Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally some pictures. Looks svelte.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

600 yards in sprints is stupid for Albert. Especially on the first day of camp. This dude hasn't run 600 yards his whole career.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:20 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has no heart. Only got good right before his contract was up and the minute he gets the money he complains about everything and cant even pass a conditioning test.

I want winners. I want people who want to win.
Cant play with him. Cant win with him. Cant coach with him. Cant do it.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
It must the the system's fault that Haynesworth is out of shape. That's his excuse for being a malcontent, so maybe he can think of a way to use it as a excuse for not being in shape.
The test is to run 25 yards, bend down to the ground, get up, and repeat that action 11 more times. Then he gets a 3 minute break. Then he does it again...all while timed.

I'm 6 feet tall (6 inches less to bend down than Al), 220 lbs (about 100 lbs less to accelerate, decelerate, and carry than Al). I'm no runner, but I'm very well-conditioned by our society's standards. I work out five days a week (20 minutes cardio, then on to my lifting, kind of like a lineman). I'm less than a year older than Haynesworth. I tried to do this test Saturday, and I can't pass it anymore. I could...barely...when I was a 21 year old linebacker. The test was torture for me even then. The shuttle aspect of it makes it worlds harder than just running 600 yards in a decent time. Not a single lineman on my team had to run this test. Theirs was much shorter.

...and it's a joke that people expect him to try on consecutive days. This test will swell your knees/ankles and leave hamstrings sore for days. You're much less likely to pass it the day after your first attempt.

The guy lost 30 or 40 lbs in the offseason. If he was in good enough shape to be the best member of the Skins defense last year, he's certainly in good enough shape to practice now. Make no mistake, this is Shanahan trying to establish himself as the dominant male in that clubhouse. He had no expectation of Al passing this.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly, plus rep to the above poster. Not many people can pass this test while being timed.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i do this test for hockey, same exact thing but we have sixty seconds to complete it the run. not impossible by any means for a normal built person but for a guy his size? doing it in 70 seconds with having to bend down and everything would be exhausting.

he lost a lot of weight this offseason and seems to be in better shape than he was last year. granted, i think some of that is because he didnt want to be stuck at nose tackle and thought losing the weight would prove he was too light to do it, but his weight is down so he should be fine. as was said before, shanahan is just teaching the guy a lesson and pouring the bad publicity on.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Finally some pictures. Looks svelte.

I saw some other recent pictures like these earlier. I don't remember AH ever looking that small.

EDIT: Small is a bad word. He actually looks like he's carrying his weight well and is more muscular looking that I've ever seen him. His gut looks scaled back, and there's definition in his shoulders. Failing his conditioning aside, he passes the eye ball test for me.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 08-02-2010 at 04:18 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...mith_pass.html

Mike Golic basically completes the test while going over a couple seconds, he is 47 years old.

I think this might be the first training camp holdout where the player is actually in camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
The test is to run 25 yards, bend down to the ground, get up, and repeat that action 11 more times. Then he gets a 3 minute break. Then he does it again...all while timed.

...and it's a joke that people expect him to try on consecutive days. This test will swell your knees/ankles and leave hamstrings sore for days. You're much less likely to pass it the day after your first attempt.

Wait, what test is this? Are you sure this is the same one? He has a $100 million contract, no excuses for failing this.

Last edited by Scotty D : 08-02-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should have a test for things like pockets collapsed, sacks, forced fumbles, double-teams drawn, holding calls drawn, etc...

Oh, wait, they do? Haynesworth killed that test? Oh, well, keep him off the field because he can't do a conditioning test for a distance he'll never run in a game. Makes sense. How many Redskins players had to do this test?

Hey, by all means, keep him off the field. It just means it's less for the Eagles to worry about.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haynesworth is the only one who had to do the test. Guys who didn't show up to at least 50% of mandatory offseason workouts had to do the test. Fat Albert is the only guy who didn't show up to at least 50%, in fact he showed up to less than 1%.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
They should have a test for things like pockets collapsed, sacks, forced fumbles, double-teams drawn, holding calls drawn, etc...

Oh, wait, they do? Haynesworth killed that test? Oh, well, keep him off the field because he can't do a conditioning test for a distance he'll never run in a game. Makes sense. How many Redskins players had to do this test?

Hey, by all means, keep him off the field. It just means it's less for the Eagles to worry about.
Haynesworth is just dogging it because he got paid and doesn't give a s*** now. I could do that test with a 100 lb sack (would put me at 300) on my back in less time and I'm not much younger than Haynesworth, never was a pro athlete, and am probably in the worst shape of my life.

He needs to show effort because he isn't going to do sh*t on the field if he doesn't. It'd be better to get him to quit and sue him to the core for it.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post

Mike Golic basically completes the test while going over a couple seconds, he is 47 years old.

I think this might be the first training camp holdout where the player is actually in camp.

Wait, what test is this? Are you sure this is the same one? He has a $100 million contract, no excuses for failing this.
That link is a joke. Michael David Smith, who weighs less than half of what Haynesworth does (200 lbs less than Albert's listed weight actually) and has to bend down 8 inches less, barely passed the test. They also say Mike Golic is a similar weight as Haynesworth. I don't know Golic's current weight, but he can't be much more than 250 lbs. Haynesworth probably has 70-100 lbs on him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
That link is a joke. Michael David Smith, who weighs less than half of what Haynesworth does (200 lbs less than Albert's listed weight actually) and has to bend down 8 inches less, barely passed the test. They also say Mike Golic is a similar weight as Haynesworth. I don't know Golic's current weight, but he can't be much more than 250 lbs. Haynesworth probably has 70-100 lbs on him.
How is it a joke? You saw him run it in the video... what are you trying to say?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
How is it a joke? You saw him run it in the video... what are you trying to say?
I saw a 250-260 lb man run his two shuttles in 71 and 76 seconds. The same test that 330-350 lb Albert Haynesworth must complete in 70 seconds or less. The link claimed that Golic and Haynesworth were a "similar" weight.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I saw a 250-260 lb man run his two shuttles in 71 and 76 seconds. The same test that 330-350 lb Albert Haynesworth must complete in 70 seconds or less. The link claimed that Golic and Haynesworth were a "similar" weight.
Haynesworth is a 100 million dollar professional athlete who has supposedly been training all off season and is in the "best shape of his life"

Golic is a fat 50 year old talk show host......
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's 70 seconds for the first and 73 for the second.

When they showed it on NFL Live they listed Golic as 270. And he's a 47 year old TV analyst with no conditioning or training for it. Haynseworth is a 29 year old NFL player who has been (or at least should have been) training and conditioning for the past 7 months.

I don't care how big he is, as an NFL player he should be able to pass this test.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post

That is not the same test. Golic didn't have to touch the ground.

Also: He left early on both attempts. He didn't even go far enough on every leg of the relay. He cut some short. He also went over on time by more than they say he did. As the article below the video states, their times were inaccurate.

It's a joke that they didn't have him touch the ground. That's the worst part of it.

...and Golic is nowhere near Albert's weight. I hear his commercials on EPSN radio all the time saying he has a 38 inch waist or whatever. That's about a foot less than Albert has to be.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
That is not the same test. Golic didn't have to touch the ground.

Also: He left early on both attempts. He didn't even go far enough on every leg of the relay. He cut some short. He also went over on time by more than they say he did. As the article below the video states, their times were inaccurate.

It's a joke that they didn't have him touch the ground. That's the worst part of it.

...and Golic is nowhere near Albert's weight. I hear his commercials on EPSN radio all the time saying he has a 38 inch waist or whatever. That's about a foot less than Albert has to be.
Whatever. Hes fat and 47 years old and he hasnt been doing any training and he came way closer to passing then haynesworth, who is a professional athlete who was supposed to be training all summer.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golic was bragging about being under 240 a lot of times, lol.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golic doing that test was nothing more than a subtle advertisement for P90X.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Golic doing that test was nothing more than a subtle advertisement for P90X.
Definitely not nutri-system.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the camp that believes this test was setting him up for failure. Touching the ground is the hardest part of the test, tightening your thigh muscles and working your abdomen as you reach down every 30 yards. Mike Golic did some half lean thing and just turned around not even demonstrating the exercise correctly.

If Haynesworth didn't have to extend his hand to the ground, then there is no excuse for his behavior. However, if he did the exercise the correct way then I don't believe this was an actual test so much as it was a punishment (for missing the earlier work outs or whatever)

Also, this test takes a lot of cardiovascular strength which Haynesworth probably didn't work out nearly as much as his muscle mass (though that is speculation).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I'm in the camp that believes this test was setting him up for failure. Touching the ground is the hardest part of the test, tightening your thigh muscles and working your abdomen as you reach down every 30 yards. Mike Golic did some half lean thing and just turned around not even demonstrating the exercise correctly.

If Haynesworth didn't have to extend his hand to the ground, then there is no excuse for his behavior. However, if he did the exercise the correct way then I don't believe this was an actual test so much as it was a punishment (for missing the earlier work outs or whatever)

Also, this test takes a lot of cardiovascular strength which Haynesworth probably didn't work out nearly as much as his muscle mass (though that is speculation).
That is the standard conditioning test. He knew that if he didnt show up to atleast 50% of the offseason workouts he would have to take it, just like everyone else. He didnt go to any so he had to take it... how is that setting himself up to fail? He set himself up to fail.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:05 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I know this might be a shocker, but a 300 meter shuttle run test your ability to transition from mild sprint to a dead stop, turn, and explode back up 12 times. Then you get 3.5 minutes to recover and do the same thing. Haynesworth will absolutely need to be able to explode and stop on a football field.

You can't simulate wear and tear of 2-3 quarters of football, so you make him run some distance. It's not just about the first snap of the game. The redskins care to have him in week 16 in the 4th quarter doing the same thing in week 1 in the first.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:49 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely pathetic to not be able to pass that.

Pick all the holes in Golic you want, he is still 47 and still got closer than Haynesworth has managed.

I could rock up now, with no ACL in my right knee and I could pass that test. Any person in decent shape should be able to pass that test, that is all it is designed to test, it isn't some test to prove you are an elite athlete, it is a test to show you have decent endurance and are in good enough shape to then go and train.

Probably the hardest part of the whole test is the wait in the middle that lets the lactic acid build up, the time and distance should present no challenge at all, remove that and tell them to run 600 yards and it is as basic a fitness test as you will get.

I'm fully of the opinion that this test was a measure for Shanahan to show who is boss and that Haynesworth's abysmally pathetic attempt at completing it and subsequent injury is just his way of pushing back. Hell Mt Cody passed a very similar test for the Ravens, it is not a difficult test, but Haynesworth is making his point, it hurts the team far more as I haven't seen anywhere that he isn't getting paid or is fineable whilst he sits out and fails the test, he is basically holding out in front of everyone.

This one is going to be very interesting, basically Shanahan is not letting his best player train or learn the defense to make a point, will be very interesting how long he is willing to let the sideshow run before he takes some action, either makes him train or sends him home, either way... the Redskins are successfully going into self destruct mode again.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote