Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember reading somewhere that Sleep/Frozen are much more effective then paralysis/burn/poison when trying to catch a Pokemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
anyone know if there is a better chance if they are asleep or anything? cus that always seemed to work for me, I've caught every legendary I've faced in 2 games with Ultra Balls
I think APS is right. I think it goes Frozen > Sleep > Paralyze > Burn/Poison.

Personally, I usually Paralyze pokemon I'm trying to catch. I think Dusk Balls are the most effective most of the time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Which version is most everyone playing?
I have Soul Silver, Diamond, Emerald, and LeafGreen versions. I've beaten Diamond and Emerald, in the middle on Kanto on SS, and in the Sevii Islands on LG.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Sleep/Frozen are much more effective then paralysis/burn/poison when trying to catch a Pokemon.
Burn and poison are no good, that'll kill it. Frozen is the best, but also the hardest to get. Paralyzed and sleep both work quite well though.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paralyze has always been my status of choice when catching. It's permanent unless they use rest or something, and won't kill them if they get real low in health like burn or poison would.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah the only way i caught articuno was catching a venomoth and using stun spore on it

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.

It sure taking the mail an offal lot of time to get my damn cards to me.

All of the 5th gen pokemon will be released next week when the games come out in Japan. In be cool if there was a grass/fire or a fire/water type pokemon like how chinchou and lanturn are with electricity/water. They need to make more pokemon like that.
Fat_Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to see the 5th gen guys. I'm not really liking any of the starters but there are a bunch of others that have been released that look really cool. I'm hoping that the ones that I think look cool coincide with the ones that are legitimately playable though because there have been many occurrences where I thought a pokemon looked awesome and then it turns out they were mostly unplayable (Tropius, Lumineon, Farfetch'd, Torkoal, and Aipom come to mind immediately although Aipom got an evolution that made it usable and Torkoal was a semi-useful physical wall/surprise counter once upon a time).

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm impressed.

CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cosplay <<<

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Well, maybe cosplay ain't that bad. I'm waiting on a really hot Team Rocket♀ grunt. None of that Jesse ****. Get the miniskirt, tight shirt, and Dr. House hat and it's game. The girl can't be flat chested though. Flat chests are fantasy killers, gentlemen.

Anyway, I'm excited to see the final evo's of the new starters. I'm hoping the fire-pig one looks like Pumbaa and the water-otter looks like Timon. And then you can pick the Pumbaa one and pit the two against each other throughout the game, ruining their friendship forever.

LIVES WILL BE CHANGED!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone explain to me what is so cool about Heracross?

I'm playing Crystal.

Also: Ursaring is the truth.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smogon
Opinion

Heracross is an awesome Pokémon. His durability is probably what makes this thing so effective—It can withstand quite a few attacks with just enough HP so it can keep playing the Rest + Sleep Talk game. Also, the fact that it resists the ever-powerful Ground-type attacks gives it ample opportunities to switch in. Its main problem is the fact that some very, very common things shut it down almost completely. However, if you can get that one thing out of the way, Heracross can be brutal when you least expect it.
He's just got great stats, great typing, and a moveset to compliment that. If you want a Physical Sweeper, then you can't go wrong with Heracross.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.

I am training my Legendary Dogs so I can put them in the battle frontier. I got Raikou and Suicune to Lv.50 No problem, but is having a hard time for a suitable area for Entei. Where would be a good place in Kanto or Johto to train a Fire pokemon?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Actor View Post
I am training my Legendary Dogs so I can put them in the battle frontier. I got Raikou and Suicune to Lv.50 No problem, but is having a hard time for a suitable area for Entei. Where would be a good place in Kanto or Johto to train a Fire pokemon?
The Ice Path?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Can someone explain to me what is so cool about Heracross?

I'm playing Crystal.

Also: Ursaring is the truth.
I just used an Ursaring that I raised from hatching up to around level 40 before taking on the E4. Rest, Sleep Talk, Slash and Strength made him just crush things. I don't know if I would have beaten Red's Snorlax without him.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so soulsilver was way too easy and kind of boring

should i go emerald or platinum next?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About ten to fifteen new pokemon were shown today. One is tauros with an afro. Interesting....
Old 09-11-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
About ten to fifteen new pokemon were shown today. One is tauros with an afro. Interesting....
WHAT?! PICS OR GTFO VOODOO! A TAUROS EVO?! MAYBE?! POSSIBLy?!

I JUST CAME BUCKETZ!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
WHAT?! PICS OR GTFO VOODOO! A TAUROS EVO?! MAYBE?! POSSIBLy?!

I JUST CAME BUCKETZ!!!
It'll probably be insanely hard to get like so many new evolutions of old pokemon it seems. Like, he needs to be traded at level 50 or higher while he knows Ancient Power and Growl while holding the King's Rock and he needs to be traded for a Caterpie. And he can only come to learn Ancient Power and Growl by being bred with 6 different other pokemon.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Looks like it stands on its own.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I still love him!

Tauros and Shaggy Bevfro TO THE MAX!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I like the seasonal stag.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Using legendaries in your party is dirty. Do work the hard way guys.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Using Ubers in your party is dirty. Do work the hard way guys.
FYP.

Just because because a pokemon is Legendary doesn't make it good. That's why they're broken up into the categories of Never Used, Under Used, Borderline, Over Used, and Ubers. Using a Salamence or Garchomp (Ubers) is just as cheaper than using a Zapdos or Suicune (OU's), for example.

I've always been a proponent of the, "If you like a pokemon, use it and let it's ranking or popularity be damnd," side of all that.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

More newbies. Looks like Tauros and Miltank might have an evolution and the trio for this gen will be monkeys.