Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
More important to team?

Favre or Revis?
Better question, which player is in uniform first this season?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Better question, which player is in uniform first this season?
I am going to say Favre. I can picture Revis actually holding out a few games into the season. Favre has SOME ethics, he won't want to leave his team out to dry against the Saints.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More important to team?

Favre or Revis?
Favre, for sure, no question to me. Look at who replaces them both...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More important to team?

Favre or Revis?
Favre. Easily. If he plays like he did last year, he's the difference between sneaking into the playoffs (at best) and going deep into January. If Revis plays or doesn't (he will, but whatever), he upgrades the Jets from mediocre to less mediocre.

Revis helps the Jets a lot (that whole scheme was helped immensely with the pressure they could heap on him), but that team is still mediocre any way you slice it. Unless Greene and Tomlinson manage to piece together a great (and I mean top 3) rushing attack, I doubt the Jets manage better than 3rd in the division. And that's with Revis.

I have no idea what Revis' contract demands are, but it's unreasonable for him to want a yearly deal like Nnamdi's. That said, it's not unreasonable for him to want more guaranteed money overall. That should be easy to piece together.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For sure Favre.

Trading Revis a possiblity?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-possibility/
Old 08-10-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ughhhhhhhh
Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am going to say Favre. I can picture Revis actually holding out a few games into the season. Favre has SOME ethics, he won't want to leave his team out to dry against the Saints.
No, Revis won't hold out through the season. No way he gives up that money and potential to have to pay back part of the signing bonus, especially with next year so up in the air.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Some people just don't understand this. People think just because they love football and would play it for free, that these guys should be happy they make anything in the millions and just accept anything. It's a business.

The Jets talked him up as the best CB, and best defender in the league all year, now they act surprised when he wants to be paid as such. Sure he could take 10 million a year to help sign Mangold, but that doesn't mean he's an asshole for not doing it.

Sure 1 way or another he's rich, but if nobody understands how big of a difference 4-6 million dollars a year is to someone then you'll never get it.
To me that's the funniest thing of all. I'm not sure people even realize that point. The Jets are scoffing at the idea of making Revis the highest paid corner when their coach was constantly calling him the best corner in the league. As I recall he referred to him as the best defensive player in the league too and was miffed when he didn't when the DPOY award.

So the Jets refer to him as the best defensive player in the league but now it's all Revis' fault because he wants to paid like he's one of the best?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all about getting paid your market value, but Revis still has a few years left on his deal. He should honor the contract he originally signed. He's already getting a lot of money. What is to stop Revis from holding out again a year after he signs another blockbuster deal? Is he really worried he's going to go broke or something? He has enough money to live nicely for the rest of his life assuming he invests it right. Someone who is currently making half as much as he is in guaranteed money would still have enough...assuming it's invested in the proper manner. Revis is missing valuable time in camp, and I doubt he's going to get the deal he wants from New York. He's just screwing himself here I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Without him, count on the Jets for about 4 wins this season. Revis is the best and should be paid as such. All power to him and I hope he holds out.
That's like saying the Oakland Raiders are screwed without Nnamdi Asomugha with their win total...when in reality they haven't won over five games since he's been there. A cornerback doesn't make or break a franchise...nor does a cornerback lead a team to a championship.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-10-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Without him, count on the Jets for about 4 wins this season. Revis is the best and should be paid as such. All power to him and I hope he holds out.
Unless you have the Bills at 4 wins or under, give me some of what your smoking if you think the Jets without Revis are on Buffalo's level of talent.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just pay the man and get him into camp. Like stated previously, you can't talk up someone and claim they're the best player at their position and then roll your eyes when they want to be paid like it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Elvis Dumervil.
It is football injury happens. He could easily pull a Steve Smith how fair is that to the team or get by a bus. **** happens. They offered him enough where it is a win for both sides.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this situation is more complicated than salary, guarantees and the CBA uncertainty are paying a big role. The only way they can circumvent the issues with guarantees and the 30% rule is giving him a TON of money up front, which the owner doesn't want to do right now. There's a difference between the guarantees in contracts that other guys (Brick for example) have signed this offseason and what Revis wants.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well hopefully he holds out until after the Ravens game...then he can sign.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
How can you be the 4th best coach and 3rd best defensive mind in the AFC East and be 'great'?
.... No one else saw this? Seriously? Hate the Jets all you want, Rex is not the worst coach in the AFC, and has had MUCH better defenses over the past 5 years than any other AFC coach.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
.... No one else saw this? Seriously? Hate the Jets all you want, Rex is not the worst coach in the AFC, and has had MUCH better defenses over the past 5 years than any other AFC coach.
Belichick, Sparano, Parcells.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Parcells isn't even a COACH in the division, and there's no way you can definitively say Sparano is better than Rex.

The only better coach, and possibly better defensive mind in the AFC east is Belichick.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Parcells isn't even a COACH in the division, and there's no way you can definitively say Sparano is better than Rex.

The only better coach, and possibly better defensive mind in the AFC east is Belichick.
Possibly??
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people hate rex cause hes a dick, but the man builds a brilliant defensive scheme imo, and i love his douche bag attitude, its refreshing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, it's even more refreshing when his douche attitude bites him in his large ass. his pimping revis has gotta be a factor to his hold out, as already stated.

i mean, i guess if he's my teams coach I love it...but he really needs to shut his mouth sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
people hate rex cause hes a dick, but the man builds a brilliant defensive scheme imo, and i love his douche bag attitude, its refreshing
Is it really?
There are a ton of douche bag coaches out there.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Is it really?
There are a ton of douche bag coaches out there.
The Hoodie comes to mind...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who wouldn't want to lose in the first round!?!?!

Bill Parcells Fo Lyfe!!!!!!!!
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not that he has ethics, it's just that he doesn't want his consecutive starts string snapped. IMO, it's one of the main reasons he keeps playing.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Possibly??
Belichick is definitely the better coach. Not going to argue that. As for a defensive mind, I can see why most people would put Belichick ahead of Rex. But it has been a while since the Patriots had a legit defense.

By saying "possibly", I'm just saying that you have to at least be open to Rex being in the discussion.