Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart decision Andy.

Quote:
Jamaal Charles (foot) will not play in Friday night's exhibition game versus San Francisco, and is not expected to play another preseason snap.
Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports Charles would play Friday night if it were a regular season game. The Chiefs are taking all necessary precautions. Charles remains day to day with a foot "strain." Third-round draft pick Knile Davis will start against the 49ers, with Shaun Draughn rotating in.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
49ers:

My point is clear. It's not "luck."

Spin it how you'd like. The "excuse" for "luck" is already out the window, with the team already losing 4 times more games to injury than last year.

Play it on the field, not in the trainer's room.
You are the spinner. It is luck when a guy's ACL tears with no contact. It is luck when an Achilles tears with no contact. Ask Crabtree, Dan Marino, Danny Manning, Dominique Wilkins, Vinny Testacleverde, etc.

It is bad luck when a player from the other side flies into the RT who is blocking his guy, and hits him in the wrong spot at the wrong time, breaking his leg in 2 places.

This note I just read, which also touches on last year's Niner health:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...o-lines-crisis

Stability and durability on the offensive lines might be determining factors in 2013. The Philadelphia Eagles crumbled last year in part because their offensive line broke down. Left tackle Jason Peters didn't play a game, and only one starter, guard Evan Mathis, made it through 16 games.

Things were even worse in Tennessee. Coach Mike Munchak, a Hall of Fame blocker, started a league-high 11 different blockers in 16 games, digging into their depth for six backups. Jacksonville and Buffalo started 10.

Look at the numbers. San Francisco, Minnesota and the New York Jets were the only teams who had five offensive line starters survive 16 starts.

The 49ers and Vikings made the playoffs and are considered to have two of the best offensive lines in the league.

The average team, though, used 7.53 different starters last season.

Again, that's good fortune, good luck. It's not due to being deeper. WTF is that excuse?

It's not due to better trainers.
Ask Crabtree. Doesn't he have the same trainer as he did last year?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injuriezzzzzz
Old 08-16-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
It is bad luck when a player from the other side flies into the RT who is blocking his guy, and hits him in the wrong spot at the wrong time, breaking his leg in 2 places.
Yeah, kind of like when Jon Vilma forced a pileup that resulted in two 49ers being lost for the season on the same play?

Quit whining that your O-Line always gets hurt. You didn't see me doing it when the 49ers had 2nd and 3rd string O-Linemen at every position in 2005 and 2006.

Every person on the board knows your injuries shtick. You can give it up.

Games are won and lost on the field, not in the cold tub.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:32 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
You didn't see me doing it when the 49ers had 2nd and 3rd string O-Linemen at every position in 2005 and 2006.

Games are won and lost on the field, not in the cold tub.
I wasn't here in 2005 & 2006. Come on now, keep it real.

No games are won in the cold tub. That's for after the games are decided.
Good of you to point that out.

Back to current injuries:

Bucs HC Greg Sciano on RB Doug Martin: "Doug is going to be fine. He got hit in the head, but he cleared really quickly."
Old 08-17-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh C'mon...****....

Quote:
E.J. Manuel - QB - Bills A Saturday morning MRI revealed swelling in E.J. Manuel's left knee, and he needs to undergo a "minor knee procedure."

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 08-17-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah.....life as a Bills fan.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EJ Manuel getting injured is probably a blessing in disguise.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel sorry for Bills fans.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I feel sorry for Bills fans.
Don't feel bad...we're kind of used to stuff like this....

And suck it SP.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-17-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Tonight's injuries?

We know today about Eddie Royal leaving in an ambulance.
Tonight Derrick Wolfe also left in an ambulance.

No others in your games tonight fellas?

I didn't see my Packers game so don't know anything there....
Old 08-18-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

BRONCOS
  • Denver defensive end Derek Wolfe was placed on a backboard and taken away in an ambulance after injuring his neck in the first quarter of a preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday. Denver coach John Fox said after the Broncos' 40-10 loss to Seattle that a CT scan revealed no broken bones and the team was awaiting results of an MRI.
  • Denver receiver Wes Welker is expected to have an injured ankle examined Sunday.
  • Denver also saw starting cornerback Champ Bailey injure his left foot in the first half. Bailey limped to the locker room at halftime. He is expected to miss some practice time and will get an MRI Sunday.
  • Broncos right guard Louis Vasquez also left the game with a left knee injury. If the injury is significant, it could be a major blow for an offensive line that lost center Dan Koppen to a torn ACL earlier in training camp.

Fox had no update on Vasquez after the game.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...aves-ambulance
  • Blaine Gabbert, meanwhile, might have settled the Jaguars' quarterback competition -- as long as his thumb is OK.

Gabbert led the Jaguars (0-2) on two scoring drives and staked his claim to the Jaguars' starting job before leaving with a sprained thumb in the second quarter. Gabbert, competing with Chad Henne, was 13 of 16 for 165 yards and a touchdown to Allen Reisner before the injury. Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said an X-ray on Gabbert's thumb was negative.

It's unfortunate," said Gabbert, wearing a soft black brace. "It's part of the game. We'll see tomorrow what the deal is.
  • New York Jets outside linebacker Quinton Coples could miss three to four weeks with a hairline fracture of his ankle, a league source told ESPNNewYork.com. The injury is not expected to require surgery.
  • Miami tight end Dustin Keller has sustained what appears to be a serious right leg injury in the second quarter against the Houston Texans.

Keller will have an MRI Saturday night, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Keller's leg bent unnaturally when he was tackled on the right knee by D.J. Swearinger on an incomplete pass Saturday night. He immediately grabbed his right knee and was soon carted off the field.

Anyone have any updates from San Francisco on their injuries this week?

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 08-18-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Did anyone see the Dolphins Texans game and see the play where Keller got injured?
Was this one of those plays where the p*ssy DB basically dives into the receiver/runner's knees like what took out Adrian Peterson and Willis McGahee?

(EDIT: I have found some comments from the game board about this "play" which confirms my fears:

-that it was a totally dirty hit as well & I sure hope the NFL gives him a serious suspension. The Houston Texans cried for the dirty hit that they lost Brian Cushing last year & they had the nerve to do the same type of dirty hit. The NFL needs to start identifying intent on injuries rather just these common calls that they use today. It clearly looked like the player was trying to injure Keller instead of just tackling him. That kind of football makes me sick to watch.

- It was a lazy tackle. Not a clean hit. He may have missed the tackle if Keller would've been looking and been able to move.

- That was a dirty scumbag hit. Any sane person who saw that hit will agree. That was disgusting to watch as a pro football fan. I hope Keller fully recovers from that cowardly hit.

- This play had nothing to do with high hits. Swearinger could have lined up a simple form tackle on Keller, but he tried to take out his knee instead. This wasn't a play where Swearinger went low because it would save him from getting a penalty, it's a play of poor technique and laziness.

- I'm a Texans fan,but hit was low and questionable.

- Cheap shot, blame it on the high hit penalties, whatever you want. This is just more evidence of the poor tackling that is rampant in the NFL. On this play, Swearinger had a chance to line up a form tackle on a player making a catch that had no idea where the defender was going to hit him. Instead of actually tackling Keller, he just dove at his knee. And we're to believe that these players just went through grueling training camp, but their first instinct isn't to form tackle? This is the real plague of the NFL, the inability to properly tackle.

- A man hits Keller in the numbers on that play, A coward goes for the knees. That was a disgusting play in all aspects of professional sports. I pray that Keller recovers from this dastardly hit.

- That was a nasty hit. I loved Keller when he was with the Jets for his first 5 years, was really sad to see him go, especially to the Dolphins... Either way though, you never want to see an injury at all let alone such a gruesome one.

- this is what happens when people can't tackle and it will continue to happen. NEVER use your helmet as a weapon totally moronic move.

- Did you see the hit? Anyone would've gotten injured from that dirty hit. Swearinger clearly went for the knee.

OK, so by all accounts, even the few idiot Texan fans who defended the "form" of the "tackle", this sounds like the classic cheap shot, wimpy, pu*sy, reckless and dangerous ole dive into the defenseless player's knee area, same as what I saw basically end the careers of Jordan Shipley & Ovie Mughelli, as well as what tore ACLs on Peterson and Willis McGahee.

It's nice that the NFL wants to cut down on concussions, I can appreciate that.

But broken legs and torn ACLs are a bigger problem.
A guy broke his leg this week from an illegal horse collar tackle. That reckless "tackle" used to be legal, but they figured out that this bad form, lazy method was reckless & dangerous and they made it illegal. You see it much less now, but here we see it occur again and cost a man his whole season.

These dives into the knees of catchers, runners (like into a QB) need to be the next "tackle" outlawed. They do outlaw it to QBs. Well pass-catchers and runners should also be protected.

Tackle like a man. Head up, not diving down. Look at the target. Wrap up.

I don't care who it is, Niners receiver, RB, Patriots, Vikings, whatever, I am sick of seeing guys seasons -and sometimes careers- end from these p*ssy shots to knees.

I did more research:

Dustin Keller carted off after controversial D.J. Swearinger hit

Quote:
But ask any player in the NFL and I guarantee they'll tell you they'd prefer getting hit hard in the head to getting hit hard in the knee. It's a weird juxtaposition and it was perfectly shown in a very painful and unfortunate hit from Swearinger on Keller.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...swearinger-hit

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 08-18-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's an unfortunate injury for Dustin Keller but I don't see anything wrong with Swearing's hit. A defensive back going up against a tight end or bigger receiver has their greatest chance of bringing the guy down by going for his legs.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Anyone have any updates from San Francisco on their injuries this week?
When asked if there were any injuries, Jim Harbaugh stated he wasn't aware of any.

Kyle Williams and Quinton Patton have been cleared for contact.

Active/PUP
Mario Manningham
Michael Crabtree

Active/NFI
Marcus Lattimore
Tank Carradine
Eric Wright
Quinton Dial
Luke Marquardt

Reserve/Injured
Darius Fleming
Brandon Carswell
Alex Debniak
Old 08-18-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Hunter was cleared for practice last week I think too. So he's back.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Oh C'mon...****....
Sounds like cleaning up meniscus tear. "Minor procedure" could even mean draining fluid.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
lol.

yes, a DB should hit a ******* TE in the shoulders. that totally makes sense. maybe we should just give offensive players flags.

5'10"/210 vs. 6'2"/250. the only people who think the db should go high in that situation know absolutely nothing about football.
You're such a **** **** *****.
I played football thru college.
I coached football for 6 years afterwards.

Nobody that I have ever seen TEACHES anyone, even punk-@ss ghetto DBs, to dive head-down into anyone's knee, period end of story.

****'s like you act like a 6-foot, 4 inch body only has knees or a head for a guy to tackle! How dumb is that.

I'd love to see you go out and catch a ball like that and before you turn around, when you are defenseless, have Swearinger or Delmas target you right in the ACL.... that's football right?

He couldn't have hit him up in the thigh, the waist, the abs, the chest?
No? Because he's a p*ssy and he didn't want to risk hurting himself so he took the easy-for-him way out even if it's obvious those are dangerous.

njx9 you're the typical tough guy wannabe who probably said there's nothing wrong with the horse collar, or that QB's shouldn't be protected from guys diving into their knees.

Macho man njx!!!!
You don't fool me.

I hope Demaryious, Decker, Welker, then Manning all face Swearinger & Louis Delmas and they go knee-hunting... cuz that's the only place to tackle a guy I guess. Target their ACL.

UPDATE ON KELLER:
Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't fool me, either, njx
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Sounds like cleaning up meniscus tear. "Minor procedure" could even mean draining fluid.
Either one can be a lingering injury but definitely hoping it was just fluid buildup.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-18-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Either one can be a lingering injury but definitely hoping it was just fluid buildup.
Fluid build up is generally a symptom of something else. Most often is a meniscus tear. Other times it's a bruise or a strain (i.e. small/minor tears to ligaments).

If he's expected to be out a couple weeks, that's the standard time frame for minor meniscus tears both in size and location. Bigger meniscus tears or tears in more critical location can take up to 4-6 weeks.

If I were you, I would hope it's a meniscus tear on the outer edge. We all know that grade 1 ligament sprains/tears can take much longer than the original prognosis and if rushed back can cause a full tear that requires reconstructive surgery.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like he'll be fine but i'd probably not expect a lot of running from E.J., he seems too big to be out there exposing himself to hits. Stay in the friendly confines of the pocket.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Adam Schefter:

MRI showed Titans WR Kendall Wright has a sprained knee, not a torn ACL. Wright is expected to miss the rest of preseason.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have mixed feelings towards the Swearinger tackle.

Was it a cheap shot? Somewhat
Was it intentional? I don't believe it was

I've always thought there was an unwritten rule in the NFL against shots like this in the preseason, maybe Swearinger hasn't gotten that message yet.

In the end, the problem always comes back to what you said. NFL players are piss poor tacklers. I'd love for the NFL to realize it's a problem, and hold safety training sessions on proper tackling technique. Of course, this will never happen
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Adam Schefter:

MRI showed Titans WR Kendall Wright has a sprained knee, not a torn ACL. Wright is expected to miss the rest of preseason.
Dear Adam Schefter:

A sprain is a tear. Tear/sprain is used interchangeably by doctors. Your tweet is like saying "Tom Brady does not play for New England. Tom Brady plays for the Patriots."

If I can jump to a conclusion from what Schefter is saying, Wright has a grade 1 sprain/tear. This would mean ligaments in Wright's knee have micro-tears rather than a partial or full rupture of the ligaments.

Oldie but a goodie.