Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-23-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Actor View Post
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yanappu_(Pokémon)

New Pokemon Alert! Looks like a monkey with broccoli on its head.

There has been a ape/monkey in each of the 5 Gens

Gen 1 - Mankey/Primeape
Gen 2 - Aipom
Gen 3 - Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Gen 4 -The Fire Starters/Ambipom
Gen 5 - Yanappu
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking are sloths, not monkeys.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
Anybody got any ideas for a good Togekiss moveset? I've got Wish and Thunder Wave and Extrasensory, but I'm stumped as to what the last move should be.
Air Slash for STAB and 60% flinch if your Togekiss has Serene Grace.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just beat Clair. That Kingdra is ******* tough. Only weak to dragon moves, and the only dragon move I have is Dragon Rage, which inflicts 40 damage no matter what. Every other weakness is balanced by its types. The electric weakness is balanced by the dragon type, the ice weakness is balanced by the water type. Managed to beat it with Gyarados and a lot of hyper potions. Nidoking missed the blizzard against the last Dragonair, so he was KO'ed, and Gyarados finished the fight with 9 HP as my only surviving Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I had a way to trade if I played Gold or Silver because I would looooovvveeee to have a Kingdra. I love Dragon pokemon and the fact that it has no natural weaknesses aside form Dragon is so badass.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Ho-oh. 11 ultra balls, no dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I wish I had a way to trade if I played Gold or Silver because I would looooovvveeee to have a Kingdra. I love Dragon pokemon and the fact that it has no natural weaknesses aside form Dragon is so badass.
Dragons are also weak to ice.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Dragons are also weak to ice.
I believe Kingdra's water balances that out.

I can't remember how I beat Claire's, but it wasn't that difficult iirc.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking are sloths, not monkeys.
Vigoroth is listed as the Wild Monkey pokemon, so I think he can at least count. And even though sloths aren't part of the primate species, Slaking takes on more ape characteristics than he does sloth ones. *thumbs up*

Also, on the subject of Kingdra... I ******* hate it and hope the bastard dies in a fire.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I believe Kingdra's water balances that out.

I can't remember how I beat Claire's, but it wasn't that difficult iirc.
Yeah it does, but I was referring just to the comment of Dragon types only have a weakness to Dragons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Vigoroth is listed as the Wild Monkey pokemon, so I think he can at least count. And even though sloths aren't part of the primate species, Slaking takes on more ape characteristics than he does sloth ones. *thumbs up*.
Oh, I didn't know he was listed as that. I think it's pretty obvious though, he has claws not fingers. I mean remove the "ak" from Slakoth and you get sloth. That's odd that they listed them as monkeys and such.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 08-23-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it does, but I was referring just to the comment of Dragon types only have a weakness to Dragons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I love Dragon pokemon and the fact that it has no natural weaknesses aside form Dragon is so badass.
it referring to Kingdra

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 08-23-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
100% agree with this. Bolt/Beam on Starmie is a must as it destroys all of its counters. Personally, I'd rather go with the Water STAB (Hydro Pump or Surf) than the Psychic as Water can STAB hit any of the many powerful Steel type Pokemon out there and Psychic doesn't really provide the coverage that Water does as the only things water is not very effective against (Grass, Dragon, and Water), you already have counters for with Bolt/Beam.
I would just go Surf/Thunderbolt/Psychic/Ice Beam and leave Recover out

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
it referring to Kingdra
Oh, I thought you meant the dragon type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
I would just go Surf/Thunderbolt/Psychic/Ice Beam and leave Recover out
Yeah, Recover is really only good if you plan on battling another person.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 08-23-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever do Shoddy Battle on Smogon? I just re-downloaded it and I totally forgot how much fun it is. Right now I'm rocking an all-Bug team with the following:

Lead: Yanmega - Air Slash/Bug Buzz/Protect/Hypnosis - With speed boost, amazing lead with Protect and Hypnosis and can sweep pretty well with Air Slash and Bug Buzz as it has coverage over most counters. Holds Focus Sash because of fragility
Scizor - Bullet Punch/Superpower/Swords Dance/X-Scissor - Great Physical Sweeper. Bullet Punch and X-Scissor for great STABs, Swords Dance for a little extra punch and Superpower for many common counters. Holding Life Orb to boost attack power more.
Heracross - Stone Edge/Megahorn/Pursuit/Close Combat. Pure physical sweeper. Has Choice Scarf to allow it to outrun most things.
Armaldo - Earthquake/Stone Edge/X-Scissor/Swords Dance. Main use is to counter and Flying and fire types that threaten the rest of the team because with its high attack/HP/Defense stats and Earthquake/STAB Stone Edge, can OHKO most of them while absorbing a hit or two. Leftovers.
Forretress - Spikes/Explosion/Gyro Ball/Rapid Spin. Wall/Spinner/Spikes. Shed Shell, solely to get away from Magnezone who is really the only major counter I'm worried about.
Shedinja - Shadow Sneak/Swords Dance/Will-O-Wisp/X-Scissor. Ace in the hole. Can't tell you how many times I've saved Shedinja for last and won due the other team having nothing left to hit it. Lum Berry in case of Poison/Burn.

Unfortunately, Heatran sweeps my entire team for the most part unless it comes out early and I get a chance to beat down on it with a couple different guys. Hippopowden is another guy that usually takes me forever to defeat and his sandstorm kills shedinja so thats definitely another major weakness to my team. Either way, its super fun and ya'll should check it out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I just dont want to carry a Psychic Pokemon in my party, since Ive already got Gengar for most of the things Psychic normally does. Starmie gets a STAB bonus with Psychic and Surf, which I also like to put on him because I certainly dont want to carry another Water Pokemon around. Right now, my party is Gengar, Starmie, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Snorlax and Oddish, who is an HM slave. I am thinking of replacing Snorlax and Oddish, but I dont know who to replace them with. And I really dont want to raise Pikachu 15 more levels before he learns Thunder, the little **** keeps dying.
Snorlax grows slowly but he's an absolute beast. Few pokemon use Earthquake and Rock Slide better and he's impossible to one hit KO

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is this Shoddy Battle and Smogon you speak of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know what it was either, but I just googled it and it is heaven. Greatest thing ever.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
What is this Shoddy Battle and Smogon you speak of?
www.smogon.com

It's a great site. It has Pokemon divided into tiers, and suggests move lists for them.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:13 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeafGreen, going into the battle against Misty:

Lvl. 25 Charmeleon
Lvl. 20 Gyarados
Lvl. 19 Nidorino
Lvl. 18 Bellsprout
Lvl. 18 Pikachu

I'm diggin my team so far and I think I might try to run at the Elite Four with these five and a psychic (like Slowbro) somewhere along the line.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Last edited by ThePudge : 08-25-2010 at 03:17 AM.
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I have so far in Fire Red is an Ivysaur. But I'm thinking of adding a Gengar to my team at some stage, as well as a Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan. Any other recommendations?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
All I have so far in Fire Red is an Ivysaur. But I'm thinking of adding a Gengar to my team at some stage, as well as a Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan. Any other recommendations?
growlithe growlithe growlithe growlithe.

and jolteon. the 2 of them just dominate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking of rocking a Poliwrath. They are wicked.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a joking matter. After using Snorlax for a little while, Im never getting rid of him again. I taught him Toxic, and now hes the ultimate long battle candidate. I cant wait to use him on someone like Dragonite in the E4. Toxic/Rest with his high HP is such a sick combo. Right now, I just beat the Silph Company tower and my team is

Gengar (40)
Starmie (43)
Charizard (40)
Snorlax (41)
Pikachu (32)
Oddish (14) HES A SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE (for you)
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

that's a pretty sexy team

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 08-25-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Starmie just rapes anything and everything that gets put in the way. Seriously, BEAST. Im thinking about replacing Pikachu with an Electabuzz as well, just because Ive never used Electabuzz and my god damned Pikachu keeps dying, even against water and bird types. No defense whatsoever.
Quote: