Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-28-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't been caught yet..

B)
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, well, I'm very worried about that.

Any news on this? It kind of stopped recently.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing really new... I don't want to read any articles speculating its just dragging along and I hate it. Figure out the punishment nowwwww if there is one at all.
Go Amare.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers lackluster DE Kentwan Blamer has now been mentioned in the NCAA's investigation of Marvin Austin. Is is being reported that Balmer may have paid for Austin to attend the Proactive sports complex in California.

These reports coincide nicely with Balmer requesting permission to be absent from 49ers training camp due to "personal reasons."
Old 08-10-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Nothing really new... I don't want to read any articles speculating its just dragging along and I hate it. Figure out the punishment nowwwww if there is one at all.
Line forms on the right. Bama is waiting to hear on their Marcel Dareus eligibility appeal from the NCAA, both/either could come any day now.

Basically I think both our programs are ****** on this, Austin will get the same ban as Dareus from the Zero Tolerance NCAA. And both those originated with the same agent at that Florida party.

Hey, I'll hold his arms if you want to hit him.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-10-2010 at 01:05 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Yeah well I know Dareus is a huge part to Bama but if he gets suspended for a year, you guys still will be ok. Now before some1 rants about Austin not performing, if he got suspended it would be a huge blow and could legitally cost a couple games maybe.. just his presence helps the defense.
Go Amare.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A North Carolina player from 09 told the Raleigh ppr. that he & Marvin Austin were flown to a workout in California by Ketwan Balmer, SF 49ers d-lineman.

If true then UNC might forfeit wins from last yr. b/c of ineligible players. And ESPN's blogger correspondent in Raleigh now says that Austin looks like he's played his last game for the Tar Heels.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Cam Thomas

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I stopped reading when some UNC homer said something about the Tar Heels being a NC contender. ACC football is a joke.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like one or two players isn't the extent of UNC's problems anymore. A lot of stuff beginning to out about Coach Blake.

It wouldn't suprise me if Butch Davis doesn't make it out of this.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Butch will make it out, but Little and Austin have to be cleared by a certain Friday by the NCAA in order to play and it doesn't look like that will happen...

FML
Go Amare.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5501067

******* sweet, according to sources Butch Davis had a nanny I guess for his family (younger ones) but apparently that nanny could be writing papers for the players. WTF
Go Amare.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:37 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL Butch only has 1 kid, and he's in high school

I bet that "nanny" was for Butch
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering if Butch makes it through the season.

Heck, it doesn't sound like UNC is going to dress any defensive starters.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9 of the 11 starters on defense are rumored to be in enough trouble that they could be gone for the year. I don't know how 'national' that info is, but I've heard it from 2 reliable people. (I live about 20 minutes from the campus, so I know a lot of people there)

I would call my friend who knows Butch Davis personally, but I doubt he wants to answer questions like that about the team right now.

All I know is that it sounds like UNC is f***'d.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Marvin Austin suspended indefinitely by Davis & UNC. This is separate from any NCAA eligibility considerations.

Butch made the right move IMO. My prediction about Austin playing his last down for the Tar Heels seems about 99% true now.

I can't recall a college season like this one in quite a long time, with so many marquee name superstars out with suspensions or injury

Last edited by LizardState : 09-01-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: 2,600th post!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Up to 16 Tar heels could be suspended for Saturday's game against LSU, from College Football live.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, seems we're going down the craphole. Great, damn great.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Yeah, seems we're going down the craphole. Great, damn great.
:( Well yesterday I got the news that Little won't be traveling.. and today an update on my phone says the following..

" DE Robert Quinn, DT Marvin Austion (who we knew about), CB Kendric Burney among 6 UNC players ineligible for opener "

The other 2 are to be revealed I guess, please do not be Bruce or Quan.

This still sucks really bad though.

Charles Brown out.. (both corners) Michael McCadoo DE, Both Runningbacks as well (Houston & Draughn)
Go Amare.

Last edited by thenewfeature06 : 09-03-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Hurry up and put money on LSU. UNC is going to be missing 3/4 of their starting defensive line, 3/4 of their starting secondary (and some depth), and their best wide receiver.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:27 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

According to DTHsports and ACCnow, Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant and Deunta Williams were not on the team bus Friday morning..

However this LSU team is nothing special I am almost sure we will lose now.. I don't see a blowout but the entire defense is not playing pretty much besides Reddick and Powell.
Go Amare.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So 9 of the 11 starters on defense are likely out for the game. As well as their best offensive weapon Greg Little, not to mention their top 2 RB's Draughn and Houston. Damn who's gonna be out there. Carolina is gonna get trampled, I think even UVA could rout the team they are gonna have on the field. So sad considering how good their roster was.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
I'm wondering if Butch makes it through the season.
Davis looked like man who just got out of jail in his interview yesterday. Now his decision to suspend Austin makes it seem like he's scapegoating him, then the other 15 players getting suspended.

This is a big lose-lose for him, fans & the press will lay the blame for this disaster at his door. He's weathered NCAA investigation storms before but now 3 qtrs. of all that stockpiled talent is in trouble in the yr that was supposed to be their championship season, could be goodbye Butch.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

I am hoping some of the players that were "withheld" from the trip get cleared and can be there by gametime tomorrow but right now that is a long long shot.

EDIT - According to a UNC official.. Bruce Carter and Quan Sturdivant have been cleared to play as Deunta Williams has not and will be ineligble.
Go Amare.

Last edited by thenewfeature06 : 09-03-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I put a fairly large amount of money on LSU at -5 on the line... fingers crossed, really annoyed because I could have had them at +5 yesterday if I'd gotten around to putting the money in the account :( On a positive it's now out to 9.5...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote