Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arcanine with Extremespeed, Fireblast, Flamethrower, and Dig is filthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone familiar with the updates wanna give me a run through on natures, EV's, etc.? I just started a new FireRed game. SQUIRTLE!
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Anyone familiar with the updates wanna give me a run through on natures, EV's, etc.? I just started a new FireRed game. SQUIRTLE!
There's a good table here that is helpful:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature
Old 08-01-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
EV's won't do you much good until after you beat the game, unless you want to just stop playing for like two hours and train. But look it up on Bulbapedia did get an idea of it and if you have any further questions, ask away.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/ev_manual

An EV giude.

Once you understand it, there is no going back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should seriously get some Shoddy Battle games going. We're just a few steps away from becoming Scott Wright's Pokemon Countdown (SWPC).
Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Arcanine with Extremespeed, Fireblast, Flamethrower, and Dig is filthy.
Just evolved my Growlithe on SoulSilver. This is my Arcanine currently:

Arcanine - Lvl. 48
- Crunch
- Flare Blitz
- Flamethrower
- ExtremeSpeed

I've raised an Espeon, but I've got it stored. I'm gonna train it once I can til it learns Morning Sun (HP recovery move). I can breed Morning Sun into Growlithes, so Arcanine now has a HP recovery move. Flare Blitz is a physical fire attack with a base power of 120, so it takes advantage of Arcanine's better physical attack than special. Huge base damage + Arcanine's high attack + STAB = sweetness. The downside is Flare Blitz hits Arcanine with recoil, but with Morning Sun, it can easily heal any damage from it! Plus, it can learn Sunny Day. Sunny Day will boost Flare Blitz's attack since it's a fire type, and Morning Sun will gain more health because the sunnier it is, the more HP is regained (likewise, if it's raining, hailing, etc., Morning Sun regains less). And with Sunny Day, Solarbeam doesn't need a turn to recharge. No ExtremeSpeed though, which is like an Arcanine staple.

But a set like:

- Flare Blitz
- Solarbeam
- Morning Sun
- Sunny Day

Would be sweet. The 4th Gen did a **** load of favors to Arc's movepool. Arcanine can now re-learn Thunder Fang. Crunch is there, a move tutor (on Platinum I think) can teach it Iron Head, and a move tutor (on FRed/LGreen I think) can teach it Body Slam which had a solid chance to paralyze due to Arc's speed. Not to mention status moves like Toxic and Will-o-wisp, and stat boosters like Howl. But giving it a powerhouse physical move like Flare Blitz was the biggest boost.

You guys are missing out on just using Fire Red/Leaf Green. HeartGold/SoulSilver is where the party is!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
You guys are missing out on just using Fire Red/Leaf Green. HeartGold/SoulSilver is where the party is!
all those have way to many pokemon, more than 151 is annoying

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I thought that too, until I started playing the newer ones, and now I think it is awesome.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Heyo! Already on the S.S. Anne! POKEMONZ!
Quote:
Old 08-01-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In pokemon red...or blue. What were your choices in the beginning? Bulbasaur, squirtle, and charmander?

For whatever reason, I dont think I ever picked charmander. I think I only played once or twice, though. Loved that game. I dont have a gameboy anything, though. I may have to buy one. Those games were funnn.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

double post

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Why is it annoying? To me, seeing the same pokemon over and over and over and over and over is more annoying. At least give it a try, especially if you're not familiar with the new ones. It's more fun exploring though an area and running into a new pokemon you've never seen before. There are a lot of really cool new ones out there. Try before agreeing to be ignorant of all the new versions just because they're not the original 151 that are more sentimental to you.

Besides, HG/SS are just the 2nd release. It's 100 more pokemon. To get to the 3rd and 4th Gen pokemon, you need to import them, catch them in the Safari Zone, or have to trade-evolve/stone-evolve them. It won't be annoying for you, since most of ya'll know the 2nd Gen pokemon.

If anything, the new moves and changes in the physical/special moves will be the most confusing. In fact, j05son and I got into it when we did the Pokedraft was back when. I voted against his tear, but he and Renji did the Shoddybattle. Well, j05son's team won and the other guy's (controlled by Renji) lost, so that was his proof that there's no way his team could lose. I argued that Shoddybattle's battle mechanics were different from the 1st and 2nd Gen games (which were the ones we were drafting, and the rules we were going by) since it was running on 4th Gen mechanics, and some moves that they were using would be different. For example, the Elemental Punches were special attacks in the early versions. In the new ones, they're physical attacks. He disagreed and flat out told me I had no idea what I was talking about, when in the end I was proven right. And j05son knew his ****. So if he slipped up over that stuff, then ya'll guys probably will too. That'd be the only annoying thing ya'll would have to cope with.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
In pokemon red...or blue. What were your choices in the beginning? Bulbasaur, squirtle, and charmander?

For whatever reason, I dont think I ever picked charmander. I think I only played once or twice, though. Loved that game. I dont have a gameboy anything, though. I may have to buy one. Those games were funnn.
It fully depended on which version I had. I have LeafGreen, which doesn't have Growlithe on it. Arcanine is my favorite fire type, and beyond him, the competition isn't as desireable. So I'd go with Charmander because Charizard as my fire type seemed like a smarter choice, and I could land a good water type like Lapras, Gyarados, or Starmie.

Never really carried grass types ever, so passing on Bulbasaur wasn't a big deal to me. I've actually never, ever, started with Bulbasaur. I dunno why, cause I like Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur. If I had FireRed, I probably would've started with Bulba. Cause then I could get my Arcanine, and there are plenty of strong water types I like.

I'm on my second lap on LeafGreen, this time using Charmander. On my initial go round, I chose Squirtle because I planned on getting a Growlithe somehow. But it never happened, so I eventually settled on a Flareon, which turned out pretty good.

On LG right now, my team is Charizard, Starmie, Hitmonlee, Lapras, Dragonair, and Rhydon.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm on my second lap on LeafGreen, this time using Charmander. On my initial go round, I chose Squirtle because I planned on getting a Growlithe somehow. But it never happened, so I eventually settled on a Flareon, which turned out pretty good.
It's be tough for me to go any direction other than Jolteon for my Eevee evolution. Unless I planned on making a push to get Zapdos asafp....I think electric is a hard type to survive long without, and Raichu just doesn't seem to do it for me late in the game...
Old 08-01-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Fire Red and Leaf Green? I'm behind in the times...what's the difference between these and the red, blue, gold/yellow and what not? New campaign and pokemon. I need to get a DS, I think.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fire Red and Leaf Green? I'm behind in the times...what's the difference between these and the red, blue, gold/yellow and what not? New campaign and pokemon. I need to get a DS, I think.
Fire Red and Leaf Green are remakes of the originals on GBA. Japan didn't have a Blue version, they had Red and Green originally.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh...well that's cool still. I'll pick them up, whenever I get a DS. They ever make a "larger" version? Seems like they could have struck gold, with this game just blown up a few sizes on a console.

And...what's the difference between a DS and a DSI? I never got into handheld gaming, so it's all pretty foreign to me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh...well that's cool still. I'll pick them up, whenever I get a DS. They ever make a "larger" version? Seems like they could have struck gold, with this game just blown up a few sizes on a console.

And...what's the difference between a DS and a DSI? I never got into handheld gaming, so it's all pretty foreign to me.
DSI has a camera and some DSware games like WiiWare. I think you can also browse the internet and play music on it. I have one but I don't use any of those things.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Thanks man. Yeah, I dont think I would put that stuff to use, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heyo! Already on the S.S. Anne! POKEMONZ!
Damn man. I started one yesterday and I'm rolling into Cerulean, everyone I have is level 10 or more, with Charmeleon leading the way at 17. Then I run into that asshole Gary Oak and he raped my ****, everyone in his group was like level 15+. He even beat me in the beginning battle cuz he got lucky with a critical hit. I don't enjoy losing to Gary Oak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It's be tough for me to go any direction other than Jolteon for my Eevee evolution. Unless I planned on making a push to get Zapdos asafp....I think electric is a hard type to survive long without, and Raichu just doesn't seem to do it for me late in the game...
Raichu is very very very good.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn man. I started one yesterday and I'm rolling into Cerulean, everyone I have is level 10 or more, with Charmeleon leading the way at 17. Then I run into that asshole Gary Oak and he raped my ****, everyone in his group was like level 15+. He even beat me in the beginning battle cuz he got lucky with a critical hit. I don't enjoy losing to Gary Oak.
you can't ignore his girth
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
If he ever beats me in the very first battle in Oak's lab, I start over lol.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was looking threw my old cards. ******** psyduck turns into a demon like duck. He looks like he'd claw your ******* face off on the card I have. Looking him up on google images, looks like they toned down his razor sharp claws that he used to have. lol.

From this...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:O...olduck.png&t=1

to this...

lame.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS