Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the thing is, with Revis, the Jets are a legit contender. without him, they're probably a 9 win team.
Didn
t they win 9 last year, with him? 9-7 IIRC.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Didn
t they win 9 last year, with him? 9-7 IIRC.
this is true, I think they got a bit better this year. But without Revis, what I meant, is that they're not a playoff team. I actually meant to say 8. damn typos. With Revis they can contend, without him, they're cooked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the thing is, with Revis, the Jets are a legit contender. without him, they're probably a 9 win team.
thats what everyone is saying, but i just dont buy it. losing him hurts their defense but it doesnt destroy it, and it certainly doesnt destroy the chances of the team winning games....they play an attacking style of defense and get alot of pressure and really cro, wilson, and lowry are no sloutches at CB. they are in a perfect position to let him sit out and cry imo

if mangold sat out tho they would suffer greatly, i cant even fathom smashing their bank open for faneca 2 years ago so he can be among the leagues worst guards for 8 million a year, paying a slightly above average brick ferguson to a big money deal, being willing to make revis a $100 million cornerback, but snubb an elite player like mangold who is probably the best player on their team (imo)

i just dont get it, i hope they sign revis and he falls on his face and they lose out on mangold and he goes to the patriots or something
Old 08-10-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

without Revis, their starting CB's are Cromartie and Kyle Wilson, with Dwight Lowery. With Jim Leonhard and Brodney Pool at safety. not exactly a kick ass secondary.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not diminishing the importance of Mangold here either. Just saying, if they've gotta choose, it's not the easiest of decisions to make here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let him hold out. They're still a good team.

Then if he sits out a whole season or two before he's a free agent, there's no way he'd get that lucrative contract being 2 years removed from football.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He won't sit out any regular season games. And as good as Revis is, he won't be the best corner after this year. CB is SO tough. Every year, a different guy steps up and is seen as the "best" Asomugha, Bailey, Cromartie, Revis, all these guys have been argued as the best after one incredible year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
without Revis, their starting CB's are Cromartie and Kyle Wilson, with Dwight Lowery. With Jim Leonhard and Brodney Pool at safety. not exactly a kick ass secondary.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not diminishing the importance of Mangold here either. Just saying, if they've gotta choose, it's not the easiest of decisions to make here
i agree to some extent....but the secondary wasnt really kick ass in baltimore either...lot of old guys, undersized guys, and fragile guys...but the pressure they brought made them servicable.

say what you want about cromartie but hes got excellent ball skills and good hips, i think he could be great (or at least good again) under rex...you dont want to let the pressure get to you and throw a bad ball to cromartie cause he can catch it and take it back, and wilson could probably start relatively soon for most teams and be a solid corner, they got great value with that pick.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He won't sit out any regular season games. And as good as Revis is, he won't be the best corner after this year. CB is SO tough. Every year, a different guy steps up and is seen as the "best" Asomugha, Bailey, Cromartie, Revis, all these guys have been argued as the best after one incredible year.
truth....so true
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this guy (and most nfl players for that matter) are ******* clowns. he won't play because he can't get more than $15.1M a year? boo ******* hoo. get your greedy ass to camp and take $12.0M a year, you'll still be rich as ****.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
this guy (and most nfl players for that matter) are ******* clowns. he won't play because he can't get more than $15.1M a year? boo ******* hoo. get your greedy ass to camp and take $12.0M a year, you'll still be rich as ****.
Elvis Dumervil.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this is as cut and dry as everybody's making it out to be when they support Revis or the FO. With the CBA it's tough to determine what to do in terms of guaranteed money, they can't guarantee around everything (I think only one of injury and performance, though I'm not sure it's performance) and Revis doesn't want to get injured in a nasty way and lose a ton of his value. Supposedly what happened with Leon Washington last year has him pretty concerned about what happens if he gets hurt. But with the CBA uncertainty they don't want to toss a bunch of guaranteed money his way up front. I'm pretty sure no team has really given a player a lot of guarantees in any of the extensions this offseason.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets are reported to be preparing for the season without Revis being there. I don't buy it at all. It's a bluff to come out publicly and make a big stink about how there is no way they are going to pay him and they don't need him - try to force his hand and get him to sign. But that doesn't mean they are going to fold and sign him for anything either. They drafted Kyle Wilson and brought in Cromartie - whatever your opinion is on the two players all that matters is that the Jets believe in them. Maybe they even did it because they saw this coming, maybe Rex Ryan wasn't planning on putting that much money into a single CB as long as a year ago and they have been planning to let Revis go for awhile now.

I think Revis shows up around the 3rd-4th preseason game, plays a year, and bolts as a free agent.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I sincerely doubt if you had the immense talent that Revis had you'd say this. I don't blame him for holding out. He could be one wrong turn of the leg away in a non-contact drill away from never getting paid.

It's easy for us fans to be passionate about the game and say guys should stop being greedy but I have little doubts if we had the ability to play in the NFL, and play as one of the best players in the league, we wouldn't be so quick to judge. Every player in the NFL is one step away from being cut by his team and losing any money that isn't guaranteed on his deal.

Seems pretty obvious that most teams and the NFL doesn't give a **** about players once they leave the league, but the players are supposed to be blindly loyal to their teams?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without him, count on the Jets for about 4 wins this season. Revis is the best and should be paid as such. All power to him and I hope he holds out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Without him, count on the Jets for about 4 wins this season. Revis is the best and should be paid as such. All power to him and I hope he holds out.
Seriously? You really think that Revis is worth about 6-7 wins? I know he is the best player on the team but come on.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you see the Colts game? That defense is nothing without him. They are very overrated, once they ran into a team that had more than just a #1 WR they were exposed. (also see the Patriots game when they had Welker)

Old 08-10-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you see the Colts game? That defense is nothing without him. They are very overrated, once they ran into a team that had more than just a #1 WR they were exposed. (also see the Patriots game when they had Welker)
And that was with Lito Shepherd and Dwight Lowery as our #2 and 3. Cromartie and Kyle Wilson will improve our secondary. I understand Cromarite has been terrible the last year or so but our man to man scheme really fits his strengths.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
lol.....damn i cant believe peyton manning and tom brady would ever make a defense look overrated
Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a decent point (looking at the schedule the only other game the Jets played well in against a team that had multiple solid passing options was the Chargers the week before with V-Jax and Gates), but I think it's a little simplistic, there are a lot more variables there than the fact that the Colts more than just a #1 receiver.

The Jets were typically able to keep their defense off the field in part due to a strong running game which took a major shot when Shonn Greene went down. Manning picked on #2 and #3 CB's all game when the pass rush was not able to get to him in time (which was a major issue). I think the fact that Peyton Manning is really good and was able to get the ball out quickly and accurately was a major factor as well.

Given the Jets arguably improved CB depth with the additions of Wilson and Cromartie (who has supposedly been great in camp), it'll probably be harder to pick on just one of those two guys than just throwing at Lito Sheppard all the time. However, 3 WR sets should give them trouble and while I don't think Wilson or Cromartie will be as bad as Sheppard (I could certainly be wrong) the team won't be able to take away #1 options. On the other hand, given Kris Jenkins will be back a solid run defense should improve some and the passing game should be better as well, after week 5 at least. The run game is a major question mark IMO. So to be perfectly clear, I do think the Jets will struggle without Revis, but I also don't think they'll struggle as much as you seem to think (6-8 wins seems more realistic to me) and I don't think it's cut and dry.

Also, Ryan and Pettine will probably tweak the way they defend without Revis. I thought the Jets were done after Jenkins went down this past season and they were able to scheme their way out of it, and while Revis is certainly a bigger loss Jenks was a huge loss as well. Keep in mind, Ryan's Baltimore teams typically didn't have great #1 corner play and they did alright. We'll see how they do with those tweaks, but looking at the team's defense with Revis in the fold and seeing what offenses did but taking into account they won't be able to shut down #1's and thinking about how they'll be without him isn't exactly an apples to oranges comparison. It probably favors your side of the argument since they can't roll as much coverage away from him, but again it's a tough comparison to make since we don't know what they'll do without him or how Cromartie and Wilson will play in this scheme.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a bit unfair to look at that Colt game and expect it to be the same, because CB could now be one of their team strengths if Revis is back this year. That's probably why they took Kyle Wilson, that's a huge upgrade as a #2 corner and I don't think he'd get beaten that bad.

Add in Kris Jenkins who can collapse a pocket much quicker and give less time for a QB to throw, and I don't think looking at that Colts game really would tell the whole story of how things would go this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
lol.....damn i cant believe peyton manning and tom brady would ever make a defense look overrated

They wouldn't even have been rated highly had it not been for Revis, which is my point.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I sincerely doubt if you had the immense talent that Revis had you'd say this. I don't blame him for holding out. He could be one wrong turn of the leg away in a non-contact drill away from never getting paid.

It's easy for us fans to be passionate about the game and say guys should stop being greedy but I have little doubts if we had the ability to play in the NFL, and play as one of the best players in the league, we wouldn't be so quick to judge. Every player in the NFL is one step away from being cut by his team and losing any money that isn't guaranteed on his deal.

Seems pretty obvious that most teams and the NFL doesn't give a **** about players once they leave the league, but the players are supposed to be blindly loyal to their teams?

Some people just don't understand this. People think just because they love football and would play it for free, that these guys should be happy they make anything in the millions and just accept anything. It's a business.

The Jets talked him up as the best CB, and best defender in the league all year, now they act surprised when he wants to be paid as such. Sure he could take 10 million a year to help sign Mangold, but that doesn't mean he's an asshole for not doing it.

Sure 1 way or another he's rich, but if nobody understands how big of a difference 4-6 million dollars a year is to someone then you'll never get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

oh its entirely the jets fault for doing this, and ryan keeps heaping on the praise making it worse. i thought he was great last year, but i also think hes being immensely overrated right now. hes a rare talent at a very difficult position to play but a cornerback isnt gonna make or break a team. not having him hurts them but it doesnt kill them, guys step up all the time.

jets got a badass roster imo, and i think ryan is a great coach and an even better defensive mind....if he cant get 2 first round CBs to fill in and play good defense, with having another guy around with starting experience then there is no hope.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Revis has really thought out this holdout.

I mean if he holds out to the bye week, either the Jets will be in the playoff hunt or they won't. Either way, they won't be interested in paying Revis for the year.

Being 2-4 is his best shot at getting a deal done because they are still alive but also desperate.

Next year's potential lockout could mean he would lose 2 years of playing and of salary. I'd say the drop dead date for not losing 2 years is week 4. If the Jets are 0-3 going into Buffalo, then he may have the most leverage he will ever have because their season is still salvageable. That is the last week he will have any leverage though. If they beat Buffalo, then they may have increased confidence without him. If they lose to Buffalo, they are basically done for the year.

So, I give this holdout 7 more weeks tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
jets got a badass roster imo, and i think ryan is a great coach and an even better defensive mind....
How can you be the 4th best coach and 3rd best defensive mind in the AFC East and be 'great'?

Last edited by descendency : 08-10-2010 at 03:24 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More important to team?

Favre or Revis?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote