Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Safari Zone tip: Don't actually walk. Just stand in one spot in the grass and have press the buttons very softly so your character will just rotate. If you're careful, you can catch everything in that particular area of the Safari Zone in one trip since you're not using steps and **** still attacks you.
That could work when/if I come back. I went in just to get the dude's teeth and surf, and by chance a Clefairy came about and I was all excited. I throw one god damn rock and ***** high tails it out. I'm not going back any time soon.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For weaker stuff in the Safari Zone, I'll just throw a ball....catches the more common stuff fairly well actually.

For the harder stuff, I always lead with some bait then a rock. If it's still there after that, I think there's a pretty good chance of catching it. It's how I got my uber Scyther in FireRed.

I remember going on a field trip in like 5th or 6th grade and a friend of mine spend the entire trip trying to catch a Chansey in the Safari Zone...took him like 3 hours but he did it, lol
Old 08-15-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Few more new pokemon. That one resembles Mighty Mouse.
Fat_Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've pretty much decided that my SS team will be this:

Feraligatr
Arcanine
Raikou
Scizor
Gliscor
Lugia

I've raised tons of Tauros in past games, and my Breloom isn't really built for in-game play. I may switch Lugia later since it's an Uber, but for now it's my ace in the hole.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Scizor once. He can be a dominant force. What are your levels there?

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Actor View Post
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Few more new pokemon. That one resembles Mighty Mouse.
The 2 legendary pokemon look pretty sweet. Other than that, not so much...

Really?
Old 08-15-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I've pretty much decided that my SS team will be this:

Feraligatr
Arcanine
Raikou
Scizor
Gliscor
Lugia

I've raised tons of Tauros in past games, and my Breloom isn't really built for in-game play. I may switch Lugia later since it's an Uber, but for now it's my ace in the hole.
Only question is how early can you get a Gligar?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The eagle looks flippin' sweet.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
The eagle looks flippin' sweet.
I thought that too.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always thought he was Asian with the slit eyes and all...
He's blackanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
I had Scizor once. He can be a dominant force. What are your levels there?
Feraligatr - Lvl. 49
Arcanine - Lvl. 50
Raikou - Lvl. 49
Scizor - Lvl. 41 (Diamond)
Gliscor - Lvl. 44 (Diamond)
Lugia - Lvl. 47

BN: Tauros - Lvl. 48
BN: Scyther - Lvl. 43

Just beat my 3rd Gym in Kanto. Using Tauros and Scyther in my party until I can transfer Scizor and Gliscor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Only question is how early can you get a Gligar?
Already have the Gliscor on my Diamond. Gonna trade it to SS soon. Same case with Scizor.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A fire pig starter could either be really sweet or really lame
Old 08-15-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the legendaries look badass

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see alot of people here use movesets that have more than one move of the same type. That just wastes a moveslot imo, and for that reason I never use moves like Hydro Pump or Fire Blast, because I'd rather have a 95/100 move than a 120/75 move

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
I see alot of people here use movesets that have more than one move of the same type. That just wastes a moveslot imo, and for that reason I never use moves like Hydro Pump or Fire Blast, because I'd rather have a 95/100 move than a 120/75 move
Most of the time, I like to have two moves of the main type the Pokemon is. One a little weaker with more PP and one a little stronger.

Depends a lot on the Pokemon and the situation though.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I'm in the two moves camp. also I like to keep a high PP low power move as long as possible so I can finish pokemon off without wasting valuable other moves. this becomes hard to do really late since all your pokemon can learn really badass moves, but I try.

that reminds me, my staff in detail:

Charizard - Level 53

Flamethrower | Fire Blast | Fly | Dragon Claw

Raichu - Level 53

Thunder | Thunderbolt | Quick Attack | Strength

Lapras - Level 53

Surf | Ice Beam | Body Slam | Water Pulse

Kadabra - Level 53

Psychic | Psybeam | Confusion | Teleport

Nidoking - Level 52

Earthquake | Megahorn | Horn Attack | Double Kick

Articuno - Level 52

Blizzard | Ice Beam | Aerial Ace | Agility

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:

Last edited by The Unseen : 08-15-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Why does your Kadabra not know Recover!?!?
Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished with Koga, and I have this team so far:

Gyarados level 39
Charizard level 41
Snorlax level 38
Electrode level 38
Slot saved for Jynx
Not sure who is gonna go here

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why does your Kadabra not know Recover!?!?
And why does it still know teleport?
Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

because recover is a worthless move when you have 100000+ "dollars" and you can use a hyper/max potion or full restore. teleport is equally worthless, but it was potayto-potahto. and who knows if i was stuck somewhere and would be like "ah **** it back to the healing station?"

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 08-15-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Meh, I had 99 potions, super potions, revives and full heals when I got to the E4 and I still had it. I'm a pretty conservative game though....
Old 08-15-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

just think about it though. it recovers half HP. Kadabra's got a weak-ass HP and defense anyways. so if you feel like you need to use Recover, you either 1) should use a full-health potion or 2) you're gonna lose anyways.

besides I was thinking about replacing teleport with a TM but forgot to do so

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 08-15-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just beat Lorelei with a very under-leveled team. My whole team with the exception of Charizard is in the mid-40s.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason why I think only having one move per type per moveset is good is becuase of the moveset I'm working on with my SoulSilver team

Heracross

Close Combat (Fighting)
Aerial Ace (Flying)
Megahorn (Bug)
Earthquake (Ground)

Arcanine
Flamethrower (Fire)
Solarbeam (Grass)
Sunny Day (Fire, but purely used for Solarbeam)
Dragon Pulse (Dragon)

Feraligatr
Waterfall (Water)
Ice Punch (Ice)
Earthquake (Ground)
Swords Dance (Normal)

Rhydon
Earthquake (Ground)
Stone Edge (Rock)
Megahorn (Bug)
Hammer Arm (Fighting)

Togekiss
Extrasensory (Psychic)
Air Slash (Flying)
Thunder Wave (Electric)
Roost (Flying, healing move)

Electivire
Psychic (Psychic)
Iron Tail (Steel)
Strength (Normal)
Thunderbolt (Electric)

IMO, that team can beat any other team with a little bit of luck

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a serious lack of Gengar on your team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote