Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-02-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

K, sounds good enough for me. Thanks. EB sells used DS's for about $80, I think I may get one in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i got about half way through SoulSilver and then got bored...i go through my games in phases though so Pokemon will no doubt return with a vengeance at some point. My favorite team I ever made was an all bug team i made in Diamond.

Forretress
Heracross
Yanmega
Shedinja
Armaldo
Parasect

I realize that this team lacks Scizor but I didn't have anyone to trade with to actually get a Scizor so he wasn't included and I went with Parasect because he had some type coverage over many other options. The only Pokemon that really destroyed my team was Heatran. Sometimes I'd get lucky and OHKO him with Armaldo or Heracross on a switch in but if not, he would ravage my team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
i got about half way through SoulSilver and then got bored...i go through my games in phases though so Pokemon will no doubt return with a vengeance at some point. My favorite team I ever made was an all bug team i made in Diamond.

Forretress
Heracross
Yanmega
Shedinja
Armaldo
Parasect

I realize that this team lacks Scizor but I didn't have anyone to trade with to actually get a Scizor so he wasn't included and I went with Parasect because he had some type coverage over many other options. The only Pokemon that really destroyed my team was Heatran. Sometimes I'd get lucky and OHKO him with Armaldo or Heracross on a switch in but if not, he would ravage my team.
That team is bad ass! But I feel as though any team is incomplete without this guy with Giga Impact!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
That team is bad ass! But I feel as though any team is incomplete without this guy with Giga Impact!

Question about Slaking... His ability, truant, is that he cannot attack back to back correct? Or is it he just doesnt do anything every other turn.

Say one had a moveset for slaking:
ice punch/bulk up/protect/giga impact.

Then did: Ice Punch, Protect, Giga Impact ect.
Would he use the protect and then next turn around be able to attack again?

I've been thinking of making a lineup that includes him bc his stats are ballin, his only downside is his ability and maybe the protect/up stats route is a way around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Question about Slaking... His ability, truant, is that he cannot attack back to back correct? Or is it he just doesnt do anything every other turn.

I've been thinking of making a lineup that includes him bc his stats are ballin, his only downside is his ability and maybe the protect/up stats route is a way around it.
Uhm.. He's pretty much useless in the metagame..
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just spent $140 on a DS and pokemon Leafgreen. I hate you guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just spent $140 on a DS and pokemon Leafgreen. I hate you guys.
Nintendo DS Emulator:
http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nds/

Nintengo Game Boy Advance Emulator:
http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/

Leaf Green ROM:
http://www.coolrom.com/roms/gba/1425...Leaf_Green.php

:S

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I could use something for long road trips and breaks at work.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-02-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to make a good DS emulator so i can enjoy piracy a little more.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Yes, but not original Gameboy or Gameboy Color games.
The original DS could play original Gameboy games. Not sure about DS Lite.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
The original DS could play original Gameboy games. Not sure about DS Lite.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8081242AAodvcP

Yahoo answers states otherwise.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I was pretty sure the original DS could. I don't use it anymore, my friend does since I bought the DSi XL. I'm going to try it next time I hang out with him. Also, your question asks for Gameboy COLOR games. They required a special processor. It's been a while since I've even tried, I'm probably just remembering false memories.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 08-02-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He can only attack every other turn, correct. But Giga Impact needs a recharge anyway, and him slacking off counts as a recharge turn.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It says "Slaking is loafing around" (or something like that) every other turn. The turn is completely forfeited, so you can't use any attack even if it's a non-damaging move. It's like using Hyper Beam when the pokemon has to rest afterwards.

But, that's why Giga Impact is significant. Since the pokemon has to skip it's next turn, there's no setback to Slaking who has to take it off anyway.

I was actually a big fan of Vigaroth in the 3rd Gen. Had him on my team when I started off, and he was great. Fast with good attack, and had fun moves like Slash and Yawn which were great that early. Refused to evolve him into Slaking though. Amazing stats, but you might as well halve them because he only gets to use them 1-out-of-2 times, whereas a weaker pokemon can use it's stats 2-out-of-2 times. And if the opposing pokemon is faster, it'll get 3 attacks off before Slaking gets off it's 2nd. That 1 attack better be a 1HKO.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
It says "Slaking is loafing around" every other turn. The turn is completely forfeited, so you can't use any attack even if it's a non-damaging move. It's like using Hyper Beam when the pokemon has to rest afterwards.

But, that's why Giga Impact is significant. Since the pokemon has to skip it's next turn, there's no setback to Slaking who has to take it off anyway.

I was actually a big fan of Vigaroth in the 3rd Gen. Had him on my team when I started off, and he was great. Fast with good attack, and had fun moves like Slash and Yawn which were great that early. Refused to evolve him into Slaking though. Amazing stats, but you might as well halve them because he only gets to use them 1-out-of-2 times, whereas a weaker pokemon can use it's stats 2-out-of-2 times. And if the opposing pokemon is faster, it'll get 3 attacks off before Slaking gets off it's 2nd. That 1 attack better be a 1HKO.
I only love Slaking because he is fun. Nobody expects to fight him lol.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I only love Slaking because he is fun. Nobody expects to fight him lol.
Yeah, he's fun. I use him in Double battles sometimes.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Yeah, he's fun. I use him in Double battles sometimes.
Hell yeah. I also love Sharpedo and Houndoom. Fast and strong.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houndoom might be my favorite pokemon. He has the best Fire/Dark attacks at his disposal and his special attack is through the roof. He doesnt usually stick along too long, but he can dish out a hell of a lot of damage in a really short period of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Numel/Camerupt is a really good fire pokemon. Especially if you go with grass/ water in the 3rd gen games.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pokemon games ******* owns. I forgot how awesome these old school games were.

Is anybody playing the Pokemon Emerald version? I just got the 4th badge and now I'm stuck and dont know where the hell I'm suppose to go. Help me please :(

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post

Is anybody playing the Pokemon Emerald version? I just got the 4th badge and now I'm stuck and dont know where the hell I'm suppose to go. Help me please :(
The 5th leader is in that second town, I don't remember what it's called, but wherever your dad's gym is.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post

http://guides.ign.com/guides/692344/page_18.html

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.

Hey, yeah I love pokemon too. Have not played in awhile, but I think I will buy either SoulSilver or HeartGold. Oh an Typhlosion will be waiting for me.

Hey you guys see these new 5th Generation Pokemon!
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

The games will be called Pokemon Black and White I guess Ying Yang has something to do with it an American games will be do out next year. There is going to be 167 new Pokemon!!!
Fat_Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Actor View Post
Hey, yeah I love pokemon too. Have not played in awhile, but I think I will buy either SoulSilver or HeartGold. Oh an Typhlosion will be waiting for me.

Hey you guys see these new 5th Generation Pokemon!
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

The games will be called Pokemon Black and White I guess Ying Yang has something to do with it an American games will be do out next year. There is going to be 167 new Pokemon!!!
I don't know if I can handle more Pokemon haha. But I am gonna buy the game anyway!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Only thing that sucks about pokemon games is the price. These things dont depreciate in value, because they dont make the GBA ones anymore. They're all $25+ used. Leafgreen was $29.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS