Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2014, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen lots of talk about a Pokemon Snap 2. Anyone know if that's legit and actually gonna happen or if its just people saying they want it?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over the summer, I replayed through the Elder Scrolls series, Mass Effect series, and Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Now that it's football season, I didn't want to be playing anything that requires my TV, so I've started replaying Pokemon with FireRed. Going to play through it, Gen IV, Gen V, and X again before the Ruby/Sapphire remakes come out.

I played quite a bit while watching football this weekend. I'm about to battle Blaine. My current team is Gyarados, Charizard, Kadabra, Pidgeot, Nidoking, and Electabuzz. (I spent two hours in the Safari Zone last night trying to catch a Scyther to replace Pidgeot with, but gave up after only encounter one which fled.)

So far, the toughest fight I've had was against Koga's Muk. I couldn't OHKO it with anything I had, even Kadabra's Psychic and Nidoking's Dig. Meanwhile, it could OHKO my Kadabra and would spam Minimize making it hard to hit with anything else. I went out and level ground Kadabra until it could OHKO Muk.

Still holding out hope that there'll one day be a massive open-world Pokemon RPG. I'd buy whatever console Nintendo is currently hocking just for that.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Still holding out hope that there'll one day be a massive open-world Pokemon RPG. I'd buy whatever console Nintendo is currently hocking just for that.
It sounds like a great idea, but it will never happen. The point of the pokemon is to be "pocket monsters" A game that can easily fit into your pocket. I too, would buy that game, but it will never happen :(

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man, almost everyone I know would kill for that. And for that reason, it won't happen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've made other console games...Stadium, Snap...

It would be a much bigger selling point for the U than porting over year old+ games from other consoles.

They could even do something like link it to Pokemon Bank so you could do things on the 3DS.

At any rate, I'm going to keep holding out hope.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there's a firered version hack called ultra violet. I've been playing it and it's pretty awesome. supposedly you can get all of the pokemon but i've run into a problem with the fossils
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gen 1 is awesome. Replaying Leaf Green on my phone right now myself.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They've made other console games...Stadium, Snap...

It would be a much bigger selling point for the U than porting over year old+ games from other consoles.

They could even do something like link it to Pokemon Bank so you could do things on the 3DS.

At any rate, I'm going to keep holding out hope.
This is implying that Nintendo is in touch with what their wider audience wants. Madness.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Lame change I forgot about from Gen I to Gen III...they took away Blaine's Magmar. That was even a big thing on the anime.

I kind of like how gym leaders all had their own signature Mon which you can't (easily) encounter before battle them. Brock has Onyx, Misty Starmie, Surge Raichu, Erika Tangela, Sabrina Alakazam, Koga Venomoth (who was also taken out of the remakes now that I think about it,) Blaine Magmar, and Giovanni Rhydon (which is also missing, though he does have Kangaskhan too.)
Old 09-09-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
It sounds like a great idea, but it will never happen. The point of the pokemon is to be "pocket monsters" A game that can easily fit into your pocket. I too, would buy that game, but it will never happen :(
Wait, what?

They're pocket monsters because the trainers can carry them around in pokeballs. They'd literally unleashed monsters stashed in their pockets. That's how I always interpreted it.

But either way, soon the handhelds will be able to support massive, open-world sandbox games. I haven't played anything that requires the 3DS though, so they may already.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Over the summer, I replayed through the Elder Scrolls series, Mass Effect series, and Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Now that it's football season, I didn't want to be playing anything that requires my TV, so I've started replaying Pokemon with FireRed. Going to play through it, Gen IV, Gen V, and X again before the Ruby/Sapphire remakes come out.

I played quite a bit while watching football this weekend. I'm about to battle Blaine. My current team is Gyarados, Charizard, Kadabra, Pidgeot, Nidoking, and Electabuzz. (I spent two hours in the Safari Zone last night trying to catch a Scyther to replace Pidgeot with, but gave up after only encounter one which fled.)

So far, the toughest fight I've had was against Koga's Muk. I couldn't OHKO it with anything I had, even Kadabra's Psychic and Nidoking's Dig. Meanwhile, it could OHKO my Kadabra and would spam Minimize making it hard to hit with anything else. I went out and level ground Kadabra until it could OHKO Muk.

I want a damn Scyther. My big two right now is Charmeleon/Pikachu, trying my ass off to find either a Clefairy or Jigglypuff to **** around with. I like to change it up.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:39 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit, now I want to play Pokemon again. Thanks, guys.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:23 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Wait, what?

They're pocket monsters because the trainers can carry them around in pokeballs. They'd literally unleashed monsters stashed in their pockets. That's how I always interpreted it.

But either way, soon the handhelds will be able to support massive, open-world sandbox games. I haven't played anything that requires the 3DS though, so they may already.
You should definitely give X/Y a play if you find yourself with a 3DS. I think they're the best games since gen I/II (not counting the remakes of those gens.)

I think it's possible that we'll get something like an open-world RPG on there eventually, but I still think it would be cool to have a massive, Skyrim sized Pokemon game on a console.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found this on my hard drive and needed to post it somewhere and this thread is the most pertinent.

******* hating ass trains.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote