Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-07-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Various reports indicate Mad Men had to shell out $250,000 to get the rights to use The Beatles' "Tomorrow Never Knows" at the end of last night's episode.

Holdout money well spent, Weiner.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Various reports indicate Mad Men had to shell out $250,000 to get the rights to use The Beatles' "Tomorrow Never Knows" at the end of last night's episode.

Holdout money well spent, Weiner.
Funny, the first thing I thought when I heard it was how expensive that scene must have been. Well worth it but you almost never hear the Beatles on TV because of that price tag. Didn't know it would be that much.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I was wondering that myself, but what a perfect song choice/placement

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Funny, the first thing I thought when I heard it was how expensive that scene must have been. Well worth it but you almost never hear the Beatles on TV because of that price tag. Didn't know it would be that much.
Ringo and Paul had to sign off on it, but they were happy to because they apparently love the show.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

And yes, it was totally worth it. The scene was awesome.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The elevator scene was classic Mad Men. A seemingly normal scene capped off by a totally unexpected and rattling (even as a viewer) reference to a brutal death. I mean, in a busy office setting, who here would know for sure the elevator door isn't opening to your death before you realize it? just brilliant.

It could come back and actually get someone, perhaps in a state of hysteria or whatever as they are storming out, even Megan, but it might not be Mad Men's style. I think another lawn-mower-in-the-office moment is coming though.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Lawn mower scene, FTW.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

"Why do they get to decide what's going to happen?"
Old 05-13-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preview for Dark Shadows, tonight's ep.

"Don is competitive. Roger looks for new business. Sally is faced with a challenge"

For some reason I have a feel that if someone is going to die this season, it's not going to happen in the finale.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

No, it'll happen in the penultimate episode, probably.

But tonight will probably be a big one too. 5 episodes to go means the final arc should begin.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm now becoming less and less sold that someone dies this season. Seems too obvious of a move for Weiner given how much they've been foreshadowing but who knows.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm now becoming less and less sold that someone dies this season. Seems too obvious of a move for Weiner given how much they've been foreshadowing but who knows.
Then why do it? It's even stranger to allude to it, but never have anything happen.

And really, no significant character has ever died. It's not like they keep going to that well.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slower episode so far... setting up a Don-Betty war of the century. Roger using the **** out of people.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Sally taking subtle jabs at her mother now. At Thanksgiving, telling Bobby they don't need to waste time saying what they're thankful for because "she's hungry," referring to Betty.

haha
Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Another good episode. Ginsberg vs. Don will be an equally interesting development going forward.

"Maybe I'll go to your house for thanksgiving and screw your wife!"
Old 05-13-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don was a douche that episode.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Slow, but good set-up episode for the rest of the season. We've been spoiled by the craziness of the last 4-5. Also, love how non-threatening Pete is. That poor bastard.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Have I already mentioned how I think Pete is gonna run over his train friend, Howard, with his car?
Old 05-13-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Don was a douche that episode.
I don't think about you at all.
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Have I already mentioned how I think Pete is gonna run over his train friend, Howard, with his car?
Wait, didn't you say Megan is going to die?

Last edited by Vikes99ej : 05-13-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Wait, you said Megan is going to die?
Separate predictions.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That episode was hilarious. Though I could do less with ***** Sally.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

The Ginsberg-Roger scene in his office was ******* fantastic.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

It seems so odd to have a Christmas episode in the middle of May.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
It seems so odd to have a Christmas episode in the middle of May.
Good thing it was a Thanksgiving episode.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote