Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea why Holt would be placed on IR. If I were him, I'd just retire. He was a longshot to make the roster anyways.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rald-gets-mri/

Quote:
Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports that Fitzgerald is undergoing an MRI. The team hopes it's only a slight sprain.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Any word on Colt McCoy? He left the Packers game with what looked like a right arm/shoulder/rist injury. Speculating, it looked like he hit his right hand on a helmet and maybe bruised or possibly broke his wrist.
Only that Mangini said it was not too serious, but no details other than that yet.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spiller shoooooow. Joique Bell and Chad Simpson don't even seem like they'd be out of place making the roster if there wasn't so much in front of them. If they can impress against tougher defenses in the preseason, one should have a roster spot and the other a hot ticket on the waiver wire. Simpson also offers good special teams value.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
who is that? :D
Keep it a secret till after the draft.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Fitzgerald will miss the rest of the preseason with a sprained MCL, but should be back for the reg season opener.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2010/08/...-conservative/

Could have been a lot worse based on that picture...
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=5466290

Poor guy... If anyone deserves to catch a break, it's him.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-a-cart-ride/

Marc Colombo carted off the field with a right knee injury. Given his injury history I wouldn't be too surprised if it were serious. Might make any competition still happening between Free and Barron obsolete since one will have to man the right side most likely....
Old 08-18-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-the-bills/

Quote:
With two key members of the Buffalo Bills' offensive backfield (Fred Jackson and Mashawn Lynch) out for the balance of the preseason if not longer, a key member of the defensive backfield is now injured, too.

Safety Jairus Byrd, a finalist for NFL defensive rookie of the year in 2009, is out indefinitely after undergoing his third groin surgery in 13 months.
I'm sorry Bills fans I really am.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find some comfort in that our second-string safeties could be a decent starting duo, but Byrd is one of the few things to be excited about. Just a magnificent ballhawk. Wilson can still pull down balls and he'll be entrenched as a starter as long as Byrd is out. He's also much, much better in run support.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-a-cart-ride/

Marc Colombo carted off the field with a right knee injury. Given his injury history I wouldn't be too surprised if it were serious. Might make any competition still happening between Free and Barron obsolete since one will have to man the right side most likely....
Adding to this...Colombo wil still be out 4-6 weeks.

Barron is out with a sprained ankle.

And now our starting LG, Kyle Kosier, will be out 4-6 weeks.

Probably down two starting lineman to start the season. Joy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Shawne Merriman injured, out of Saturday's preseason game
Old 08-20-2010, 03:33 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland placed P Dave Zastudil (right knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Washington placed WR Mike Furrey (concussion) on injured reserve.

Oakland placed QB Charlie Frye (wrist) on injured reserve.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Adding to this...Colombo wil still be out 4-6 weeks.

Barron is out with a sprained ankle.

And now our starting LG, Kyle Kosier, will be out 4-6 weeks.

Probably down two starting lineman to start the season. Joy.

We lost our all pro left tackle to start the season, and won the superbowl. Don't fret yet my friend :D
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artie-is-gone/

In San Diego, the team seems to be enjoying Cromartie's absence.

Quote:
"Me and Cro had conflicts. That's just the way it was. " safety Eric Weddle told the San Diego Union-Tribune. Weddle says Cromartie's absence is, "Refreshing. I can't tell you how nice it is to come to work every day and not have that in the room and just knowing everyone is on the same page, everyone is behind each other."

Even Cromartie's best friend on the team Quentin Jammer says his life is a lot easier without so much drama. (Getting drama free seems to be a theme of the Chargers offseason.)

"It's easier for me now," Jammer said. "I tried my best to put out fires, tried to keep the room intact, but it was too much."
Old 08-20-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Meant to post the above in the TC thread.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i believe it was bbd who called dallas not being able to avoid the injury bug this year

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Gibril Wilson could be done for the year
Old 08-22-2010, 07:26 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody lose any guys in games last night?

My Packers seem to have come out pretty clean. We didn't even play Matthews, Woodson, Barnett, Harris, and I think Hawk.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Nobody lose any guys in games last night?
I've read that Russell Okung may miss the season opener because of an ankle injury suffered last night. Kentwan Balmer (knee/ankle) and Kelly Jennings (elbow) were also injured for the Seahawks. MRI's will be conducted on all three players today.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maurice Leggett was carted off the field with some kind of neck injury. He was moving his arms and legs but we're not sure how bad it is. Hopefully we find out today.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I've read that Russell Okung may miss the season opener because of an ankle injury suffered last night. Kentwan Balmer (knee/ankle) and Kelly Jennings (elbow) were also injured for the Seahawks. MRI's will be conducted on all three players today.
Almost zero depth at that tackle position, they were probably going to suffer with a rookie there but now it is pretty much back to the 2009 level.

If Seattle gets off to a slow start where they have a losing record by the mid-season point they should just throw in the towel because those 2 QBs they have sure as hell arent the answer.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Urlacher and Peppers both suffered injuries that are being considered minor. I haven't heard of any other Bear injuries. Hopefully that keeps up.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We probably lost Sensabaugh for the rest of the preseason.

Brooking is probably done until the season, as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kareem Moore out 4-6 weeks