Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way they don't end up with the best of the big 4 receivers next year now.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on Rashard Mendenhall's arm?

Last edited by Jakey : 08-27-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Any news on Rashard Mendenhall's arm?
rumors that he broke it in practice. Steelers are denying it.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
They need to make us an offer for Sam Hurd. :D

Unless we intend to keep him.

But honestly...their best receivers are Laurent Robinson and Danny Amendola, currently. Come on now. Cant depend on Gilyard or Gibson either. Poor Bradford.
Jordy Nelson & Justin Harrell to St Louis for the Rams 2011 1st round draft pick?
Is that enough for Jordyzzzz?

I didn't know Mendenhall was hurt. Sh*t. He's my bonus keeper.

Trent Cole hurt his ankle, MRI scheduled for today.
I hope it's not serious, but if it's enough to just miss week one, I don't mind.
Week 1: Packers @ Eagles.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ffield-so-far/

Quote:
Though details remain sketchy and the team is taking a guarded approach to drawing conclusions or supplying information regarding the condition of Chiefs linebacker Cameron Sheffield, we're hearing that Sheffield's condition has improved dramatically following a scary incident on Friday night that left him motionless on the field.

Early indications weren't good at all, with Sheffield showing all the signs of someone who had suffered a potentially severe spinal cord injury.

Stay tuned for more details. Though more tests need to be conducted, the indication for now is that Sheffield will be fine.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that hit up close.. he hit the RB and then just fell. It was scary. I hope the kid is okay.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he led with his head, it's his own stupid fault
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
No way they don't end up with the best of the big 4 receivers next year now.
Doubt Avery was going to change that and you are right they will go WR with their 1st pick but that was probably true before the kid was injured.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
rumors that he broke it in practice. Steelers are denying it.
NOOOOOOOO I have him in fantasy
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
If he led with his head, it's his own stupid fault
I absolutely hate everything you choose to be. Every time I see you post I want to kick a small animal, that's how annoying you are on a day to day basis. You're like a little yapping dog that won't shut up.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I absolutely hate everything you choose to be. Every time I see you post I want to kick a small animal, that's how annoying you are on a day to day basis. You're like a little yapping dog that won't shut up.
Wonderful.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors of Mendenhall's broken arm are false.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arles-both-ok/

Quote:
Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles, who left Friday night's game against the Eagles early, appearing to have been hurt on a carry when he was shoved out of bounds.

It turns out that Charles just landed awkwardly on his funny bone and is OK.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Jordy Nelson & Justin Harrell to St Louis for the Rams 2011 1st round draft pick?
Is that enough for Jordyzzzz?

I didn't know Mendenhall was hurt. Sh*t. He's my bonus keeper.

Trent Cole hurt his ankle, MRI scheduled for today.
I hope it's not serious, but if it's enough to just miss week one, I don't mind.
Week 1: Packers @ Eagles.
Nelson and Harrell for the Rams 2011 1st? No offense but the Ram's arent that stupid. That's like saying Nelson and Harrell for A.J. Green..aint happening. Maybe a second and you might be onto something.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has any one heard on Tebow's bruised ribs and is he going to play 2mrw against Pitt ? I sure hope so . Been waiting to see him on the field !
Old 08-28-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Nelson and Harrell for the Rams 2011 1st? No offense but the Ram's arent that stupid. That's like saying Nelson and Harrell for A.J. Green..aint happening. Maybe a second and you might be onto something.
No. Just no. Maybe add a first, second, third, future second, and then you might be talking.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
No. Just no. Maybe add a first, second, third, future second, and then you might be talking.
I love JordyzzzzzzZzZ11 as much as the next guy, but if it takes trading him to get us to take him off kickoff duty, then so be it. I'll rip my eyes out if I have to witness Nelson returning one more time. There's only so much of running straight into a defender and falling I can take.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I love JordyzzzzzzZzZ11 as much as the next guy, but if it takes trading him to get us to take him off kickoff duty, then so be it. I'll rip my eyes out if I have to witness Nelson returning one more time. There's only so much of running straight into a defender and falling I can take.
He's certainly not a great returner, but he's not bad. He' doesn't try to break one for a touchdown, but rather goes for the sure yards. He takes what he can get and doesn't do anything stupid. He actually averaged over 25 yards last year too which isn't bad at all. It ranked him 11th among those with at least 20 returns.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I thought that was in the Packers special team playbook.

I googled "packers kickoff return td" to try and see when their last one was and it just brought up a bunch of returns against them and some other random news.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I thought that was in the Packers special team playbook.

I googled "packers kickoff return td" to try and see when their last one was and it just brought up a bunch of returns against them and some other random news.
Allen Rossum? Can't be. I think we've had one or two since then. But yeah, doesn't happen very often for us.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night's Casualties:

WR Donte Stallworth, broken foot. Out at least 2 months.
QB Jason Campbell, leg..... I'm not sure the extent. Anyone else?
RB Michael Bush, hand, I think he broke his hand or finger. Anyone on the left coast with any info?
Old 08-29-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=5507899

Campbell had a stinger.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Here's the play Jason went down on. Nice lazy feet by the LT there for the Raiders. Move the feet big fella. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ampbell-injury
Old 08-29-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Here's the play Jason went down on. Nice lazy feet by the LT there for the Raiders. Move the feet big fella. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ampbell-injury
Henderson is trash. He can be credited as the same guy that got Gradkowski banged up last season, too.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Cameron Sheffield left the hospital and has all feeling in his extremities. He's walking around now and will be 100% fine.