Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-11-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

I thought Newman was always one of those CBs with textbook fundamentals - a technician...
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
I thought Newman was always one of those CBs with textbook fundamentals - a technician...
He won't ever make the switch to safety. However that said I think he'll play a long time still. He came into the league old...so while he has tread by NFL standards he isn't exactly worn down. He'll move to the nickel role and finish his career there. One thing he can do is shadow a smaller WR....he can still be left on an island with them...but playing zone or deep routes just isn't what he does best...he banks on his pass rush getting there...just look at the deep pass against NO....he thought the ball was out and let Meachem go....that was on him...but it's a classic play of how newman works.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Incogneetus69
Rookie

Incogneetus69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fall back - Robert Quinn
Incogneetus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneetus69 View Post
Fall back - Bernard Pollard
Fixed it for ya. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Incogneetus69
Rookie

I had him as well.

Mankins, Pollard, and the Falcons RT Tyson Clabo or some such.

Losing Kosier, MB3, Davis, Colombo, Sensy, Brooking, and Igor.

I also had us trading Witten to the Rams for a 2nd and change but that has proven to be controversial.

1. Peterson
2. Cannon
2. Deunta Williams
3. O'Dowd
4. Noel Devine - RB/RS/WV
5. Mike Mohamed - ILB/Cal
6. A DE
7. Kai Forbath - K/UCLA
7. A DL

You may be thinking wheres my tackle? But this guy Clabo looks like a legit starter so Id plug him in at RT a modest deal. Mankins at LG, then you see if O'Dowd can beat Gurode at center. If he can you give Gurode a shot at RG. If Gurode holds him off at center you slap Holland in at RG if Cannon isnt ready. Either way theres plenty if options which is needed at each spot which is needed

Pollard isnt sexy but hes a proven starter.

We also have a lot of options at FS. AOA, Deunta Williams, and Peterson.

Last edited by Incogneetus69 : 12-15-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I don't agree with trading witten (yet), but other than that, that off-season is the sex.

nice work.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Incogneetus69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I don't agree with trading witten (yet), but other than that, that off-season is the sex.

nice work.
I wouldnt expect many to be on board. The guy is a border line HOF'r. Its just my feeling that next year Dez needs to be targeted 15 times a game at least. And wed still have Miles, Felix, Choice, and RW to feed. So that 2nd rounder might be more useful than Witten at his new role, since he and Bennet are about the same level blockers. And Phillips flashed as an H-back as well.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...en_bosc_1.html

Great news for obvious reasons. A bulging disk is often times career ending so with KVB's future in question Da'Quan Bowers becomes a major option for the Lions, if he wasn't already. Knowing Shwartz, I don't think he feels comfortable with Avril and Jackson as starters for his scheme.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldnt expect many to be on board. The guy is a border line HOF'r. Its just my feeling that next year Dez needs to be targeted 15 times a game at least. And wed still have Miles, Felix, Choice, and RW to feed. So that 2nd rounder might be more useful than Witten at his new role, since he and Bennet are about the same level blockers. And Phillips flashed as an H-back as well.
:P You don't trade the best combined TE in football for a 2nd rounder. He is also the favorite target of your QB and a flawless route runner to boot. Our strength of schedule keeps us well out of a pick high enough to draft PP regardless of how we finish. SoS is vitally important for the tiebreaker following record and we have a higher SoS than all but the Browns and Vikings. The way we are playing we aren't going to lose to the Skins/Cards which will put us in a tie with a ton of teams (SoS kills us). On a positive spin we'll be in position for those 1st round Oline prospects we love to draft (sarcasm)...
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm not trading Witten, some guys are just invaluable. He's about to have 1 of, if not his best season ever this year all around with Jon Kitna. Having a guy to come up with clutch 3rd downs and red zone TD's is priceless and his blocking goes unnoticed until you put in a TE who gets blown off the ball every play.

I like everything else except Devine, when we let go of Barber I want our 3rd Rb to be more well balanced then 1 way speed or power. I know Choice seems to be non injury prone so he'd be a speed guy to compliment him more but I want to be safe. Devine is gonna be a beast though.

I want Cannon really bad though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...en_bosc_1.html

Great news for obvious reasons. A bulging disk is often times career ending so with KVB's future in question Da'Quan Bowers becomes a major option for the Lions, if he wasn't already. Knowing Shwartz, I don't think he feels comfortable with Avril and Jackson as starters for his scheme.
Thanks for posting that! Even Robert Quinn could be an option depending how his situation works out. I'm slightly more excited... lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldnt expect many to be on board. The guy is a border line HOF'r. Its just my feeling that next year Dez needs to be targeted 15 times a game at least.
That's a little much. Roddy White is the most targeted WR in the league this year and he doesn't even average 12 per.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That's a little much. Roddy White is the most targeted WR in the league this year and he doesn't even average 12 per.
ATL doesn't have Jason Garrett or WR SCreEnzzzz!1!!!111!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Bernard Pollard on the Cowboys. Pollard sucks. Replace one Roy Williams with another.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Him and Dez in back to back drafts would make up for any sin Jerry Jones has committed... ever. MAKE IT HAPPEN JERRY!!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

Him and Dez in back to back drafts would make up for any sin Jerry Jones has committed... ever. MAKE IT HAPPEN JERRY!!!!
Except that he's a top 5 pick in the draft and we're going to end up with some 7-9 or 6-10 record which might put us drafting 8-12 range.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting names from bunting

Quote:
DB Chase Minnifield: Virginia
One of the most underrated defensive backs in the country. Possesses good range, is fluid and balanced in and out of his breaks and displays great ball skills. One of the top defensive backs in the entire country in my opinion.
Quote:
OL Gabe Carimi: Wisconsin
A downright dominant run blocker who can sit into his stance, fire off the ball low and really generate a snap through his hips. Possesses a strong upper body as well and looks like an ideal fit as a potential right tackle at the next level.
Quote:
OL Stefen Wisniewski: Penn State
Simply put: He’s the most technically sound offensive lineman I have seen this year and should be able to quickly carve out a starting role for himself at either guard or center at the next level.
Quote:
DL J.J. Watt: Wisconsin
Plays with surprising bend and leverage for a guy his size. Knows how to set the edge in the run game and uses his strong hands and power well to disengage vs. the pass. Looks like an ideal 3-4 DE at the next level who should be able to quickly give you quality play early in his NFL career.
Quote:
DB Tyler Sash: Iowa
A pure ballhawk who does a great job reading his pass keys, getting early jumps on the football and making a play on the throw. Lacks great speed and isn’t the most consistent of tacklers, but will find a place in the league.
Quote:
FB Owen Marecic: Stanford
A throwback-type lead blocker who showcases good pop at the point of attack with the hand placement and leverage to consistently finish blocks. Looks like a starting lead blocker very early in his NFL career.
Quote:
OL Tyron Smith: Southern Cal
Reminds me of a young D’Brickashaw Ferguson. He’s a long, athletic lineman who needs to continue to add more natural girth/power to his game, but he has the range, balance and fluidity to develop into a very capable NFL left tackle.
Quote:
DL Cameron Jordan: California
Besides Auburn DT Nick Fairley, Jordan has been the nation’s most dominant defensive lineman on a week-to-week basis. Looks like a potential blue-chip defender at the next level.
Quote:
DT Nick Fairley: Auburn (6-4, 300)
After starting only two games last year as a sophomore, Fairley has simply become the most dominant defensive lineman in the country this season. His combination of power, explosion and athletic ability allows him to fit into any scheme at the next level and he looks like one of the few blue-chip prospects entering the 2011 draft. Not bad for a kid who wasn’t on anyone’s radar coming into 2010.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-17-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of those Big 10 players are really ******* good.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Right now if I was just gonna throw up a quick mock it'd probably look something like this.

1. DL Cameron Jordan: California
2. OL Tyron Smith: Southern Cal
3. DB Ras-I Dowling: Virginia

Any combination of DL/DB/OL should work in the first 3 rounds. The safety depth looks like crap...and I think we'll have a shot at a blue chip guy...I'll echo what i've said before you don't just have one need on this team...so if you have that 5 star guy on the board you take him regardless. That looks like it's gonna be DL.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-17-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
All of those Big 10 players are really ******* good.
I just wonder how high Watt will go. He's a hard guy to project...this DL class is SOOOOO deep. All starting caliber guys also...geez.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-18-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I've gone back to watch a few games and I really believe Watts is the best DE in the draft. I also dont believe 3-4DE is his best position. I'd leave him at 4-3 strongside DE if I draft him. I have a feeling as teams go back an evaluate he's really going to rise up the boards. Another player who i believe is going to rise up the boards is arizona's brooks reed he's a terrific athlete and exceptional pass rusher with more than enough athleticism to convert to a 3-4 OLB. I still believe the best way to clean up the mess defensively is to start on the dline where our play has been below average.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

The best 4-3 DE in this class is Robert Quinn and it's not even close.

I'd rank them:

1. Robert Quinn
2. Da'Quan Bowers
3. Ryan Kerrigan

Any one of these could probably play 3-4 OLB in a pinch, too.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The best 4-3 DE in this class is Robert Quinn and it's not even close.

I'd rank them:

1. Robert Quinn
2. Da'Quan Bowers
3. Ryan Kerrigan

Any one of these could probably play 3-4 OLB in a pinch, too.
I think he's soft against he run in a 4-3 defense. I like him but he's not playing but he's not a complete player and I see some Aaron Maybin in him.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo4prez415 View Post
I think he's soft against he run in a 4-3 defense.
Lulz.

Quote:
I see some Aaron Maybin in him.
Double lulz.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

I'd love to have Quinn playing opposite Ware, can you imagine that pass rush? oh my gawd

EDIT: I was never really high on Spencer and yes he had a 6 game run last year when he looked very good, but outside of that span what has this kid given us? Our pass rush has become bad this season, and I blame the regression of Spencer as the biggest reason. You bring in Quinn because not only does it upgrade the LOLB position and bring in more sacks there, but you will immediately see Ware's sack numbers go up as well. Right now Spencer is not good enough to beat 1v1 blocks, Quinn is. Teams would have to pick their poison and you would still have Spencer and Butler off the bench to keep our rotation fresh.

Obviously if PP is there (I really don't see that happening) we take him, but outside of him who makes sense for us around 10? 34 Ends are not impact players, no OL in this class should be taken before 20, outside of PP and Prince the CB class is deep and I don't take a corner top 10 unless he's shutdown. We're not taking a QB. Pass rusher is a premium top 10 value right behind QB and OL. You get the blue chip pass rushers in the top 10, Quinn makes the most sense for us after PP and Prince. Hell, I might even perfer him to Prince at this point bc he'll give us a better immediate return value.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 12-19-2010 at 06:03 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote