Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Football is a little under a week away! I love the fact that we are under the radar right now. Hines Ward said it best: "When noone gives us a chance, we win the Super Bowl. If people say we are going to win it, we miss the playoffs."

Now I'm not going to say it's going to be easy. We are without three of our best offensive players in Ben, Colon, and Tone. If we somehow make it 2-2 when Ben gets back, I think he could come back pissed off.

Discuss all things Pittsburgh Steelers in this thread!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone going to Training Camp this year? I know for certain I'm going once, but I might go again earlier.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:52 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah lets go this.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Is anyone going to Training Camp this year? I know for certain I'm going once, but I might go again earlier.
I go every year

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I go every year
I'll for sure be going to the night practice. When you going?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are you guys looking forward to watch play this camp/preseason/season?

Out of the Rookies im intersted to see how, Pouncey, Dwyer, Sylvester, and the wideouts do.

- Pouncey to see if he's ready to step in and play, either at guard or center.
- Dwyer to see if he is as good in pads as he was in the OTA's. And to see his goaline/short yardage skills.
- Sylvester to see if he is as good a special teams player as he looks in his highlight vids.
- Sanders and Brown to see if either can step up fast enough to replace Wallace's role from last year, and keep the defences from double teaming Wallace and Hines...Randle El and Battle just arent explosive enough to warrant defences to worry.

It'll be interesting to see the competition between Worilds ad Gibson, im sure theyll be pushing each other, but i dont expect either to stand out that much in the early stages.

What you guys think?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Who are you guys looking forward to watch play this camp/preseason/season?

Out of the Rookies im intersted to see how, Pouncey, Dwyer, Sylvester, and the wideouts do.

- Pouncey to see if he's ready to step in and play, either at guard or center.
- Dwyer to see if he is as good in pads as he was in the OTA's. And to see his goaline/short yardage skills.
- Sylvester to see if he is as good a special teams player as he looks in his highlight vids.
- Sanders and Brown to see if either can step up fast enough to replace Wallace's role from last year, and keep the defences from double teaming Wallace and Hines...Randle El and Battle just arent explosive enough to warrant defences to worry.

It'll be interesting to see the competition between Worilds ad Gibson, im sure theyll be pushing each other, but i dont expect either to stand out that much in the early stages.

What you guys think?
Yeah, definitely interested in seeing those guys.

Also Summers to see if he developed at all, Foster, J. Scott, and the guy we signed at RT, and both Foote and McFadden to see how fast they re-adapt to our defense.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'm looking forward to all the young corners and how the develop.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently there is allot of intrigue around Ramon Foster within the organisation, and allot of scouts already believe he will win the starting RT job.

The signing of Adrian Jones is solely for depth at the RG spot.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I also want to see how Demetrius Taylor does. Hopefully we found our next good run-blocking FB.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

There is always ones UDFA to make the team. I think Taylor is that guy.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pi...-Be-Gentleman/

A very nice story about Woodley. He's creeping up my list of favorite players.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pi...-Be-Gentleman/

A very nice story about Woodley. He's creeping up my list of favorite players.
He is already my No. 2 player, but he can't beat Polamalu out. By the way he is making a fantasy league, you can try your luck on his facebook page :)
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yes I saw that. I might make a video and try and get in that. Haha.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes I saw that. I might make a video and try and get in that. Haha.
Make a montage like JBond's. Except talk about him being awesome.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wasting no time, Woodley tossed his suitcase into his SUV and tore up I-80 heading north. He drove for hours
his ass is still driving if he was trying to go north on I-80
Old 07-26-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

So do you guys think we'll get both Pouncey and Worilds signed for camp? It would be the first time in a long time that a rookie would not be there for the start of TC.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would assume so, it would be laughable if worilds held out...rare to see a second rounder hold out, and i dont think worilds was great value at that slot anyway.

id be surprised if pouncey wasnt in on time, it might rely on iupati's deal alot though
Old 07-26-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think Worilds' deal has been delayed because he wanted to see what Lee got.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think Worilds' deal has been delayed because he wanted to see what Lee got
Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Post *****! POST *****! Lol, jk jk.

Yeah, and I was also reading that there are actually very few first round picks that have already signed. Makes it even more surprising that Bryant is one of them.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

who else is signed besides bryant?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
who else is signed besides bryant?
Wow, apparently no one else.

http://backseatfan.com/2010/05/2010-...-team-by-team/

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

yeah i didnt think so lol, bryant got low balled too i cant believe he signed it being a potential top 10 pick...hes getting 11.8 which is what beanie wells got at 31 last year and 8.5 guaranteed which is just on par with what mack and harvin got last year in the early 20s, its usually a substantial increase i though he'd get 16 mil with 9-9.5 guaranteed
Old 07-26-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Woohoo! Woodley won't hold out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5410540

Props to clover_jeez!