Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-04-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
How can I catch Abra? He just teleports. I tried putting him to sleep first, but he moves before my Oddish does.
You just gotta be faster than him. I used a Butterfree that was about 5 levels higher, put him to sleep, and then caught him with the first poke ball I threw. It's how I caught my Growlithe too.

I honestly don't know how I'd get through the early part of the game without Butterfree. He quickly gets weak after about level 20 or so, I replace him after that, but he's pretty fast and putting things to sleep, paralyzing them, or poisoning them is a great way to even up the odds in early tough battles. Plus it only takes like 15 minutes power leveling your Caterpie/Metapod to get Butterfree.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ended up just throwing pokeballs at Abra, eventually one will be caught

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
That's my strategy in the Safari Zone, lol. Although I was more careful for my Scyther....got a real badass one with a good Nature for him: Adamant. Boosts his Attack while decreasing his Sp. Attack which is perfect for him I think. His Wing Attack and Slash are pwning **** right now.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You just gotta be faster than him. I used a Butterfree that was about 5 levels higher, put him to sleep, and then caught him with the first poke ball I threw. It's how I caught my Growlithe too.

I honestly don't know how I'd get through the early part of the game without Butterfree. He quickly gets weak after about level 20 or so, I replace him after that, but he's pretty fast and putting things to sleep, paralyzing them, or poisoning them is a great way to even up the odds in early tough battles. Plus it only takes like 15 minutes power leveling your Caterpie/Metapod to get Butterfree.
I rarely, if ever, use Butterfree. I like to use Rattata. He has a high attack, and once he learns Hyper Fang, **** starts dying fast.

Quote:
Yup, that is what I do, too.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I rarely, if ever, use Butterfree. I like to use Rattata. He has a high attack, and once he learns Hyper Fang, **** starts dying fast.
Like I said, Butterfree's status affecting attacks are what I like about it. Paralyze Misty's Starmie and it really takes the edge off that battle. Plus, sleep makes it easier to catch tricky things like Abra who teleports and Growlithe who roars to escape.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like I said, Butterfree's status affecting attacks are what I like about it. Paralyze Misty's Starmie and it really takes the edge off that battle. Plus, sleep makes it easier to catch tricky things like Abra who teleports and Growlithe who roars to escape.
Misty's Starmie takes two Hyper Fangs and it's dead! I don't use Abra much either because I don't have a partner to trade with to evolve it, at least not on the GBA. Growlithe is a pain to catch sometimes, though. I love Mr. Mime!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Misty's Starmie takes two Hyper Fangs and it's dead! I don't use Abra much either because I don't have a partner to trade with to evolve it, at least not on the GBA. Growlithe is a pain to catch sometimes, though. I love Mr. Mime!
Kadabra is really destroying things for me right now. Psybeam 1 hit KOed Surge's Raichu, and he's now learned Psycic for even more destructiveness. Plus his Hasty nature has made him fast as hell.....I'm good with him even unevolved.

I do know that some of my coworkers have DS's, so I'm thinking I might try and borrow one, plug in my copy of Sapphire and evolve him for the fun of it. I also think I might breed some good youngsters and trade them to Sapphire after I start it over.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Kadabra is really destroying things for me right now. Psybeam 1 hit KOed Surge's Raichu, and he's now learned Psycic for even more destructiveness. Plus his Hasty nature has made him fast as hell.....I'm good with him even unevolved.

I do know that some of my coworkers have DS's, so I'm thinking I might try and borrow one, plug in my copy of Sapphire and evolve him for the fun of it. I also think I might breed some good youngsters and trade them to Sapphire after I start it over.
How are you gonna trade with one DS?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
How are you gonna trade with one DS?
I have one, and I'm going to borrow someone's from work. You can trade over GBA games using 2 DS's right?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
I have one, and I'm going to borrow someone's from work. You can trade over GBA games using 2 DS's right?
I'm not sure, never tried it. I just migrate all my guys up.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure, never tried it. I just migrate all my guys up.
I don't think you can trade, its all migrating like you said.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Explain this migrating that you speak of?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Explain this migrating that you speak of?
You place pokemon into a box in the GB game, and then on the screen on your DS where it says "continue" ect, go down to migrate from said GB game. You then go to fuchia city to wherethe old safari zone was and then you have to catch them (100%) in the old safari zone.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You place pokemon into a box in the GB game, and then on the screen on your DS where it says "continue" ect, go down to migrate from said GB game. You then go to fuchia city to wherethe old safari zone was and then you have to catch them (100%) in the old safari zone.
Is that in one of the DS generation games? Because I only have FireRed and Saphire atm.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Is that in one of the DS generation games? Because I only have FireRed and Saphire atm.
Yeah its to move guys from lg/rr/s/r/e to DS games

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well sapphire is gba so should be all set to trade

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No one uses those worthless moves. I hope not at least.
When you're just playing through the game they're mostly useless but they can be the difference in a tough gym battle or a battle with other people. Good luck beating Red in HG/SS without them unless your Pokemon have ridiculously high levels or are all legendaries.

Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Iron Defense, Nasty Plot, etc. are all key for sweeping gym leaders or tanking one Pokemon. Double Team can make you unhittable.

Taunt and Torment are pretty clutch too in certain situations. Stealth Rock is beast against Charizard, etc.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
When you're just playing through the game they're mostly useless but they can be the difference in a tough gym battle or a battle with other people. Good luck beating Red in HG/SS without them unless your Pokemon have ridiculously high levels or are all legendaries.

Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Iron Defense, Nasty Plot, etc. are all key for sweeping gym leaders or tanking one Pokemon. Double Team can make you unhittable.

Taunt and Torment are pretty clutch too in certain situations. Stealth Rock is beast against Charizard, etc.
When combined with Double Team/Minimize, all of those moves are awesome, but unless I have that, I typically avoid them. They can help a lot vs. very strong trainers, but it is easy to beat the game without them and it often isn't worth having them as opposed to other moves.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When combined with Double Team/Minimize, all of those moves are awesome, but unless I have that, I typically avoid them. They can help a lot vs. very strong trainers, but it is easy to beat the game without them and it often isn't worth having them as opposed to other moves.
It depends what game/Pokemon. In the newer games you can get Pokemon with awesome movesets featuring 4 different types of attacks but that's not always an option. A fighting/steel type with Bulk Up or Iron Defense or a psychic type with Calm Mind/Nasty Plot is dangerous.

i.e. Gyarados will have 4 attacks (Waterfall/Aqua Tail, Crunch, 2 other phys. attacks) but Alakazam is better off with some status moves.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
It depends what game/Pokemon. In the newer games you can get Pokemon with awesome movesets featuring 4 different types of attacks but that's not always an option. A fighting/steel type with Bulk Up or Iron Defense or a psychic type with Calm Mind/Nasty Plot is dangerous.

i.e. Gyarados will have 4 attacks (Waterfall/Aqua Tail, Crunch, 2 other phys. attacks) but Alakazam is better off with some status moves.
That is true. It all depends on the Pokemon. I have Calm Mind and Recover on my Alakazam, and on my Gardevoir I have Calm Mind and Double Team, but on most guys I don't keep those moves.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I caught Moltres last night in FireRed. I mean hes completely irrelevant since I have Arcanine and Aerodactyl, but it was cool regardless. BTW, dont evolve Growlithe until level 49. If you do, he gets Flamethrower and extremespeed all at once.

Furthermore, I just evolved my Dragonair into Dragonite. Hes got a HASTY nature and he just demolishes anything that gets in his way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I caught Moltres last night in FireRed. I mean hes completely irrelevant since I have Arcanine and Aerodactyl, but it was cool regardless. BTW, dont evolve Growlithe until level 49. If you do, he gets Flamethrower and extremespeed all at once.

Furthermore, I just evolved my Dragonair into Dragonite. Hes got a HASTY nature and he just demolishes anything that gets in his way.
Dragonite is my favorite Pokemon. They take forever to raise, but they are soooo good.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are practically unstoppable if raised properly. You can even teach it Thunder to level Ice pokemon, since almost all of the good ones come with Water anyways (except Articuno, who is Flying anyways). To be honest, Im a huge fan of Tyranitar from the second generation who was their equivalent of Dragonite. I mean I never had much use for him since Houndoom always took up the Dark slot on my team, but still. Tyranitar and Dragonite are both beasts.

EDIT: Since we are on the topic of favorite pokemon...I think that Gengar is probably my all time favorite from the original 151, and maybe even the second generation. He's always been my go-to guy and I would give a well trained Gengar a fighting chance against any pokemon.

I vote all the consistent members of this thread claim a pokemon as their own and get a sig that represents that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 08-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I wish Dragonite looked cooler and not like a Barney reject....He's the most powerful non-legendary in the game yet I believe and he looks like a guy in a cheap kid's show dragon costume. Would it have killed em to give him some fangs and claws? He should be Charizard on steroids.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wish Dragonite looked cooler and not like a Barney reject....He's the most powerful non-legendary in the game yet I believe and he looks like a guy in a cheap kid's show dragon costume. Would it have killed em to give him some fangs and claws? He should be Charizard on steroids.
1000% agreed. Dragonite is a badass who doesn't look like one.

and +1 on the Tyranitar discussion

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote