Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Baltimore Ravens sign Marc Bulger.

A bit expensive, but a really good backup regardless. Who knows, Bulger might actually thrive on a new team if he gets his shot.

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens agreed to a one-year contract with Marc Bulger on Wednesday, giving them a veteran quarterback as a possible starter should Joe Flacco be injured next season.

Bulger's salary will be $3.8 million, but he could receive as much as $5.3 million with incentives, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora on Wednesday.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garbage signing not even worth its own thread. Mods get on it

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Garbage signing not even worth its own thread. Mods get on it
I'm guessing you don't care for the signing? The guy is a pretty big name, so I think it is worthy of its own thread.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm guessing you don't care for the signing? The guy is a pretty big name, so I think it is worthy of its own thread.
You gave up on Wieters, you're dead to me

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Chicago should have brought him in but I think they thought if he ever had to start they would all be fired anyways. I think Flacco had some lingering injuries last year and Baltimore wanted to feel more confident about the backup going into the season.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I thought Chicago should have brought him in but I think they thought if he ever had to start they would all be fired anyways. I think Flacco had some lingering injuries last year and Baltimore wanted to feel more confident about the backup going into the season.
Chicago would have made a perfect choice with Martz in the mix. Especially with wildcard Jay Cutler, Bulger may have actually had a decent shot to start.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2010, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
You gave up on Wieters, you're dead to me
I'm making a point, not giving up on him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-24-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
That's the reasoning I get for signing Bulger, along with the staff wanting a veteran presence at the position.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
That's the reasoning I get for signing Bulger, along with the staff wanting a veteran presence at the position.
A 3.8 million dollar presence.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
A 3.8 million dollar presence.
Meh, I'm not worried about the money. It's only a one-year deal in an uncapped year.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sick deal for Bulger. I'd hold a clipboard on a legit contender for 3.8 mil.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Sick deal for Bulger. I'd hold a clipboard on a legit contender for 3.8 mil.
Great for Bulger, I think the Ravens over payed though.
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I don't like about this is that if Flacco were to go down, the Ravens would have to dramatically re-style their offense around the more short-range passing game of Bulger. Kind of a weird system fit if you ask me, but I think he could come in and do a pretty decent job for a few games if needed.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:23 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
The only thing I don't like about this is that if Flacco were to go down, the Ravens would have to dramatically re-style their offense around the more short-range passing game of Bulger. Kind of a weird system fit if you ask me, but I think he could come in and do a pretty decent job for a few games if needed.
Not really since the short-range passing game has been a staple of our offense for years.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ccounhappywith

Quote:
Ravens QB Joe Flacco isnít happy that the team signed veteran Marc Bulger recently to be his primary backup, worrying that his addition could disrupt the chemistry of the QB group. It also means either Troy Smith or John Beck will be traded or released.

"I donít want to have any bad words about Marc," Flacco told The Baltimore Sun on Monday. "Iím sure Marc is a great guy, but I had a great relationship with Troy and John. Depending on what happens, one of them might not be around and two of them might not be around. Weíll see what happens."

"Hopefully, we just all get along well. When you have a little bit of tension in the room, it doesnít lend to playing well. Yeah, he might bring a thing here or there that helps me out. Weíll see. Itís all about going out there, preparing during the week and having a good time doing that. Hopefully, we can do that."
Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Frankly I agree with Joe.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember drafting Bulger in FF because the fantasy case file... I was wrong.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Sounds like Joe Flacco just realized that the NFL is a business and isn't exactly fair. I'm sure it sucks to have one of his buddies potentially be departed, but it's not like it wasn't going to happen soon anyways...regardless if Bulger was signed or not.

Quote:
Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
apparently he isn't aware that you can see people again and contact them if they dont live where you live or work where you work.

Joe, these do exist btw:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Maybe this is a Cuttino Mobley/Steve Francis situation with those three.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-19-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Maybe this is a Cuttino Mobley/Steve Francis situation with those three.
Lmao, I doubt it's that bad. There were rumors of their sexuality with Francis and Mobley.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet you if they didn't give him 3.8 million this wouldn't be a problem. That is kind of a lot for a back up.

Last edited by Scotty D : 07-19-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Bulger as a back up than Troy ******* Smith

Old 07-20-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sounds like Joe Flacco just realized that the NFL is a business and isn't exactly fair. I'm sure it sucks to have one of his buddies potentially be departed, but it's not like it wasn't going to happen soon anyways...regardless if Bulger was signed or not.
Meh. You know Troy Smith is secretly hoping Flacco gets knee capped in some parking lot, freeing up the job for himself.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Meh. You know Troy Smith is secretly hoping Flacco gets knee capped in some parking lot, freeing up the job for himself.
100% truth