only going to be eight top-100 players per class instead of 12. Exaggerate a bit more.
it's only an 85 man roster, including players able to transfer out free of will now...

but this helped me out a bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barkley
I came here to get a degree from one of the best universities in the country and that's still my plan

If we can only play 13 games this year then we will try to win all 13. I look forward to every opportunity I get to play football at USC
Old 06-10-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's only an 85 man roster, including players able to transfer out free of will now...

but this helped me out a bit:
By "get degree from one of the best universities in the country" he really meant, pound some of the hottest ***** in the country.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha douchebags I don't feel at all for them, they all probably roll in Escalades and ****
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Stay Classy, Minnesota...
Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC could still lose the national championship.

They need the POC (don't know who they are) to meet and decide.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heard if they lose the NC then its just blank, no champion.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This was a lack of institutional control it had nothing to do with boosters giving players administering improper benefits.

Also, these cases involved only two players while SMU involved well over 20.
So where did Reggie Bush's car, limo, and his parent's rent free house come from if not boosters?

This also made it clear at least one member of the coaching staff was involved and they had exceeded coaching staff limitations as well.

It goes beyond just Reggie Bush.

**** USC... how long did we have to hear how clean the program was and nothing was ever going to come out of this and now they're asking for pity? Good luck.

Big programs like this are almost never targetted like this by the NCAA, which suggests that there was even more going on at USC than just what they are being punished for, but this is what was provable.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
It won't be awarded, but there's no way teams won't try to claim it.

Same deal with the Heisman... if Bush loses it, they won't give it to anyone else, but I don't think they will take it away, which would be hilarious. Bush ***** the program and gets to keep his individual achievement while costing his teammates their title.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
So where did Reggie Bush's car, limo, and his parent's rent free house come from if not boosters?

This also made it clear at least one member of the coaching staff was involved and they had exceeded coaching staff limitations as well.

It goes beyond just Reggie Bush.

**** USC... how long did we have to hear how clean the program was and nothing was ever going to come out of this and now they're asking for pity? Good luck.

Big programs like this are almost never targetted like this by the NCAA, which suggests that there was even more going on at USC than just what they are being punished for, but this is what was provable.
There's nothing in the 67-70 pages of the NCAA's findings on the investigation that directly states improper benefits from the school's boosters.

Last edited by soybean : 06-10-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
Yea, at first I was thinking it would be cool if VY got the Heisman after the fact, because had they waited till after the Rose Bowl he would have won it, but then again the NC winner would go to OU, a catch 22. So screw it, I don't even care anymore, as happy as I would be for VY to get a Hesiman, OU getting a NC in which they were blown the **** out would piss me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
What was he going to say? "No, don't do any of these nice things for me or my parents"?
Actually alot of athletes say these things. I don't want to act like Bush is the first guy to receive benefits, but it's not like lots of high profile athletes don't get offered these things and say no all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does the "exceeding coaching staff limitations" thing stem from when Carroll would bring former NFL coaches on for a couple weeks as "consultants?"
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who claim that the kids on the team are unfairly punished for something they didn't do, what the kids on the current roster did wrong was sign with USC knowing that potential sanctions were forthcoming. That USC was under investigation was no secret and if a kid chooses to believe what Kiffin says over his better judgment, I feel no sorrow for that person.

I don't hear a single Trojan looking inward in terms of what the universitiy could have done to avoid this situation. If Bush is driving around with a new car with new rims with a new stereo system and not a single adminstrator/coach/compliance officer wonders, "how did he afford that," there is something seriously wrong. To say "we didn't know" simply isn't good enough.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe I misheard, but I thought NFLN say that the punishment also had to do with how the locker room atmosphere of post games and post practices also played a factor. I thought they said something about it making the investigations more difficult.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote