Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Ryan Williams' knee is still messed up. I'm starting to seriously doubt his NFL career is every going to amount to anything. Mendenhall's knees are a bit gimpy as well, so Stepfan Taylor has been taking first-team reps. Might not be a bad thing...
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Sounds like Ryan Williams' knee is still messed up. I'm starting to seriously doubt his NFL career is every going to amount to anything. Mendenhall's knees are a bit gimpy as well, so Stepfan Taylor has been taking first-team reps. Might not be a bad thing...
I have no rooting interest in the Cardinals, but I clearly recall seeing his knee blown up (patellar tendon) on his VERY FIRST EVER carry, preason game August 19th..... reckless tackle by the Packers MD Jennings jumping on his back like a horse..... still can remember hearing Williams scream.

I hate fuckinginjuries to knees......
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers fear Bulaga's out for the season with a knee injury

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...f-bryan-bulaga
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports LT Bryan Bulaga suffered a knee injury in Saturday's intrasquad scrimmage, and the Packers are "fearing the worst."

The injury initially seemed minor, until Bulaga approached medical staff reporting a "problem" with one of his knees. After exams, the Packers reportedly have "concern that the injury was a torn ligament and would turn out to be season-ending." Should Bulaga's injury prove as severe as feared, Green Bay's first option would likely involve turning back to Marshall Newhouse. Newhouse started the past two years on Aaron Rodgers' blindside, but consistently struggled and was benched this offseason in favor of Bulaga."

What else is fuckingnew.

Our 2011 1st round bookend OT Derek Sherrod's career was probably ended in week 15 that year..... now our 2010 1st rounder might miss another year, after going on IR last year halfway thru the year with a hip that popped out.
Perfect.

Meanwhile, Iupati, Davis, Staley keep humming along in San Fran....
Old 08-04-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bwahah . Y'alll won't stand a chance week 1 in sf Bawahahah .
Old 08-04-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Now that's what I call a class act. It makes me feel so privileged to hate the 49ers like I do.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he ran the 49er's, Tebow would be starting and they'd be trying to put up bail for Hernandez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Incredibly bad post

0/10
Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Packers fear Bulaga's out for the season with a knee injury

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...f-bryan-bulaga
They got through a week before a devastating injury occured, so that's good for them I guess
Old 08-05-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
he's an intentional troll. let's not start acting like he's even here because he cares about football.
Gotcha...good to know
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's obviously correct. I don't know why we're even playing the game.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
"The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports LT Bryan Bulaga suffered a knee injury in Saturday's intrasquad scrimmage, and the Packers are "fearing the worst."

The injury initially seemed minor, until Bulaga approached medical staff reporting a "problem" with one of his knees. After exams, the Packers reportedly have "concern that the injury was a torn ligament and would turn out to be season-ending." Should Bulaga's injury prove as severe as feared, Green Bay's first option would likely involve turning back to Marshall Newhouse. Newhouse started the past two years on Aaron Rodgers' blindside, but consistently struggled and was benched this offseason in favor of Bulaga."

What else is fuckingnew.

Our 2011 1st round bookend OT Derek Sherrod's career was probably ended in week 15 that year..... now our 2010 1st rounder might miss another year, after going on IR last year halfway thru the year with a hip that popped out.
Perfect.

Meanwhile, Iupati, Davis, Staley keep humming along in San Fran....
Aww u mad bro? I guess the law of averages is catching up to the Packers. Am I doing it right?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-05-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Aww u mad bro? I guess the law of averages is catching up to the Packers. Am I doing it right?
Ahhh, perhaps.... this franchise must have enjoyed some good health in the 50's & 60's I suspect.

I feel bad for our GM who used back-to-back #1 picks on the OT position in 2010 & 2011, which meant that Rodgers edge protectors should have been our strongest position.... can't blame the GM for breakdowns there.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:27 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate seeing injuries before the season starts to any team. If a player gets hurt when it matters during the season, that is expected and understood but at least it came when it mattered.

Players that go down before the year even begins is a shame.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

ESPN's Adam Schefter called Bryan Bulaga's injury the biggest suffered in the NFL so far this season.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, well even Schefty is allowed to be wrong once in a while
Old 08-05-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulaga over Maclin or Harvin?

No schefty.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a big blow for Green Bay. Their OL was mediocre as is, now they might have to use more 2 TE sets and leave Crabtree in to block.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Bulaga over Maclin or Harvin?

No schefty.
And Crabtree
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least they have someone who has played LT for them, it's still a big loss though.

Bet they wish Eric Winston was still on the market.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryan Bulaga may be our best offensive tackle, but it's not as if he's a great player. We'll miss him, obviously, but the main problem is the defensive side of the ball. I doubt this will have a huge effect on our season.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Bryan Bulaga may be our best offensive tackle, but it's not as if he's a great player. We'll miss him, obviously, but the main problem is the defensive side of the ball. I doubt this will have a huge effect on our season.

The Packers led the NFL in sacks given up. I'd say losing your top OT is a HUGE loss. I don't see how GB's oline is better or even equal to last year's unit, which means Aaron Rodgers is going to get rocked again in 2013.

Denver, NE, New Orleans and Atlanta have made it their top priority to protect their franchise QBs.

Even if GB makes the playoffs, I don't see how they advance with that oline.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see losing Bulaga in the 1st place as a big deal. He is ok, but nothing special and their OL was going to suck regardless if he played or not.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This means Marshall Newhouse is probably going to start again this season. FML.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote