Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got lots and lots of RBs. Ryan Mathews, Maurice Jones Drew, Doug Martin, Shonn Greene...the list goes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do have forte, and i guess im gonna cling to the waiver wire. As of now, i think getting a stable QB is better than getting a stable RB

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
DGB
Rookie

DGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Uncle Rico!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.

Damn, both the LBs I was hoping would fall just got snagged. Back to the drawing board.
hells-satans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pffft, drafting IDPs is for fools! MOAR MID RANGE RECEIVERS!
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.

There are limitless amounts of them. I like Criner though. Good possibilities in a couple of years.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells-satans View Post
There are limitless amounts of them. I like Criner though. Good possibilities in a couple of years.
I'm taking the "draft every skill player I can and hope one pans out" approach.
Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to make 1 more semi-big deal and that should wrap up my moves this off-season.

edit: I'm also up for moving a future 1st or 2nd if anybody has any trade ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 07-06-2012 at 03:05 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

LL, you can ignore my PM since you traded away the player in question.

This one is way in your favor. RB1 and WR1, both young with many, many years in front of them, for an aging WR and some longshots. I would like to see this more balanced but I will hold off and see what others say. I'm not sure if I would trade just Dez Bryant for what he is getting back, much less Dez and Lynch.

Then again I thought you got screwed on the last trade so I guess it all evens out.

Last edited by hells-satans : 07-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'd like to make 1 more semi-big deal and that should wrap up my moves this off-season.

edit: I'm also up for moving a future 1st or 2nd if anybody has any trade ideas.
You know I love those future 1sts! Let me know!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea i want future firsts too!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

What are you looking for?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells-satans View Post
LL, you can ignore my PM since you traded away the player in question.

This one is way in your favor. RB1 and WR1, both young with many, many years in front of them, for an aging WR and some longshots. I would like to see this more balanced but I will hold off and see what others say. I'm not sure if I would trade just Dez Bryant for what he is getting back, much less Dez and Lynch.

Then again I thought you got screwed on the last trade so I guess it all evens out.
Sorry I just saw this and responded to your PM's first lol. I think we get worked up too much over trades here in this league too often. It's not like anyone is trying to screw up their team, not every trade that happens is going to appease everyone else. Not to say this is the case now, but I would still want to do a trade even if everyone said I should give more. Trades shouldn't be about what everyone else says(unless it's just for discussion which I love to hear) but I/we shouldn't have to alter trades to where other owners see fit.

Once it turns into that your not even the owner of your team anymore. Just as you said you thought I got screwed on the last trade, it happens, and always will. I just don't think anybody needs to be trying to re-work trades if they don't agree with something.

In terms of a future 1st, if anyone wants to offer up a young RB or WR with some upside, or maybe a package I'd definately be open to listening.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
ironmon
Rookie

ironmon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default trades

on the topic of trades normally i butt out and let the teams in question do their thing. but our league is a dynasty league going on for a while. so any trade with other teams affects our league as whole. for this reason i feel every owner should chime in whether positve or negative comments.

just imagine to help balance things out, last place teams not only get to pick first but first for 2 rounds every year. which has enabled some crappy teams to climb the ranks. like longhorns and hells satans through the draft and trades.

with trades i look at it from both sides how can it help their team.
LL - gets 2 young starting stud players in Lynch and Bryant. both are still below their prime in age and injuries. they are #1 go to players on both their teams.

Thongs- get 4 starters, bey and williams have promised alot but have delivered nothing yet so we'll have to say these wild cards. can austin at 28 keep his numbers the same or will there be a decline? will starks continue to be the man or will green overtake him? and of course there is hunter will he ever be the starter?

in the end i feel LL got 2 really good players. and Thongs got some question marks. in the future the question marks may pan out, but today i feel longhorns team is getting better, and Thongs team took a step back.
ironmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still remember the trade where I think it was Crusaders who traded Donovan McNabb for Drew Brees and people FLIPPED OUT about the deal saying "How can you deal McNabb for that crap?" etc. etc. Worked out.

I know Jim REALLY likes DHB, took over a REAL ****** team and is getting a heck of a lot more depth in players he feels is undervalued. I really hope we can look back in a few years and see some of these trades!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
ironmon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I still remember the trade where I think it was Crusaders who traded Donovan McNabb for Drew Brees and people FLIPPED OUT about the deal saying "How can you deal McNabb for that crap?" etc. etc. Worked out.

I know Jim REALLY likes DHB, took over a REAL ****** team and is getting a heck of a lot more depth in players he feels is undervalued. I really hope we can look back in a few years and see some of these trades!
true i was going to include it in my post but it got lost in my ramblins. not too long ago i was the question mark team. don't get me wrong i do like jim's team alot. i was just looking at the trade from both sides
Old 07-06-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
ironmon
Rookie

Default actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmon View Post
true i was going to include it in my post but it got lost in my ramblins. not too long ago i was the question mark team. don't get me wrong i do like jim's team alot. i was just looking at the trade from both sides
actually it was Fast Willie (2nd year) and Mcnabb. for a 1 year removed from injury brees. yeah i think more than half the league wanted to start a riot over that
Old 07-06-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ah, thanks ironmon, I forgot exactly. That's why, at this point, I trust nearly every team in this league to make the decisions they want for their team. Heck, I'd love to trade off MORE of my team for future pieces, I HATE being mediocre in this league. I want to suck and get a good pick or be a Top 4 team every year. I'm neither right now!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

FWIW I do not object, but also appreciate the opportunity to give feedback. DHB actually showed a lot last year and with CP with a full offseason on his belt is a legit breakout candidate.

Anyway, I've stated my opinion and also want to echo that one of the best things about this league is owners are allowed to make their own trades and IIRC there has never been a trade reversed or vetoed, despite some occasional loud complaining.

ETA: LL I was confused because the trade had not happened yet and I still saw DHB and Schaub on your team. Your starting RBs are almost as good as mine now.

Last edited by hells-satans : 07-06-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Unless it is collusion, a trade WILL NEVER be reversed. I'd almost rather have half the league leave due to a terrible trade than reverse a trade if it done by legit means.

And speaking of that, sorry Sholdy and Fireballs, but the rich got even richer.

I just traded LonghornsLegend Denarius Moore for his 2013 1st round pick. He should confirm shortly.

I am not a championship caliber team right now and building for the future. I have some good WR depth (especially after drafting Brian Quick,) so I feel this is a good move on my part.

Also, someone remind me to post all these trades up as a commish note after the draft or I'm gonna forget all the future trading!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 07-06-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Aaaaaand there has been another trade:

I trade: my future 1st round pick *once again* of 2013

Shane trades:

Denarius Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmon View Post
on the topic of trades normally i butt out and let the teams in question do their thing. but our league is a dynasty league going on for a while. so any trade with other teams affects our league as whole. for this reason i feel every owner should chime in whether positve or negative comments.

I agree 100%, that's the fun part about it after people blast you for a trade to come back in a year or 2 and say HAH look at these guys now. Once upon a time I traded Jake Delhomme for Calvin Johnson and people didn't think that was enough for a starting QB in this league. I don't mind the criticism either way, and I love the feedback, it's what keeps the league interesting instead of just mundane without the banter. Off-season is the most fun because of that, because the message board on yahoo isn't as lively in-season.

I guess I just was referring to if somebody says it needs re worked, or isn't balanced on 1 side of the other. It's obvious a bunch of guys her are WAY higher on Lynch then I am because this deal wasn't easily worked out so since that's the case please send over your offers lol, he's hardly an untouchable on my roster. I will also add he's declined numerous trades of mine last year for Dez that he wasn't a fan of, so I know he makes his moves cautiously.

I think I improved my starters immensely but having 2 QB's is far from a sure thing. I had Schaub and Romo both hurt last year, and Stafford couldn't stay healthy at all before last year, an injury or 2 could easily ruin my season without that support of having 3 QB's to rotate in at any time.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Just an FYI, to keep things (semi) even, I'll get LL's 7th rounder as well.

Also, after the draft ends, I will make everyone aware of how free agency will work. It may take some major work for me, but I should be able to open it up with everyone on waivers. So, if after the draft your roster gets a bit wonky, it will be corrected quickly. I just hope the draft gets done before NCAA comes out!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Who knows, maybe one day we can get everyone to chip in $6 and move the league to MyFanytasyLeague where all of this can be done straight on the site and managed all year round, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ironmon
Rookie

Default sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Who knows, maybe one day we can get everyone to chip in $6 and move the league to MyFanytasyLeague where all of this can be done straight on the site and managed all year round, lol.
yep i'd be up for that...

btw, hells satans after my post i like ur alex green pick. lol
Old 07-07-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

Had 0 influence. Been eyeing him the whole time.