Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so i'm trying to save my firered on my VBA and now when i save it, it says "saving error, switch backup memory". i've never had this problem before. anyone know what i need to do?
I had the same problem. When you open your emulator go to options on the top row- emulator- save type- and make sure your at flash 128k instead of flash 64k. Then you have to close out then open it up again. Hope it helps.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In FireRed, who do I start with?
I usually go Squirtle just for Blastoise.

Anyone got any thoughts?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good water Pokemon are easy to come by....use the Old Rod -> Magikarp -> Day Care -> Gyarados strategy to get one of the best you can get that early in the game. (Right after the 3rd gym.)

Fire and Grass though...whole nother story. You might be without a fire type until Cinnabar Island if you have some trouble catching a Growlithe/Vulpix, and even then, you wouldn't get one until the midway point. You don't really need a fire type for the early gyms, but having one is always helpful.

As for Grass...I find myself going without it a lot. Catch a Pikachu or evolve Eevee into Jolteon and you have a good water killer...and with the ease of getting a different water type, you have your rock/ground killer. Plus, unlike evolving your Eevee into a Flareon, you can teach your Jolteon Shockwave (TM you get from Surge) to give him a good electric attack right away. I don't think Flareon gets anything but Ember until a higher level.

So my suggestion is:

1.) Charmander
2.) Bulbasaur
3.) Squirtle
Old 03-16-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this thread was going to be filled with hot college girls who dress up as that chick on Pokemon.

Instead...it's actually about Pokemon.

Son, I am disappoint.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They were always really dick to the fire types. Never gave them any good moves.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-16-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I thought this thread was going to be filled with hot college girls who dress up as that chick on Pokemon.

Instead...it's actually about Pokemon.

Son, I am disappoint.

Better?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oopsie, must of opened to an old post

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Good water Pokemon are easy to come by....use the Old Rod -> Magikarp -> Day Care -> Gyarados strategy to get one of the best you can get that early in the game. (Right after the 3rd gym.)

Fire and Grass though...whole nother story. You might be without a fire type until Cinnabar Island if you have some trouble catching a Growlithe/Vulpix, and even then, you wouldn't get one until the midway point. You don't really need a fire type for the early gyms, but having one is always helpful.

As for Grass...I find myself going without it a lot. Catch a Pikachu or evolve Eevee into Jolteon and you have a good water killer...and with the ease of getting a different water type, you have your rock/ground killer. Plus, unlike evolving your Eevee into a Flareon, you can teach your Jolteon Shockwave (TM you get from Surge) to give him a good electric attack right away. I don't think Flareon gets anything but Ember until a higher level.

So my suggestion is:

1.) Charmander
2.) Bulbasaur
3.) Squirtle
I agree with the good Baron of Beer. Charmander is the best way to go. Personally when I look for a plant type I catch an early oddish and use him to defeat a bunch or ground or rock types till it turns to Gloom and vileplume who in my experience is usually powerful enough for all of your needs.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pfffft, you can nab a growlithe in that patch of grass near lavender town and dominate with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
pfffft, you can nab a growlithe in that patch of grass near lavender town and dominate with it
For one, you basically need to put it to sleep or it will just use Roar and flee. Also, you basically need to get it to level 31 before it will get an attack more useful than Bite and Ember. And even then, it's only Flame Wheel...which isn't even that much more powerful Ember.

Charmeleon at least learns Flamethrower at 34....you'd need to get Growlithe into the 40s, and by that point, he'd be fairly weak if you didn't evolve him.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Growlithe is one of my favorites tho.
Unfortunately just more of the game ******** on fire types

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-16-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post

Better?
more please.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trubbish... Really...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

AWEEEEEEESOME:

Quote:
Kangaskhan is a bit of an oddity – a kangaroo Pokemon that doesn’t evolve, and when hatched, is born complete with a “baby” version of itself in its pouch, even though it’s never a baby at all. Weird, to be sure, but they’re magic monsters, so they’ve got some slack in the weird department. But players also noticed that the baby Kangaskhan bore a striking resemblance to a Cubone, an “orphan” Pokemon abandoned by its mother. After years of speculation, the great Internet Theory Engine cranked out the following logical deduction:

• Prior to the original game’s release, Cubone eventually evolved into Kangaskhan.

• The developers must have removed the ‘missing link’ Pokemon that connected Cubone and Kangaskhan, and replaced it with the non-evolving Marowak.

• Rather than deleting this missing link, the developers brushed it under the digital carpet by simply giving it a Pokemon index number of zero.

If you played the first two Pokemon games, you might recognize that index number as belonging to either MissingNo or ‘M, the game glitch Pokemon that you can find surfing off the coast of Cinnabar Island. Coincidence? Obviously.

Except that when ‘M levels up, IT EVOLVES INTO ************* KANGASKHAN. HOLY LIVING CRAP. Mom! Call the FBI! Ask for Agent Mulder!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old conspiracy is old.

Beat Black and White last week and it was an absolute blast. The Pokemon with a story experiment idea actually went rather well. Graphics were really improved, not so much technically, but there were so many memorable locations. New Pokemon were really cool too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
AWEEEEEEESOME:

I found that a little too fascinating haha.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the right move. I ******* love Arcanine. He was supposed to be the fire type in Red/Blues trio until they decided to make it a full bird thing and put in Moltres. His stats are better than Charizard's and he had a better spread of them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-16-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That's the right move. I ******* love Arcanine. He was supposed to be the fire type in Red/Blues trio until they decided to make it a full bird thing and put in Moltres. His stats are better than Charizard's and he had a better spread of them.
If you're going to compete against other real life people and stuff, fine.

But just in the game itself....using Flame Wheel with your Growlithe against Ass-Bag's (your rival) Venusaur because you haven't got him Flamethrower yet gets annoying.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I do concede that's an issue. As of Heart Gold/Soul Silver though, they corrected that giving him Fire Fang when you evolve him, as well as leveling down Flamethrower to a more manageable 34.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-16-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

The last time I played through trying to do something different, I used him and remedied that issue by evolving him as soon as he learned Flame Wheel and taught him Fire Blast. But Flame Wheel typically wasn't strong enough to kill even fire-weak enemies of similar level in one hit, and Fire Blast had limited uses, so you had to be conservative with it on longer trips.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I typically don't battle wild Pokemon a whole lot in my games. I catch what I want and then Repel my way out of the area, so the PVE really isn't that big of a deal for me. I had to do a ton of training on wild Pokemon in Black and White due to the absence or a Versus Seeker :(

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-16-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

always blastoise

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well that is the most god damn awesome thing

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Works of artistic falsehood.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-21-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.dorkly.com/video/13119/do...tarter-pokemon