Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-20-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Ok bob, I'm remembering that post. So if/when we draft Carimi or anyone from wisconsin you don't say, "those big 10 lineman are too unathletic, stupid pick by Jerrah."
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
John Moffitt is the best of the bunch when it comes to the offensive line and he can provide a team with versatility, being able to play guard or center.
Moffitt can play center? I never knew that.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Moffitt can play center? I never knew that.
He made 15 starts there between his soph and junior seasons

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Ok bob, I'm remembering that post. So if/when we draft Carimi or anyone from wisconsin you don't say, "those big 10 lineman are too unathletic, stupid pick by Jerrah."
IMO, the Big Ten produces the best OL talent overall. They tend to be more intelligent and more blue collar. The guys from the south seem to be more athletic, but more undisciplined, lazy and tend to rely too much on raw talent/size.

Just a generalization. Not saying it's true in every case.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He made 15 starts there between his soph and junior seasons
Cool! I wonder why the online draftniks out there don't give him a lot of credit. He's way down on lists, and looked at as a 4-5th rounder wherever I see. But I've always liked him.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cool! I wonder why the online draftniks out there don't give him a lot of credit. He's way down on lists, and looked at as a 4-5th rounder wherever I see. But I've always liked him.
It could be a little Wisconsin bias on my end but I think he's either the first or second best guard in this draft class...it's between him and Marcus Cannon and I would place both as mid 2nd round picks just because of the position they play

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
IMO, the Big Ten produces the best OL talent overall. They tend to be more intelligent and more blue collar. The guys from the south seem to be more athletic, but more undisciplined, lazy and tend to rely too much on raw talent/size.

Just a generalization. Not saying it's true in every case.
Big Ten tends to produce better NFL players overall b/c the schools are generally better and the player environment still has an element of academics.

They are not as NFL ready from a body perspective but in terms of brains and skill sets -- yes they are.

Plus, I think guys who play in the cold and on grass tend to be much tougher. You are used to playing the elements that guys from the south don't like.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Call me whatever names you want but if Jerry Jones took BPA from the Big Ten with every player of every draft for the last 15 ears -- we'd be better right now.

As I said, Wisconsin is loaded. They are really talented.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I didn't call you any names.

The bottom line is, idc if the player is from D2, we need to take the best o-lineman possible. period.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Thoughts on Eric Hagg, DB from Nebraska?

Looked pretty good last night vs. A&M. Looks like a tweener.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anyone like Sam Young as our RT of the future? The staff may see something in him that we don't get to see. He may be an absolute SCRUB athletically, but he just screams lunchpail RT to me. I'd be willing to give him a shot.
He's beyond terrible. Every NFC East team would have a party if you named him your starting RT.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
He's beyond terrible. Every NFC East team would have a party if you named him your starting RT.
My thoughts exactly. Can't believe we even drafted him.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Colombo couldn't block my mom today, RT is a need, I hope Jerry sees that.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Colombo couldn't block my mom today, RT is a need, I hope Jerry sees that.
The way we keep winning, we'll be picking mid first round. LT could be a possibility there, so we can move Free back to the right.

I hate taking the best of a bad class though. That's what Sherrod seems to be in the OT class. Maybe some juniors declare to make it better. I like Reiff and LOVE Smith. Tyron Smith in the mid first round is not a far reach, imo. Though I would love to nab him in the 2nd if he declares and reaches that far.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the T/G in the 1st round bandwagon. I have no problem with taking a RT with our pick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Free is a fine LT d-unit. Don't fix what isn't broken. It's like you have a 10 million dollar stock and your selling it for the risk of making an 11 million dollar stock. Free is ballin out and a natural LT, I don't get you logic.

Sure he's had a rough spot or two, but look at the pass rushers we've had to face:

Orakpo, Peppers, Mario Williams, Babin on the titans, Jared Allen, The whole giants front 7 twice, Suh and Vanden Bosch, Clay Mathews, and the Jags front 4 ain't bad.

Free is our LT.

EDIT: and as for DE, it may not be a need. Bowen and Hatcher actually get to the passer, and Lissemore could be something too. The trick is that they are both free agents...

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 11-22-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be real happy with Cannon in the 1st and Moffitt in the 3rd or something like that. If we could sign another G in FA, our OL would be in a pretty good spot. Try Moffitt at C during camp and see if he might be able to take over for Geroude in 2012. Then you can draft another G next year.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'd be real happy with Cannon in the 1st and Moffitt in the 3rd or something like that. If we could sign another G in FA, our OL would be in a pretty good spot. Try Moffitt at C during camp and see if he might be able to take over for Geroude in 2012. Then you can draft another G next year.
I'm going to find out more about Moffitt as a Center... gonna post something on the prospect forum.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Free going back to the Right side is not an option. I know we discuss alot of different scenarios here like going to the 4-3, Newman to FS, but I don't even think it's a chance Free goes to RT, that and there isn't even close to a LT worth a top 20 pick that would step in much better then Free, RT is pretty easy to find.

Cannon and Moffitt would be pretty sexy though, we'd still be lacking at both safety positions and CB most likely, depending on who is picked up in FA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Thank you LL. Free is our LT. Moving him is just messing with things that don't need to be messed with. End of story.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Thank you LL. Free is our LT. Moving him is just messing with things that don't need to be messed with. End of story.
He's coming along... I'll give him that.

The better point is the one LL made about there not being an elite LT in the draft. If we had the chance to draft Joe Thomas... I'm moving Free to the right, no questions asked.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from football outsider...couple names I've had on my radar
Quote:
1. J.J. Watt, defensive end, Wisconsin. The offensive line gets plenty of love around here, but give the defensive line some props. Watt had six tackles and two pass deflections, one of which he intercepted himself to squash any hopes Michigan had of a comeback.

2. Nick Moody, safety, Florida State. The 13 tackles were nice, but it was Moody's 96-yard interception return in the final minute that iced a big win at Maryland. Moody's coaches and teammates were yelling at Moody to go down, but the safety ignored them and sprinted to pay dirt.

3. Jordan Delegal, linebacker, Northern Illinois. Delegal blocked two punts in a rout of Ball State that wrapped up the MAC West for the Huskies. One punt was returned for a touchdown, and the other set up a score. UNI blocked a third punt on the afternoon -- tell David Letterman to spring for a special teams coach for his alma mater!

4. Stephen Paea, defensive tackle, Oregon State. The senior run stuffer was unblockable as the Beavers whacked USC, with nine tackles and a forced fumble. Paea said afterward he was offended that the Trojans went for it on fourth down six times. They were 2-6.

5. Patrick Peterson, corner, LSU. The great P-squared played what was likely his last game in Tiger Stadium. In addition to his big kick return, he intercepted the game's final pass to seal the win. Off to the NFL with ye, Patrick!

Stuff from bunting
Quote:
You’d be hard pressed to find a more technically sound offensive lineman in the country than Penn State’s Stefen Wisniewski. He isn’t the biggest or most powerful of interior linemen inside. However, he routinely is able to fire off snaps on time, generates a real snap through his hips, doesn’t waste any motion getting under defenders and properly is able to get his hands inside and under his target. Plus, he showcases good balance and coordination throughout the play in both the run and pass game and really is a tough guy to disengage from. He has the versatility to play either guard or center at the next level and is a guy who I can see coming in and starting early in his NFL career. Now, I don’t consider Wisniewski a guy who will ever mature into a real blue-chip type player at the next level, but he’s the kind of solid second/third-round pick you can win with in the trenches.
Quote:
Don’t read too much into it…
Despite the quiet six catches for only 30 yards and a touchdown Troy wideout Jerrel Jernigan was able to muster up vs. South Carolina this weekend, it was still impressive to watch the guy generate such significant separation for himself so quickly from the slot. Jernigan was used all over the offense, but when lined up inside, the guy has the initial burst, body control and acceleration to gain a step, run away from defensive backs and then adjust to the football. Plus, he can be very creative after the catch, displaying good balance while making defenders miss either in a phone booth or in the open field. He is a bit limited in where he can play in the NFL because of his size. However, I have been waiting for this matchup all year to see how he stacks up vs. SEC-caliber competition, and I can now honestly say he looks like a potential higher end slot guy in the NFL who can help out in the return game and with some gadget plays on offense as well.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mmmmm JJ Watt
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

Wisconsin this year is the bomb.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

JJ Watt... intense player right there. 2nd rounder... could sneak in the 1st.

Jernigan... AWESOME STUD. Lookin' like a 2nd rounder... maybe 3rd... my guess.

Wis... hate to say it, but it's looking like the 1st round... could maybe get him in the 2nd.

Paea... his stock is all over the place... 1st round - 3rd round. I'd take him if he last to the 3rd and take it to the bank. Doubt he gets there though.

I watched the LSU/Ole Miss game and just wished and prayed there was some way in the world to get PP. He's so damn good. Jeez... why did we have to win the last 2 games. Sickening! ...what are we gonna do? Win the SB??? gah.