Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hmmm... is there such thing as a "sexy FB competition"? LOL. Gronk sucks. He's just a guy. No clue what Chapas is, but at least I've heard of him before. lol.
Chapas is a good player he basically started 3 years at UGA after the would be starter got hurt in Chapas's sophmore season. He is a good blocker who also has good hands. Whenever UGA ran the FB screen play we have he would also get some good yards after the catch. He would have had more stats, but the backup FB would always get the cheap 1 yard TD run's in the power I goaline formation. Like most FB's he isn't gonna do anything sexy, but he is a hard working, blocking FB who can make a team. He is also clean off the field.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jbsg02
Rookie

jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.

Looking at Bruce Carter's highlights, that kid has some RANGE, running down people from everywhere. It's a big boom/bust pick, cause if he can come back healthy, I think he will lock up that starting LB spot for years.
jbsg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So next year our starting LBs will be Bruce/Lee? ;)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Ha! I can imagine the photoshops with that one.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where have you been?! I swear, I thought you died in an accident or something. You just disappeared! Happy to see you back though! Phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
lol. No joke. Good to see you back, LL.

Lol. I've been in the process of moving from Kansas to Texas(once again), transferring jobs, getting my apt set up, etc, so I have been without internet connection for the last 2 months. I didn't even bring my laptop with me when I left, now I drove back to Kansas to get the last of my things so it'll still be a few weeks of down time for me after this week.

Sucks I missed most of the process leading up to the draft though, I usually don't like to miss the debates in the months prior on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol. I've been in the process of moving from Kansas to Texas(once again), transferring jobs, getting my apt set up, etc, so I have been without internet connection for the last 2 months. I didn't even bring my laptop with me when I left, now I drove back to Kansas to get the last of my things so it'll still be a few weeks of down time for me after this week.

Sucks I missed most of the process leading up to the draft though, I usually don't like to miss the debates in the months prior on here.
Well you should've warned us of the move! You know we are family around here! :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Keith Brooking not coming back for the 2011 season or what?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry said he is def. coming back for this season. I posted it before, def. a leadership thing, because his play dropped off pretty significantly last year. He was sporadic as hell, but mostly bad. I'd fully endorse starting Lee right now, but it doesnt look like it will happen yet. Maybe a fantastic camp by Lee (whenever that is) can push Brooking off the roster, but I doubt it. Jerry is behind him, and he loves the vocal leadership he has brought to the team.

It's not the worst idea for the young ILBs to get a chance to learn from him, but god...he kind of sucks now. :/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jerry said he is def. coming back for this season. I posted it before, def. a leadership thing, because his play dropped off pretty significantly last year. He was sporadic as hell, but mostly bad. I'd fully endorse starting Lee right now, but it doesnt look like it will happen yet. Maybe a fantastic camp by Lee (whenever that is) can push Brooking off the roster, but I doubt it. Jerry is behind him, and he loves the vocal leadership he has brought to the team.

It's not the worst idea for the young ILBs to get a chance to learn from him, but god...he kind of sucks now. :/
Not to worry MOTH. I see Sean Lee starting by Week 8.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Given how bad the D was ..... why not go with at least one rookie or Lee to start.

Stop all the hedging with young talent, you learn by playing.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Given how bad the D was ..... why not go with at least one rookie or Lee to start.

Stop all the hedging with young talent, you learn by playing.
Well, we really don't know yet now who will start next season, but I agree with you. If Lee is healthy, he should start. I don't even think Brooking needs to be back. We don't owe him anything. He's not even a long-time Cowboy. Garrett speaks of open competition though, so it will be interesting if he stays true to that.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

David Arkin: I'm an aggressive guy; I'm a finisher; I'm a physical presenseBy SportsDayDFW.com

Published 02 May 2011 08:44 PM

Related items
David Arkin is an offensive lineman out of Missouri State University. He was drafted by the Cowboys in the fourth round with the 13th pick, which was the 110th pick overall. Here are some highlights of a conference call with the new Dallas Cowboy:

On how he found out about being drafted by the Dallas Cowboys:

“I was so excited. I just got the call, and I wasn’t watching on my t.v., and I’m on the line with Jerry Jones and he told me I was going to the Cowboys.”

On what he was doing when he got the call:

“Actually I wasn’t going to watch today because I was just so full of emotions I felt like I was going to explode. I had to get out so I went to the mall to get a case for my phone. So I was walking in the mall and that’s when I got the call. I was freaking out up there.”

On if he was talking to Jerry Jones while he was in the mall:

“I was about to walk in.”

On if he knew the Cowboys were interested in him:

“No, they weren’t a team that I figured would target me, but you talk to a lot of different teams and you think some teams would take you more than others. But I think they try to disguise it to teams, I think, and I think that’s what happened here.”

On if he’s more of a guard or tackle:

“For my first few years I played guard and then I slid up to play tackle my senior year. I saw myself more of an interior guy as that’s what I really enjoy playing, but I think I’m versatile and can play both.”

On if playing in the East/West Game in Orlando, Fla., told him he could play with guys on the next level:

“Yes, I think that was a big test for me and I stepped up to a level of competition. It was definitely an adjustment period definitely for me for the first couple of days with the strength and speed of these guys. But as the week went on, I felt a little more comfortable and in the game I felt like I played pretty well. So there were some really good, comparable guys there so it was a good experience for me.”

On if Jerry Jones specified the position he played when they spoke:

“No. They didn’t say anything about that, but I’m sure I’ll find out.”

On how he ended up at Missouri State:

“I had a couple of junior college offers but Missouri State was the only division one offer I had so I took it and I was very happy with the decision.”

On if he’s been in contact with Missouri State alum and Philadelphia Eagles 2010 draft pick Clay Harbor:

“Yes, definitely. He’s been down here working out and hanging out here. We have the same agent, so he’s a good resource there.”

On if he’s given him any advice or tips:

“Yes. He’s a good guy as far as what to expect at the combine and the teams and stuff like that. He’s been a great guy to talk to.”

On starting all 44 games played if he was simply fortunate to not have any major injuries:

“You get banged up going through games, but I was fortunate enough that I never had a serious injury. I had a couple of minor ones that I fought through, but I think that was a positive for me that I was able to play through that.”

On depending on the lockout situation how quickly he could contribute this year and going forward:

“I’m just going to keep going wherever I am by just staying ready, getting in shape, working hard and just trying to be ready to contribute.”

On what are his strongest attributes that allowed an NFL team to take him this high:

“I think my biggest attribute is that I’m an aggressive guy. I’m a finisher. I’m going to play through the whistle. I’m a physical presence. I think teams see that that’s the hard thing to get from offensive linemen in terms of things you really can’t teach. So I think that’s one of the attributes I have.”

On if the Cowboys talked to him at the combine:

“Yes, I talked to them at the combine but besides that, I hadn’t really had much contact with them.”

On if he picked up what he was looking to get at the mall yet:

“No, I just said forget it. I just walked around for a couple of minutes and then I was like I can’t even do it and I drove back.”

On where his aggressiveness comes from and if he believes that he has a “mean streak”:

“I think I definitely have a bit of a ‘mean streak’. I’m looking at my mom right now, so I don’t know how mean that is. But I think that’s something that teams that looked at me said and put on the tape and said this guy here has a bit of a ‘mean streak’.”

On if he has a chip on his shoulder being from Kansas and not being recruited by Kansas or Kansas State:

“That was something that definitely put a chip on my shoulder coming out of high school that I didn’t get an offer from local teams, but it worked out for the best, but it’s definitely something that’s motivated me.”

On if something clicked with him as a player during his time at Missouri State:

“Yes, I think I was a decent player coming out of high school but I put on weight physically and I just got bigger and stronger and really grew into my body a little bit.”
Old 05-03-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
They will be like water.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else wondering why we didn't give a look at Deandre McDaniel in the 6th or 7th round? We didn't draft one safety, and this was a guy rated pretty highly still sitting there. That late your not drafting a starter but why not add talent to the position?

At this point signing Huff is a necessity but it's still not enough. Huff and Sensy is ok, but still a liability *unless* we sign Aso who can shadow 1 man all over the place. Otherwise, I don't see how we don't get shredded through the air without a few key pick-ups in FA in the secondary.

I also really really wanted Curtis Brown in the 3rd round, I'm happy our line is gonna be upgraded some but we still need another Guard there too. Just surprising we didn't take a stab in the dark with 1 safety.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2011, 03:24 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Cowboys. That being said I'd like to give an honest appraisal of Dallas' draft. Not a fan of Tyron Smith. He's 307 now, but did he play there? He put it on quickly, which is worrisome. Can he keep that weight and strength up through training camp and the regular season? Love the Carter and Murray picks. Obviously injuries will be something to look for with both of these guys, but I think they bring a great deal of explosion to both sides of the ball. Arkin looked athletic in the little I saw him at the Combine, given a year to strengthen up I think he may be a quality reserve on the interior. Thomas and Harris are good values late, I especially like Thomas' measurables, a worthy shot. Don't know much about the Cowboys last selections. All in all, I think the Boys did a nice job.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I hate the Cowboys. That being said I'd like to give an honest appraisal of Dallas' draft. Not a fan of Tyron Smith. He's 307 now, but did he play there? He put it on quickly, which is worrisome. Can he keep that weight and strength up through training camp and the regular season? Love the Carter and Murray picks. Obviously injuries will be something to look for with both of these guys, but I think they bring a great deal of explosion to both sides of the ball. Arkin looked athletic in the little I saw him at the Combine, given a year to strengthen up I think he may be a quality reserve on the interior. Thomas and Harris are good values late, I especially like Thomas' measurables, a worthy shot. Don't know much about the Cowboys last selections. All in all, I think the Boys did a nice job.

Thanks for dropping in. The Tyron Smith weight issue doesn't worry me that much, it's not as concerning of an issue as say Nate Solder who still actually needs to add weight and bulk and was pushed around a bunch in games. Smith was bull dozing through people and gaining weight is natural, he might lose some athleticism but he's not a RB so I can live with it.

If you had watched Marc Columbo you'd see how bad we needed to replace him, and with our offense and Garrett we need bookend Tackles who are athletic and can pass block. I would have rather taken another Guard in the 2nd round who could start from Day 1 or Rahim Moore in the 2nd though even though I think Carter could be good.

Draft could have been worse though, I saw us being mocked Cameron Jordan by a few sites, that was gonna upset me.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Anybody else wondering why we didn't give a look at Deandre McDaniel in the 6th or 7th round? We didn't draft one safety, and this was a guy rated pretty highly still sitting there. That late your not drafting a starter but why not add talent to the position?

At this point signing Huff is a necessity but it's still not enough. Huff and Sensy is ok, but still a liability *unless* we sign Aso who can shadow 1 man all over the place. Otherwise, I don't see how we don't get shredded through the air without a few key pick-ups in FA in the secondary.

I also really really wanted Curtis Brown in the 3rd round, I'm happy our line is gonna be upgraded some but we still need another Guard there too. Just surprising we didn't take a stab in the dark with 1 safety.
That late in the draft, there wasnt really a point to go S. We have three young guys at S, who all contribute on ST as it is. That group should in no way stop you from going safety early, but late? It probably wouldnt have made a difference, bringing in another late round safety. Plus who knows what's going on with Scandrick...his added bulk could mean nothing, or perhaps they envision a move to safety again. Even without that, it now appears pretty obvious that they intended to tackle this need through FA.

I do share your nervousness about the position, though. Huff isnt even a sure bet, as a signee or even as a player. He was fantastic last year...but Huff had some really rough years, full of sporadic play. There is no guarantee, he comes in and plays really well, even. Wherever he lands. I def. would have rather went with Rahim Moore in round 2, too.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-04-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That late in the draft, there wasnt really a point to go S. We have three young guys at S, who all contribute on ST as it is. That group should in no way stop you from going safety early, but late? It probably wouldnt have made a difference, bringing in another late round safety. Plus who knows what's going on with Scandrick...his added bulk could mean nothing, or perhaps they envision a move to safety again. Even without that, it now appears pretty obvious that they intended to tackle this need through FA.

I do share your nervousness about the position, though. Huff isnt even a sure bet, as a signee or even as a player. He was fantastic last year...but Huff had some really rough years, full of sporadic play. There is no guarantee, he comes in and plays really well, even. Wherever he lands. I def. would have rather went with Rahim Moore in round 2, too.
Rahim Moore would've been an instant impact player for us. I wasn't his biggest fan, but even I wanted him more than Carter. That's why I have such high expectations for Carter. If he's not the next great MLB, then he was a dumb pick. We passed up on too much talent to take Carter. He better be the ****.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really think Moore was going to be an impact player for us. I watched Nate Allen and Eric Berry get abused last year playing the same position Moore would be playing for us. Not only that but you are going to ask him to come in and start from day 1 with a short offseason? No thanks...there wasn't a safety in this class that would be an impact player for us year one.

That is the beauty of the Carter pick...this year is essentially a redshirt for any non-first round pick anyways...anything outside of special teams contributions is gravy for this class imo outside of Smith who is making top 10 money and has to start day 1.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
jbsg02
Rookie

jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
So is Keith Brooking not coming back for the 2011 season or what?
They have said that Brooking will start next year. I think what they should say is "Every position is open for competition, the best player will start" instead of, well, this guy is kind of old, breaking down, and on the decline, but he has the experience, so he will play by default. My guess is that they think Lee is better in Bradie's spot, and want him to play behind Bradie and be a 3rd down LB.
jbsg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Moore would certainly have struggles, but look at the alternative. Moore is as natural at that position as any safety in the league right now. That's not to say he's destined to be a super star. He's just incredibly fluid out there. The rest of the safeties on our roster, couldnt cover Wade Phillips. AOA boasts the best coverage potential of our current safeties...Danny and Church cant cover anything. Even if Moore struggles, it still would have been an excellent pick for the long term.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-04-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
You really think Moore was going to be an impact player for us. I watched Nate Allen and Eric Berry get abused last year playing the same position Moore would be playing for us. Not only that but you are going to ask him to come in and start from day 1 with a short offseason? No thanks...there wasn't a safety in this class that would be an impact player for us year one.

That is the beauty of the Carter pick...this year is essentially a redshirt for any non-first round pick anyways...anything outside of special teams contributions is gravy for this class imo outside of Smith who is making top 10 money and has to start day 1.
...and I saw Earl Thomas lookin' like a vet. Rookie safeties aren't always poor starts... Jairus Byrd and Louis Delmas also come to mind as guys who made big impacts as rookies. That said, I'm not sure how Moore would do. I "think" he would've made an impact, but I don't "know" that.

All I really do know is that Carter better deliver. I do think that he has a sexy name though. lol. He "sounds" like he's gonna be famous one day. :)
Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Moore would certainly have struggles, but look at the alternative. Moore is as natural at that position as any safety in the league right now. That's not to say he's destined to be a super star. He's just incredibly fluid out there. The rest of the safeties on our roster, couldnt cover Wade Phillips. AOA boasts the best coverage potential of our current safeties...Danny and Church cant cover anything. Even if Moore struggles, it still would have been an excellent pick for the long term.
Yeah, when you look at what we currently have, Moore had the look of an excellent pick. But honestly, I don't know if he was ever high on our board. Dude lacks physicality in his game and Ryan wants sure tacklers, guys who can blitz, in addition to cover.

If we look at FA, there are some good options there:

Huff, Whitner, Mikell, Landry, Manning, Goldson, Bigby, Pollard, Weddle...

I'm trying to stay positive.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rahim Moore would've been an instant impact player for us. I wasn't his biggest fan, but even I wanted him more than Carter. That's why I have such high expectations for Carter. If he's not the next great MLB, then he was a dumb pick. We passed up on too much talent to take Carter. He better be the ****.
The word that Norm was talking about was that Moore came in on his visit and evidently there was an entourage and there was some real attitude. He did not make a good impression.

I get the feeling that is something Garrett would take someone off the board.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
The word that Norm was talking about was that Moore came in on his visit and evidently there was an entourage and there was some real attitude. He did not make a good impression.

I get the feeling that is something Garrett would take someone off the board.
Ah interesting insight.