Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-22-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just took down the final Elite Four in FireRed. My team:

- Lvl. 69 Blastoise
- Lvl. 60 Exeggutor
- Lvl. 58 Rhydon
- Lvl. 64 Flareon
- Lvl. 62 Cloyster
- Lvl. 61 Raichu

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How awful is Pikachu? I told myself I was gunna use a different electric then Jolteon for this round of FireRed, and I caught a Pikachu in Viridian but the little bastard is perpetually getting his ass kicked. My Gengar, Charmeleon, and Starmie (just evolved) all rape, but Pikachu is a worthless little bastard. I really need to start training 2 more solid guys for the E4. Any Suggestions on type? Im looking to try and use some new guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
How awful is Pikachu? I told myself I was gunna use a different electric then Jolteon for this round of FireRed, and I caught a Pikachu in Viridian but the little bastard is perpetually getting his ass kicked. My Gengar, Charmeleon, and Starmie (just evolved) all rape, but Pikachu is a worthless little bastard. I really need to start training 2 more solid guys for the E4. Any Suggestions on type? Im looking to try and use some new guys.
Pikachu isn't bad, he just can't effectively use physical attacks and gets raped by them. You should only be using him as a one hit KO to water and flying types

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Pikachu isn't bad, he just can't effectively use physical attacks and gets raped by them. You should only be using him as a one hit KO to water and flying types
That means he's bad.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think I may swap him out for Electabuzz once I get Surf.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just beat the 2nd Gym in SoulSilver

Quilava lvl 17
Bellsprout lvl 16
Flaafy lvl 15
Geodude lvl 17
Rattatta lvl 3(Rock Smash)
Egg

edit: any point in training Togepi?

Last edited by fenikz : 08-22-2010 at 07:01 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Quilava lvl 17
Bellsprout lvl 16
Flaafy lvl 15
Geodude lvl 17
Egg

His final evolution, Togekiss, is one of the best flying pokemon. You want to make sure he has the ability Serene Grace though. Serene Grace doubles the chance of secondary effects. With Air Slash, that is a 60% chance of causing the enemy to flinch. Teach it Thunder Wave also to paralyze so you will attack first. It can also be a good support pokemon with nasty plot and baton pass. Togekiss can learn roost for self-healing, or wish which can heal other pokemon in your party.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could never, no matter how hard I tried or how many ******* haircuts I gave it, evolve Togepi into Togetic. I got an Umbreon fine, and some other Pokemon who need to like you to evolve, but never Togetic.....
Old 08-22-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Quilava lvl 17
Bellsprout lvl 16
Flaafy lvl 15
Geodude lvl 17
Egg

Where do you get Rock Smash? I have five badges and still don't have it.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

north(up) of the unknown things

Old 08-22-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I think I may swap him out for Electabuzz once I get Surf.
Raichu dwarfs Electabuzz in speed and special

Sig by Me
Old 08-22-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Raichu was the **** in my firered, 1 hits so many people

Old 08-22-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's right. Thunder/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave and Quick Attack is a move-set I've used. Trained a Pikachu from lvl. 3 into my lvl. 61 Raichu. Can be a very legitimate part of a rotation.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I rolled with a Raichu too. Pikachu was annoying but Raichu is legit as ****.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've rolled with Pikachu/Raichu in every playthrough where he was available. He's great once you turn him into Raichu, but it takes some training to avoid having him be completely useless when not against water or flying. Raichu is pimp though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

what i did was just have him go 1 v all against misty, generally speaking he would kill staryu and starmie would kill him

Old 08-23-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Starmie is such an awesome Pokemon. Mine is level 35 right now, and it just mauls everything in sight. You can even use him against most Grass Pokemon, since almost all them have a secondary poison type and he just rapes with Psychic.
Quote:
Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Starmie is such an awesome Pokemon. Mine is level 35 right now, and it just mauls everything in sight. You can even use him against most Grass Pokemon, since almost all them have a secondary poison type and he just rapes with Psychic.
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

Unstoppable

Sig by Me
Old 08-23-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

Unstoppable
Substitute Ice Beam with Surf, and you have got it right. Although oftentimes I wont use Recover, since its kind of an arbitrary move with the amount of money you make throughout the game you can buy unlimited full restores.
Quote:
Old 08-23-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Good team overall...I don't really like Earthquake on Heracross because it doesn't really do much for him in terms of coverage as Fighting is already super effective against Rock and Steel and I'd rather have Stone Edge as it covers the types of the two most likely Heracross counters, Fire and Flying.

I've never really seen anyone go Special with Arcanine but he certainly has the stats to do it. I've always rocked the Attack Arcanine with Flare Blitz/Extremespeed/Crunch/Thunder Fang. Love the movesets you have on all the others.
Earthquake on Heracross is something I'm seriously considering switching, and Stone Edge seems like a good choice, thanks for that.

As for Arcanine, he's got a nature that raised his Attack stat, but I will never use a move like Flare Blitz, Flamethrower or Overheat are the two most powerful fire moves I'll use. His special still kicks ass, and seeing as I am a fan of the Sunny Day/Solarbeam combo, I like the way the moveset is going to turn out.

Anybody got any ideas for a good Togekiss moveset? I've got Wish and Thunder Wave and Extrasensory, but I'm stumped as to what the last move should be.

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Substitute Ice Beam with Surf, and you have got it right. Although oftentimes I wont use Recover, since its kind of an arbitrary move with the amount of money you make throughout the game you can buy unlimited full restores.
Substituting Surf for Ice beam only works if you have another powerful Pokemon who can lean Ice Beam in your party. Having a pokemon like Starmie learn Ice Beam is a better option IMO because there are a ton of pokemon capable of using Surf effectively, but, only Jynx, Lapras, Starmie, Vaporeon and Slowbro/Slowking are capable of using Ice Beam (probably the most important in game move) effectively

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:26 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
As for Arcanine, he's got a nature that raised his Attack stat, but I will never use a move like Flare Blitz, Flamethrower or Overheat are the two most powerful fire moves I'll use. His special still kicks ass, and seeing as I am a fan of the Sunny Day/Solarbeam combo, I like the way the moveset is going to turn out.
Dunno what you're missin' with Flare Blitz man! It's raping for me.

I think I'll end up with Flare Blitz/Solar Beam/Sunny Day/Morning Sun for my final Arcanine. No Extreme Speed will be weird though and I may have to run a neutral nature on it, but I'm excited about it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
Substituting Surf for Ice beam only works if you have another powerful Pokemon who can lean Ice Beam in your party. Having a pokemon like Starmie learn Ice Beam is a better option IMO because there are a ton of pokemon capable of using Surf effectively, but, only Jynx, Lapras, Starmie, Vaporeon and Slowbro/Slowking are capable of using Ice Beam (probably the most important in game move) effectively
100% agree with this. Bolt/Beam on Starmie is a must as it destroys all of its counters. Personally, I'd rather go with the Water STAB (Hydro Pump or Surf) than the Psychic as Water can STAB hit any of the many powerful Steel type Pokemon out there and Psychic doesn't really provide the coverage that Water does as the only things water is not very effective against (Grass, Dragon, and Water), you already have counters for with Bolt/Beam.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 08-23-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I just dont want to carry a Psychic Pokemon in my party, since Ive already got Gengar for most of the things Psychic normally does. Starmie gets a STAB bonus with Psychic and Surf, which I also like to put on him because I certainly dont want to carry another Water Pokemon around. Right now, my party is Gengar, Starmie, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Snorlax and Oddish, who is an HM slave. I am thinking of replacing Snorlax and Oddish, but I dont know who to replace them with. And I really dont want to raise Pikachu 15 more levels before he learns Thunder, the little **** keeps dying.
Quote:
Old 08-23-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yanappu_(Pokémon)

New Pokemon Alert! Looks like a monkey with broccoli on its head.

There has been a ape/monkey in each of the 5 Gens

Gen 1 - Mankey/Primeape
Gen 2 - Aipom
Gen 3 - Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Gen 4 -The Fire Starters/Ambipom
Gen 5 - Yanappu
Fat_Actor is offline   Reply With Quote