Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-21-2010, 05:40 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omg **** these regi things, just caught all 3 that was a pain in the ass, moltres, articuno and zapdos were so much easier

at least getting to them only takes half a second
Old 09-21-2010, 08:47 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
define previous, because you're not picking anything new over team 151, are you?

on a side note, is there a decent playable rom available for this thing ?
There is, but be careful you find a good one because some of them you can't gain experience from.

As far as this generation goes, overall, yeah V>IV.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
This new generation > The previous one
Gen 4 was easily the best generation after gen 1. I'm a pretty big fan of Gen 5 though and from what I can see, its already better than Gen's 2 and 3. We'll see if it can live up to 1 and 4 once I actually start playing haha.

As for EVs, they actually arent TERRIBLY hard to do but when you factor in getting pokemon with the right natures, IVs, and Abilities, it becomes a MAJOR pain in the ass. I made an all bug, completely EV trained team in Diamond and it took about 15 Heracross babies before I finally got one that had Guts and a Jolly nature. Since I don't really compete competitively, I decided I wouldn't do that again and just worry about doing as much ad hoc EV training as I could so I'm mindful of where I grind with which Pokemon now but I don't take notes and go all out in EV training anymore.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Gen 4 was easily the best generation after gen 1. I'm a pretty big fan of Gen 5 though and from what I can see, its already better than Gen's 2 and 3. We'll see if it can live up to 1 and 4 once I actually start playing haha.
I disagree. Gen 4 was my least favorite. Gen 5 does look good though. It'll probably be better than 3 and 4, imo.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 09-21-2010 at 09:18 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so i'm starting a new fire red and saying "**** trying to catch 'em all!" i'm going with a beast, yet different team. I ALWAYS pick squirtle, but this time i went bulbasaur. him and pidgey are running ****. ivysaur's 17 and i'm about to go in mt. moon. pidgey's like 13. my plan is:
venusuar
vaporeon
arcanine
electabuzz

and 2 open spots, possibly snorlax and someone tbd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can all agree that generation 3 sucked the hardest. There was some cool Pokemons sprinkled in there, but most of them were lame.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for EVs, they actually arent TERRIBLY hard to do but when you factor in getting pokemon with the right natures, IVs, and Abilities, it becomes a MAJOR pain in the ass. I made an all bug, completely EV trained team in Diamond and it took about 15 Heracross babies before I finally got one that had Guts and a Jolly nature. Since I don't really compete competitively, I decided I wouldn't do that again and just worry about doing as much ad hoc EV training as I could so I'm mindful of where I grind with which Pokemon now but I don't take notes and go all out in EV training anymore.
It's funny because I'm the opposite. I couldn't be bothered to EV train for story mode but I have no problem grinding for Pokemon with good IVs and natures. I did it for Houndour in SS and it took hours.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
It's funny because I'm the opposite. I couldn't be bothered to EV train for story mode but I have no problem grinding for Pokemon with good IVs and natures. I did it for Houndour in SS and it took hours.
Funny you say that because I was fully planning on doing it for my Houndour in SS and the first one I caught actually had perfect IVs and nature so I EV trained it to be a mixed sweeper and it rapes the Elite Four with Crunch and Flamethrower.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
define previous, because you're not picking anything new over team 151, are you?

on a side note, is there a decent playable rom available for this thing ?
Generation 4. There was NO decent fire pokemon in there.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

if by Fire you mean water, I agree. Outside of Empoleon the cupboard was pretty bare. Floatzel and Gastrodon were OK I guess. At least fire had Magmortar if you didn't want to use the legendary or the starter...

I'll take Infernape, Magmortar, and Heatran over Empoleon, Floatzel and Gastrodon though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if by Fire you mean water, I agree. Outside of Empoleon the cupboard was pretty bare. Floatzel and Gastrodon were OK I guess. At least fire had Magmortar if you didn't want to use the legendary or the starter...

I'll take Infernape, Magmortar, and Heatran over Empoleon, Floatzel and Gastrodon though.
Floatzel is my boy. I ******* love Floatzel. I would roll with Floatzel and Infernape allll day.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-23-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very, very true. Dragonite looks like a Barney reject. He should be some sort of badass combination of Gyarados and Charizard. Now that'd be ******* awesome.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found a bunch of them. These are so ******* cool.

http://gallery.neoseeker.com/Swamper...60-fr_pokedex/
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 09-23-2010 at 09:53 PM.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

He also kind of sucks as a Pokemon. Not good for much.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-23-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMGZZZZ I'm so sad right now. :(

I've been playing yellow for a while and want to change things up new school so I tried Pokemon Red. As I went to save it, it said save error and that I need to exchange my backup memory. I tossed my other version that I was playing other then Yellow in the recycle bin but still no good. THIS IS MADNESS I TELL YOU. GIMME MY RED!

Any tips for the sad panda?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

download an emulator.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
download an emulator.
I already got one. It saved two different versions on it. As I tried to save red it gave me that error. I threw the other one out to see if Red could take its place but it was a no go.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
He also kind of sucks as a Pokemon. Not good for much.
Yeah, he's strong, but he gets RAPED by ice. So hard.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Dragonite is one of my favorite Pokemon, back off!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I was just remembered who all was on my team when I beat Red on SS, and I had Mismagius. She was a ******* boss.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Yeah, he's strong, but he gets RAPED by ice. So hard.
I once won a giant 3rd grade Pokemon recess tournament against a kid with 6 Dragonites. Just raped him with Ice Beam and Blastioise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-24-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absol always looked pretty sweet is it any good?

lol machamp has light sabers

Last edited by fenikz : 09-24-2010 at 12:06 AM.
fenikz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Absol hits really hard. It gets a crit boost and has a really high base attack stat. Probably my favorite guy from R/S, just for the cool factor. Pressure is also useful for fights against powerful opponents.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-24-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absol is on my Emerald team. <3333

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote