Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 Small School guys to keep an eye on.

Quote:
Appalachian State safety Mark LeGree was a first-team All- America in each of the past three seasons, picking off 22 passes and playing in many big games during that time. But Chattanooga cornerback Buster Skrine, who played in the same Southern Conference and made the all-league first team each of the past two seasons, but was not an All-America, has shot past LeGree on draft boards. His excellence with the testing and position drills at the NFL Combine are fueling his stock. Buchanan believes more in LeGree than Skrine as a prospect.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some Cam Jordan goodness from cowboysnation in a qna with bunting

Quote:
Right now, though, Von Miller has a ton of momentum, Dareus, Fairley, Patrick Peterson, Cam Newton, the two receivers A.J. Green and Julio Jones, it's like somebody has to fall back to the crowd.

We're not even talking Cam Jordan. I was talking to a scout the other day, who's a 3-4 team scout, and he was getting so excited. He said, '' can you imagine Cam Jordan playing 1st and 2nd down as a 5-technique, then in pass rush situations you could keep him on the 5. You could kick him inside and shade him on the nose, the way the Steelers use Ziggy Hood, and let him one-gap" His guys think Jordan is athletic enough, you could stand him up as a rush linebacker and let him rush off the edge in nickel situations.

Can you imagine a running back trying to pick up a 290 lb. linebacker who runs a 4.7? He ran a 4.7, he's a good athlete. And that's what these 3-4 teams are seeing. It's not just that he can play the 5, but what can you do with him in pass rush situations.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to get Legree. Big time playmaker
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 1st Round

I think if Peterson is there at #9 I would say take him, but I don't think we trade up for him. I think we would be giving up to much for just a wow response. I think as for the OL Smith that is a tough one. I like him, but I don't see the body of work like other prospects. If we moved back than I would say take the top OL and than we can go DL in round 2.

The more I see the discussions I think Jordan would be a solid pick and than we can either go DL or DB in round 2 or the top OL left on the board. We need to have a solid draft.

Put me down as Jordan at #9 as of right now. I can change my mind later.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
I think if Peterson is there at #9 I would say take him, but I don't think we trade up for him. I think we would be giving up to much for just a wow response. I think as for the OL Smith that is a tough one. I like him, but I don't see the body of work like other prospects. If we moved back than I would say take the top OL and than we can go DL in round 2.

The more I see the discussions I think Jordan would be a solid pick and than we can either go DL or DB in round 2 or the top OL left on the board. We need to have a solid draft.

Put me down as Jordan at #9 as of right now. I can change my mind later.
At this point, I don't think it would take a 1st and 2nd to get Peterson. Just taking a guess though. At a cost less than that, I would do it. I just can't say, I wouldn't trade up for him without knowing the cost.

I've still got JJ Watt ahead of Cam Jordan... and I still don't like the thought of taking a DE in Round 1.

Sure would love Von Miller here in Dallas too. Echoing the words of Miller on the thought of being drafted by the Cowboys... "I would faint." :D

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-21-2011 at 02:22 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default #9

I like Jordan, but like the post right before me I also would not mind having another top notch LB-DE. I like Von and I also like Quinn. I think they come from top schools and just imagine having one of those on the field with Spencer and Ware.

I agree...drafting a DE is kind of scary because they really are not game changers.

So i guess after one day....I am going maybe Quinn or miller
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Jerry says he has at least 2 offers to trade down. Thoughts?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do it, as long as its 15-17 range. Grab Carimi, some DE and either a safety or corner!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did he say they were for a trade down? The article I read just said that they're getting calls about the #9 pick, didn't specify if it was to move up or move down.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i had to make a bet, I'd say we trade down in the first. There's too many teams that want a QB and either of the top 2 guys could be there. We might even find a team desperate enough to give up a lot of picks.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norm, on the ticket, was talking this morning about how Bowers could be slipping due to injury concerns.

What if Bowers is there at 9?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Norm, on the ticket, was talking this morning about how Bowers could be slipping due to injury concerns.

What if Bowers is there at 9?
I would still trade down, would rather have more picks in the 1st - 2nd round range than have a "injury concern" Bowers on my team. It's different if we are talking Dareus or Fairly, but Bower and his realistic injury concern I would pass and trade down... I would probably trade back even if it was Dareus or Fairly. Almost anyone but PP!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
smoke..."we'd be interested in moving up to 9 if our guys is there"...no chance a deal has been put down. #9 is likely the spot where the 2nd tier dries up so I'm not surprised people want to move up. The Rams still make the most sense to me...I read an article the other day that said every team 11-19 would move up if the cost was right.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-23-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If Bowers falls someone will move up to take him...hard to imagine him making it out of the top 10.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
I would still trade down, would rather have more picks in the 1st - 2nd round range than have a "injury concern" Bowers on my team. It's different if we are talking Dareus or Fairly, but Bower and his realistic injury concern I would pass and trade down... I would probably trade back even if it was Dareus or Fairly. Almost anyone but PP!
But many think the injury concern is a very short sighted concern. There's really no concern that it's a long term issue.

Norm used the example of Bobby Taylor when he came out. People were scared to death of his knee. 10 years later and a very good career, his knee did finally give out. :)

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
But many think the injury concern is a very short sighted concern. There's really no concern that it's a long term issue.

Norm used the example of Bobby Taylor when he came out. People were scared to death of his knee. 10 years later and a very good career, his knee did finally give out. :)
Maybe so, but I still would pass and use it as an opportunity to trade down. Like Thule said, someone will trade up if he falls past a certain point. Plus the QBs that are up there and the WRs, someone will be willing to move up. Unless Jerry has an opportunity to trade up to get PP, I don' think he will pick at 9, just my initial instinct. Now, he might totally screw up the picks he does trade for, but I still think he makes the right move and moves back and receives more picks.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I agree that moving down may make sense. There's a ton of value in this draft in the 2nd and 3rd.

I just worry that Quinn or Bowers turns out to be a holy terror and we had a chance to have them AND Ware!

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-24-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowers still isnt even that great of a fit in our base defense. He should have the ability to adapt to any scheme...but really, he doesnt belong in a 3-4. He's goes about 280+ lbs right now...he's not a 34 end and I wouldnt want him standing up, either. If I'm a 34 team, picking in the top 10...he isnt even on my radar. There are much better fits.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I understand that he's prob not the best fit in a 34, but as much as teams throw in this league, getting as many pass rushers on the field at one time is critical. I'm not so much hung up on Bowers as I am where value is at the #9 pick.

I just think that high in the draft, it is so imperative that you get an impact player, and impact players are generally QBs, guys that rush the QB, elite WRs and CBs.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-24-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If Bowers were to make it to #9, I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him or passed on him or traded down. I think Ryan could find a great way to use him. His size doesn't bother me as much as his 1 good season and injury concern is. I'd hate to draft the next Erasmus James.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This gets me excited about Ras-I Dowling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjPU5YxvTA
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
This gets me excited about Ras-I Dowling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjPU5YxvTA
I'd sure take him. Apparently has good character. He isn't afraid to stick his nose in there. From several of the video I've seen he plays the ball well and has good coverage skills.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Yeah I love Ras-I a ton too. One of my 5 favorite players in the draft.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ras I is a round 1 talent and I still believe in trying him at corner before ever thinking about moving him to FS, problem though is that he can't stay on the field. Could drop him out of the first two rounds.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ya it's always one thing after another with him....that alone might keep him from being a safety. Injuries aside I agree he's a first round talent tho.

Read an awesome article about OT and arm length by Bunting today. Just gonna pass it along...makes Smith even sexier to me.

Quote:
A “Great” Arm Length (35+ inches)
D’Brickashaw Ferguson: Jets, 2006 (35 inches)
Ryan Clady: Broncos, 2008 (36 inches)

A “Good” Arm Length (34 inches-34 7/8 inches)
Jammal Brown: Redskins, 2005 (34 inches)
Jeff Otah: Panthers, 2008 (34 5/8 inches)

An “O.K.” Arm Length (33 inches - 33 7/8 inches)
Michael Roos: Titans, 2005 (33 5/8 inches)
Levi Brown: Cardinals, 2007 (33 1/8 inches)

A “Below Average” Arm Length (32 inches - 32 7/8 inches)
Robert Gallery: Raiders, 2004 (32 inches)
Chris Williams: Bears, 2008 (32 inches)
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ngth-6572.html

Free has 34 inch arms for reference.

Designs by me
Quote: