Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 07-21-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Prospect of the Day: DE Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

DE Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh
6'5 - 265 - Senior

Highlights
** BTW, the highlights aren't mine, so thanks to those who post them on Youtube.**

Physically, he reminds me of DeMarcus Ware when he came out of Troy. How do you guys see him in the NFL? Can he successfully make the switch to OLB too?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So.. was this like his best game or something?
Old 07-21-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He probably can make the switch to OLB, but with how explosive he is out of a 3 point stance, I'd be inclined to think he's more effective in a 4-3.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one of the most physically gifted defensive ends in this upcoming draft, but he needs plenty of work done with his technique because a good deal of his effectiveness comes strictly off his raw ability

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really see him as a 3-4 OLB. To me he is a pure 4-3 DE. He is a gifted pass rusher, with a nice array of moves. I also like the way he can get low and turn the corner coming off the edge. His first step is good but is nothing special and he tends to play a little high. He also needs to bring it more consistently. He reminds me a lot of Ray Edwards though Romeus is more fluid in his pass rush.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like his potential at 3-4 OLB. His natural speed off the edge is pretty impressive and his hand usage will only make it better. Your right Tackle, his technique needs some work, but if he can improve that a bit to match with his top notch athleticism and size, his stock could make him a Top 8-10 player in the draft.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I don't really see him as a 3-4 OLB. To me he is a pure 4-3 DE. He is a gifted pass rusher, with a nice array of moves. I also like the way he can get low and turn the corner coming off the edge. His first step is good but is nothing special and he tends to play a little high. He also needs to bring it more consistently. He reminds me a lot of Ray Edwards though Romeus is more fluid in his pass rush.
I agree with you. I really like him as a 4-3 DE, he probably could play 3-4 OLB, but his best fit seems to be as a DE. I also really like that Edwards comparison with a slightly better pass rush ability.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of those clips were highlights at all hahah.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor tackler, stiff in the hips, liability against the run but explosive and good at shedding blocks. (Decent zone awareness)

43 RDE only. (Not a 34 OLB)

edit: I don't see a top first round prospect. I see a late first rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
So.. was this like his best game or something?
I believe it was parsed game film from one game because the uploader probably only had access to what he could record (that game). That's purely a guess though.

Last edited by descendency : 07-21-2010 at 04:00 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
They were actually low-lights to be honest, and me never seeing Romeus before makes me wonder haha.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see Romeus slip to the Saints in the latter part of the first round.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
That's the point. Aloysuis thankfully tends to include plays that give a pretty full spectrum to a guy's performance in a game.

Hard not to like Romeus. I do think he's a guy who should play with his hand in the dirt, but a strong performance in linebacker drills could change a lot.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Aloysius
Rookie

Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That's the point. Aloysuis thankfully tends to include plays that give a pretty full spectrum to a guy's performance in a game.
This indeed is how I roll.
Aloysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe he has the ability to play OLB in a 3-4. He was able to cover Golden Tate (single-coverage) up to 40 yards downfield in the ND game this past fall.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'd love to see Romeus slip to the Saints in the latter part of the first round.
I don't think Romeus will have any problem slipping into the 15-20 range for ya! ;)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

physically a lot like jerry hughes in my mind... i just hope he doesnt plummet like he did
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In what world did Jerry Hughes plummet?
Old 07-25-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

draft stock
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Where did you think his draft stock was? He was always, at best, a fringe 1st round player.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a really good player with some potential at alot of positions in a few different systems with his size, body type, and skillset.

I really liked him as a DE/OLB last year. He moves really well on the field. That said, he can and might put on weight to play 4-3 DE. Somewhat like a Jason Jones from a couple years ago in that teams will dream on the athleticism, skillset, and size.