Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Broncos, Dumervil reach agreement on extension

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...oncos-dumervil

:*(

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Elivs got big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
oh, goddamnit

RIP ST
Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it funny that McDaniels is talking as if he's going to be the coach for a long time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I find it funny that McDaniels is talking as if he's going to be the coach for a long time.
So far, he's only done as good as Mike Shanahan did in his last few years.

5 million more guaranteed than Terrell Suggs.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, talk about overpaying! It's not like the guys is DeMarcus Ware or someone like that. Dumervil had what will likely be the best season of his career and they paid him like a player that has a season like that every other year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What don't people get that contracts just go up like this. Don't use it as a comparison to other players because it's not how the business of the NFL works.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite college players of all-time...good for him.

edit...and it's not like Elvis is going to stop getting to the Qb now all of sudden. He's been a sack artist on every level, he'll be just fine. Money well spent by the Broncos.

I'm happy he's seen so much success...the guy was just unreal in college.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-23-2010 at 06:59 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:11 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

61 for him, but they couldn't give 47.5 for Brandon? Good for Elvis though, glad he got paid.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:33 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah this was likely the best year Doom will have but ****, he was NFL sack champ. He's a dojble digit guy when healthy, especially in the 3-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
let me know when you've seen him play and then we can discuss what a terrible post this was.
I knew I was going to catch some flak for that one.. I like Dumervil a lot, but I don't think he's done enough to warrant such a big contract. He had a phenomenal season last fall, but I just can't see him being as dominant as he was last season ever again. He's small and can be exploited in the running game which is a liability for a defense, that is notoriously bad a stopping the run as it is. He's as good a pass rusher as anybody in this league, but he's very average in all other aspects of the game imo. I would think that most coaches in the league could gameplan so that Dumervil gets neutralized, that's pretty easy when a player is as one-dimensional as Dumervil. That's why I think they overpaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I knew I was going to catch some flak for that one.. I like Dumervil a lot, but I don't think he's done enough to warrant such a big contract. He had a phenomenal season last fall, but I just can't see him being as dominant as he was last season ever again. He's small and can be exploited in the running game which is a liability for a defense, that is notoriously bad a stopping the run as it is. He's as good a pass rusher as anybody in this league, but he's very average in all other aspects of the game imo. I would think that most coaches in the league could gameplan so that Dumervil gets neutralized, that's pretty easy when a player is as one-dimensional as Dumervil. That's why I think they overpaid.
A couple things (and I am not a Donkos fan at all):

- Yes teams will gameplan against him more in the future. They'll have to. But as it was mentioned already this was his first year in the 3-4 as a LB. With a year of experience and more offseason work it stands to reason that not only will he improve as a stand-up pass rusher, he'll improve in things like LB run support and pass coverage. Furthermore, if Denver ever gets some decent from 7 pieces around him he will improve that much more because teams won't be able to focus just on blocking him.

- He is not "small". He is short but he is thick at 250 lbs. For a 3/4 rushbacker that is fine, even preferable given the leverage he can achieve vs. 6'4+ OTs and TEs.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
let me know when you've seen him play and then we can discuss what a terrible post this was.

marshall had repeatedly said he 'hated denver,' beyond the fact that doom doesn't spend his offseason beating ex-gfs and slipping on french fry wrappers. tbh, if we had to pick one or the other, i'm glad we kept doom.
I didn't know he said he hated Denver, all I heard was about him whining about a new contract.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They didn't over pay dude is a beast, he might not get 17 sacks again but as long as he stays healthy he should get double digit sacks every year.

Last edited by Splat : 07-23-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3 Doom. Worth every penny IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'd hope we're all better than that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They struck gold when they drafted Dumervil, so it'd be foolish to not keep him on the team.

I was hoping they let him get away.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sigh

If only Logan Mankins could be so calm, cool, and professional.

Smart move by the Broncos locking up a stud. He will have more seasons like last year, imo. He should still improve and, as mentioned, the line can only improve around him.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great news
Old 07-23-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love when people still call Doom small now that hes playing OLB. Hes the same size as James Harrison, not much smaller than Lamarr Woodley.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I love when people still call Doom small now that hes playing OLB. Hes the same size as James Harrison, not much smaller than Lamarr Woodley.
Well talking height he's still quite small for a 3-4 OLB, but the correct term would be short. Weight wise he's still on the smaller side, but it's not severely undersized or anything. Especially when you factor those two together he's big for his height. I guess what I'm saying is he's not real small, but I can still see why people would say that.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, James Harrison and Elvis Dumervil are pretty short for 3-4 OLB's. It's not bad, though, it can definitey work to their advantage. Monsters like Bryant McKinnie and Max Starks and Jared Gaither will and definintely do struggle with those guys when they get low. There's no way that a guy that is eight inches taller than them will be able to drop as low as they do.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Well talking height he's still quite small for a 3-4 OLB, but the correct term would be short. Weight wise he's still on the smaller side, but it's not severely undersized or anything. Especially when you factor those two together he's big for his height. I guess what I'm saying is he's not real small, but I can still see why people would say that.
My point was more that of the top 3-4 OLB's, other than Ware right now most of them are short and stocky and Doom is only fractions of an inch shorter than other top guys like Harrison and Woodley.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
My point was more that of the top 3-4 OLB's, other than Ware right now most of them are short and stocky and Doom is only fractions of an inch shorter than other top guys like Harrison and Woodley.
Woodley is 3 inches taller at 6'2". Harrison is the only one that really compares with Dumerville.

Here are the top 15 OLBs in terms of sacks from last year. Dumerville is at least 4 inches shorter than all but two.

Dumerville - 5'11"
Harrison - 6'
Cain - 6'2"
Berry - 6'3"
Wimbley - 6'3"
Orakpo - 6'3"
Porter - 6'3"
Hali - 6'3"
Phillips - 6'3"
Matthews - 6'3"
Ware - 6'4"
Pace - 6'4"
Lawson - 6'5"
Scott - 6'5"
Taylor - 6'6"
Old 07-23-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people act like the guy has come out of nowhere and he dosent have a high ceiling. the dude posted 17 sacks his senior year of college too.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
people act like the guy has come out of nowhere and he dosent have a high ceiling. the dude posted 17 sacks his senior year of college too.
For some reason i always thought he got 20 sacks his senior year. Makes no difference really, but i always thought he'd be a beast inthe NFL

RIP ST