Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It would be a little cool I think if they made an epically huge Pokemon game for a console....like, it kept the same style and graphics and things, but maybe it incorporated each of the continents into the game, and you could choose where to start and get a starter from there and basically play through each game all in one......
That would be cool. But unlikely. Pokemon game designers are *****.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, I wouldn't say that. They certainly have a formula. They've tried to do the entire console game thing before. Granted, they haven't done it the right way, but they have tried it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would also love to see a full-scale Pokemon game to come out on the Wii but the fact is, the current formula works and is making them TONS of money so until it stops, I don't foresee them changing it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would buy a wii solely for that game if it were to ever come out.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
i would also love to see a full-scale Pokemon game to come out on the Wii but the fact is, the current formula works and is making them TONS of money so until it stops, I don't foresee them changing it.
Imagine how much MORE money this would make.

It could be like a, Pokemon Final Fantasy. Off the scale epicness.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously if Pokemon came out for the Wii then all my potential video gaming time wasted on having such a ****** system in terms of gaming opportunities will have been completely justified.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should start a web movement or something.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
PrimetimeTheDon
Rookie

PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.

So this topic inspired me to play my Pokemon Blue again. The first time I played the game was in 10th grade and at the time I was too old to be playing it. Now I'm 23 and I honestly do not give a flying **** who knows that I am playing a pokemon game on my gameboy.

Anyway, I've finally recaptured the magic of the first go around. I tried restarting it before, and I even got Poke Ruby, but I always ended up getting bored and quitting.

Well, this time I took a more baller approach to playing. Instead of wasting time leveling up a bunch of bums like Pidgey and Nidoran to make my team, I just got some hosses and went to work with them until I found someone I actually wanted to play with.

For a long ass time I was running with just 3 pokemon: Bulba, Pika, and Kadabra (can't get Alakazaam but I can't imagine how bad ass he is considering how much of a house Kadabra is).

So finally I started finding some intriguing pokemon and I love how my team has shaped up. I dumped weak ass pikachu and figured **** it, I remember the first time I played Jolteon being a house so I'm going that route.

Now after 4 gyms I'm rolling with

Ivysaur
Kadabra
Jolteon
Snorlax
Gyrados
"Dux" lvl 7 (some wimp as pokemon that does fly and cut for me)

And this in my opinion is the strongest team I have ever ****** with in any pokemon game. It's the first time I've rolled with Bulbasaur, Gyrados, and Snorlax and I really like all 3, especially gyrados and Snorlax.

I was going to wait on evolving ivysaur so i could get new moves quicker but I just TM'd Mega Drain and my move set is perfect for my tastes so I'm not going to even **** with solar beam.

But yeah just wanted to ramble. Mad pumped about my team. I'll end up ditching Dux for Articuno to round it out.

No fire pokemon because aside from Charizard they all suck in this game (Blue, I don't get the fire tiger).

Any comments? Advice? If not that's cool. Just wanted to let you guys know you inspired me.

Badababaaa, I'm lovin it.
PrimetimeTheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pokemons I want;

Those are the guys I'll be rolling around with. The turtle and the polar bear are just awesome.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-20-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should make a RPG role playing game, like Oblivion. I would definitely play that, no questions asked. I would never stop playing it, in fact.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I think they should make a RPG role playing game, like Oblivion. I would definitely play that, no questions asked. I would never stop playing it, in fact.
Side note, Morrowind is my favorite game ever. It may not have the flashy graphics or physics of Oblivion, but it was sooo much deeper. I'm a game-lore junky though.......

But yeah, a deep, epic Pokemon RPG game would rock so, so much. So much.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Imagine how much MORE money this would make.

It could be like a, Pokemon Final Fantasy. Off the scale epicness.
O i totally agree. But if it ended up tanking, it could set the franchise back big time. I'm totally and completely all for it and my friends and I have been anticipating it forever but at the same time I completely understand Nintendo keeping its handheld trump card games solely on the handheld consoles. I mean I wouldn't own a DS (or would I have ever purchased any handheld console) if it weren't for Pokemon. Fact is, DS sales spike when a new Pokemon game comes out. DS sales create more profit than Wii games do :-(

As for the new pokemon, I totally concur on the Sea Turtle guy. I always pick the water starter but I might have to go elsewhere just because I WILL be using the Sea Turtle so I'm either getting some hardcore redundancy on my team, not using my starter, or will end up picking one of the other two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Water/rock turtle is definitely the best.

As for a wii game, I don't see the hold up. It would definitely make a ton of money and Mario games branched out onto consoles and is nintendo's biggest money maker.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, playing through Ruby, is it even friggin possible to get a skarmory? Been in Route 113 for like an hour and no sign...

Nvm, just got the bugger, yay!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Last edited by UKfan : 09-20-2010 at 03:58 PM.
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Currently have:

Level 23

Level 23

Level 24

Level 23

Level 18

Level 17

Thoughts? I am thinking of getting rid of Ninjask for a fighting, grass or ice pokemon, but I like the idea of having a really good bug pokemon, not really done it before...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

basically the same as me except i have Torkoal instead of Slugma and no bug, using Slakoth as a HM slave right now

Swampert lv 43
Torkoal lv 43
Gardevoir lv 41
Lairon lv 39
Skarmory lv 36
Slakoth lv 12

Last edited by fenikz : 09-20-2010 at 05:09 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really didn't like how in platinum you could get the unique, legendary ghost dragon pokémon before you even had all the badges. That seemed silly to me.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Thoughts? I am thinking of getting rid of Ninjask for a fighting, grass or ice pokemon, but I like the idea of having a really good bug pokemon, not really done it before...
You could get a Heracross. Bug + Fighting, and he's really good.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can someone explain EVs to me and does it even make a difference if you arent playing vs other people?

more specifically the vitamin method

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
can someone explain EVs to me and does it even make a difference if you arent playing vs other people?

more specifically the vitamin method
It makes a pretty damn huge difference, yeah. Basically, the stats of your Pokemon in the end are determined by the Pokemon you trained them against. Want a Garchomp that one hits every thing with Swords Dance and Earthquake? Train him on Gyrados. Want him to be fast as well? Train him on Magikarp(coincidentally). That's the basic concept.

The making it more complex, every Pokemon you knock out gives a point value from 1-3(sticking with prior ex, Gryados gives 3 ATK EV, Magikarp 1 SPD EV). For every four points you gain of a certain EV, your Pokemon's corresponding stat will be one point higher at level 100. You can only gain EV points in a particular stat up until 255. The smart thing to do is if you can keep track of it, stop at 252 because you won't waste three EV points. You get 510 total EV points. To maximize a Pokemon's potential, most people pick two stats that are already high on a Pokemon(EX; Garchomp, ATK and SPD) and just exaggerate them with EV training. They get the two chosen stats to 252 and then dump the rest of them either into defense or HP.

All Vitamins do is raise an EV level up 10.

That's a really short way on explaining it. Not sure if you've seen this page, but it helps a lot.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...#Generation_IV

As far as if it's worth it or not, it helps a TON, but it's really hard to do if you haven't already beaten the game you are playing. If you want to do Battle Tower and things like that, it's basically the make or break factor. It sort of sucks the joy out of a playthrough trying do it as you go along. You also need to have an internet window open damn near constantly to make sure you don't get a point in the wrong direction.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-20-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, EV's were way too strategic and took too much effort for a guy like me who just played the story mode.

But from what I gathered, if you battled competitively, it was pretty much mandatory that your team was EV trained or else you were at a big disadvantage.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Yeah, EV's were way too strategic and took too much effort for a guy like me who just played the story mode.

But from what I gathered, if you battled competitively, it was pretty much mandatory that your team was EV trained or else you were at a big disadvantage.
I tried to see if I could make one top flight competitive Pokemon. It's just way too much work. EV's are a pain, but doable. Things like IV's and Natures just make it completely not fun.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I tried to see if I could make one top flight competitive Pokemon. It's just way too much work. EV's are a pain, but doable. Things like IV's and Natures just make it completely not fun.
That's why you also use Power Bracer etc. along with Pokerus for double EV gain and it won't matter what pokemon you battle. Much much easier, if you're playing the 4th generation that is. Then you have to go Macho Brace in Gen III (still doubled by Pokerus I believe) and be wary of which pokemon you battle.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 09-20-2010 at 10:25 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This new generation > The previous one
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
This new generation > The previous one
define previous, because you're not picking anything new over team 151, are you?

on a side note, is there a decent playable rom available for this thing ?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote