Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#1's don't get enough passes to stay in Pittsburgh. Granted I don't think Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson would have a problem playing for Pittsburgh.

It is a weird situation. We don't need it to win but it would be nice.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope one of our rookie WRs step up so Hines can go to his natural slot position. IMO, he could play another 2-3 seasons as a slot guy. But if we win the Super Bowl this year, he'll be gone and I'll cry.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Floyd would be unbelieveable, but he's too damn injury prone. Greg Little would be nice as well. Leonard Hankerson is dreamy as well.
i think jones would be unbelievable....i <3 him

crushing blocker and unreal athlete....ill take the inconsistencies with his hands. i like floyd too, alot...but he has the lack of quickness that makes WRs like him flop, hes got superstar potential at the same time though

id love little and hankerson too.

i just cant stand baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baldwin has the most bust potential, but he has so much upside that it rivals Green. When Baldwin is on, he's damn near unstopable.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to have an elite #1, and if there's a year to get one it's this year.

But Ward would have to retire for it. Granted, it's very possible. This could be the first year in quite a while where we enter the draft with real holes, not just needs.

Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Charlie Batch, and Hines Ward could all retire this off-season.

I'm not worried about Farrior retiring, as Timmons finally became a stud and we've got Foote, Fox, and Sylvester there. Same for Batch, we've got the #2 in Leftwich and #3 in Dixon.

But if Smith and Ward retire, boy are we in trouble. This year we've got a pretty good situation with Ward in there, as he's our clear #1 and defenses still can't stop him. But as some of you have mentioned, Wallace doesn't seem to be on his way to becoming a #1. Part of it is due to the play-calling, but some of it has to be due to his ability. He can still improve a bit, but not enough to constantly command double teams, like Andre and Fitzy and Moss do, and actually beat them. Wallace, as of right now, is a one trick pony, and if you ask me, he should be that. He's virtually unstoppable as a deep threat and he should keep doing that. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But if Ward retires, then we have Wallace, Randle El, Sanders, Brown, Battle, and Sweed as our receivers. I don't expect Battle to return next year, even if he is a good special teams player. Randle El is a #3 guy now, no longer a #2. Reliable hands, but not really athletic anymore. Basically a poor man's Hines Ward when it comes to receiving. Sanders does seem like a Holmes' type of player, and Brown could be a good slot receiver as well. But we still need that #1.

And if Smith retires, then we've got NO depth anymore. Hood would become the starter, and the only depth for BOTH DE positions would be Nick Eason. Add in the fact that he'll be 31 and Keisel 32, and it's definitely a big area of need.

Fortunately for us, this upcoming draft is really rich and deep in the positions we need to address. CB, 3-4 D-line, WR, interior O-line, there are many players in those areas. I usually don't like the idea of this, but I think we should trade future picks for picks this year. Future first for a first or second this year, future second for a third this year, etc.

And regarding the WR's, I've got them 1. A.J. Green, 2.a Floyd, 2b. Baldwin, 2c. Jones. A,B,C has no order whatsoever, just have Green above them.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id love to have a real #1 step in and ward take the slot and dominate....ward is a master of the slot routes, he plays like a mini TE.

could you imagine Wallace on the left, and Julio Jones on the right with ward in the slot? Brown and sanders would be stud rotations in and running towards jones/wards side wouldnt be fair...they get a hand on the defender and they are DONE

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i think jones would be unbelievable....i <3 him

crushing blocker and unreal athlete....ill take the inconsistencies with his hands. i like floyd too, alot...but he has the lack of quickness that makes WRs like him flop, hes got superstar potential at the same time though

id love little and hankerson too.

i just cant stand baldwin
That's what worries me about Jones though. I agree with you that he's a great athlete, but those dropsies are something that players usually struggle. Braylon Edwards never fixed it, and there are other similar cases.

I like Little and Hankerson too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Baldwin has the most bust potential, but he has so much upside that it rivals Green. When Baldwin is on, he's damn near unstopable.
Right on. When he's on his game, I've seen him do unreal things. And if he had a good QB, he'd be doing those things more often than not. On his game, he's like a slower Calvin Johnson, but Johnson runs a 4.3, so it's not as if Baldwin is slow.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
That's what worries me about Jones though. I agree with you that he's a great athlete, but those dropsies are something that players usually struggle. Braylon Edwards never fixed it, and there are other similar cases.

I like Little and Hankerson too.

Right on. When he's on his game, I've seen him do unreal things. And if he had a good QB, he'd be doing those things more often than not. On his game, he's like a slower Calvin Johnson, but Johnson runs a 4.3, so it's not as if Baldwin is slow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVV70efL26Q

that grab gives me a boner. i really think he will be a MUCH better pro than college player

see i HATE the calvin johnson comparison that baldwin gets, thats a smack int he face to calvin who is in a class of his own. Baldwin has no quickness, good straight line speed and a huge body but he looks ******** in and out of his cuts. if he compares to any GT WR its demaryius thomas and a big deep threat with a long stride and good straight line speed. he looks like a TE playing WR and not in a good way like ward or boldin

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I mean, Baldwin is 6'5 230 pounds, has a 40 inch vert, and runs a 4.45-4.55. He's strong, physical, and has nice hands. He's a matchup problem waiting to happen. He's just not as consistant, but he has ****** QB play.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:

that grab gives me a boner. i really think he will be a MUCH better pro than college player

see i HATE the calvin johnson comparison that baldwin gets, thats a smack int he face to calvin who is in a class of his own. Baldwin has no quickness, good straight line speed and a huge body but he looks ******** in and out of his cuts. if he compares to any GT WR its demaryius thomas and a big deep threat with a long stride and good straight line speed. he looks like a TE playing WR and not in a good way like ward or boldin
Baldwin had a similar catch, but with two people around him.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i know its just a highlight....but i wanted to share my julio jones boner jams 2010

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Wow, I got called a Michigan fan!!! sorry but I went to grad school at Ohio State, and hated Michigan with a passion. I would like to see 3 better lts than Jake Long. Replayed the game and did not see even one hold by him on peezy.

Agree with the consensus here that a premiere no 1 receiver would be nice, but still would grab a top corner if he's there. If Smith is done for good, d-line goes to top of list though.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
Wow, I got called a Michigan fan!!! sorry but I went to grad school at Ohio State, and hated Michigan with a passion. I would like to see 3 better lts than Jake Long. Replayed the game and did not see even one hold by him on peezy.

Agree with the consensus here that a premiere no 1 receiver would be nice, but still would grab a top corner if he's there. If Smith is done for good, d-line goes to top of list though.
I don't believe you just rewatched the game.

And Joe Thomas and Ryan Clady are arguably better. That is why I said he is top 3. You can make a case for either of those.

Last 10 years, easily WAY WAY better is Jon Ogden, Orlando Pace, and Walter Jones.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post

And Joe Thomas and Ryan Clady are arguably better. That is why I said he is top 3. You can make a case for either of those.

Last 10 years, easily WAY WAY better is Jon Ogden, Orlando Pace, and Walter Jones.
Pace basically redefined the term "pancake," lol.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:

That was a spectacular catch.

I know Calvin Johnson is in a league of his own. That's why I said a slower Calvin Johnson.

Johnson epitomizes everything you want in a WR (except the injuries). There will not be another prospect like Calvin in a while. But Baldwin has the same size, same kind of build, and same freakish ability to snatch the ball out of the air that Calvin has.

I have Baldwin higher than I had Demaryius Thomas last year. Baldwin is bigger and IMO is a better catcher.

Another comparison I could see would be Brandon Marshall.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

JB looks like Plex to me.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

That last catch by JB is absolutely filthy.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

baldwin is pretty sexy

what kind of 40 can we realistically expect from him tho?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Anywhere from a 4.4-4.55. He doesn't play that fast, but I'm sure he's plenty fast.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:59 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

I can understand how everyone has different opinions on who is best at every position and will respect your choices however miscast they may be. However, you start off calling me a liar? I watch every steelers game multiple times, usually fast forwarding my recording to revel in the hard hits(almost none last game) and usuallly pick up many things I miss the first time. When I watch the game live I pretty much focus on #92 on defense; at least until they drop him into coverage.

Being an Ohio State fan, I got to watch Jake Long for 3 years at Michigan where, I believe he allowed one sack total. Woodley got to practice against him and said that he was way tougher than any tackle he ever faced in a game. I think the tackles mentioned are certainly the premiere linemen of the last decade or so. However each has flaws. Jonathon Ogden can credibly be considered top of the heap, although Harrison put him on his ass multiple times. Long would have to perform at his current level for a number of years to surpass Ogden, I think he will. I watched every game Orlando Pace played at Ohio state, and many in the NFL. He was more capable of the impressive big blocks and splash plays than any other lineman of this era, however, he was inconsistant and got beat far more than Jake long ever will. Did you watch the many times Joe Thomas got destroyed by Peezy? Neither he or Clady are anywhere as Dominant as Jake.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some good news

Steelers' Aaron Smith had surgery on torn triceps, but didn't IR him because they're hopeful he can return at some point.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think we can last the regular season with him out. That I'm OK with. In the playoffs, we absolutely need him. He's tough, so I expect him back.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post

I can understand how everyone has different opinions on who is best at every position and will respect your choices however miscast they may be. However, you start off calling me a liar? I watch every steelers game multiple times, usually fast forwarding my recording to revel in the hard hits(almost none last game) and usuallly pick up many things I miss the first time. When I watch the game live I pretty much focus on #92 on defense; at least until they drop him into coverage.

Being an Ohio State fan, I got to watch Jake Long for 3 years at Michigan where, I believe he allowed one sack total. Woodley got to practice against him and said that he was way tougher than any tackle he ever faced in a game. I think the tackles mentioned are certainly the premiere linemen of the last decade or so. However each has flaws. Jonathon Ogden can credibly be considered top of the heap, although Harrison put him on his ass multiple times. Long would have to perform at his current level for a number of years to surpass Ogden, I think he will. I watched every game Orlando Pace played at Ohio state, and many in the NFL. He was more capable of the impressive big blocks and splash plays than any other lineman of this era, however, he was inconsistant and got beat far more than Jake long ever will. Did you watch the many times Joe Thomas got destroyed by Peezy? Neither he or Clady are anywhere as Dominant as Jake.
why do you keep calling james harrison peezy? its very confusing

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Lol, we got ourselves a Steelers hater here:

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

He's from Philly. That's how they act. Don't bother with him.