Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-06-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Are you saying it was a good flag?
No just making fun of the ridiculous hate Boise gets on here.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama would mop/mow the ******* floor/grass with Boise State.
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Boise goes 2500 miles across the country and beats another top ten team in what was pretty much a home game for Virginia Tech. I hope they finally get some respect.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
So, Boise goes 2500 miles across the country and beats another top ten team in what was pretty much a home game for Virginia Tech. I hope they finally get some respect.
Judging from most of the posters here they won't.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not Boise State I hate. I just the traveshamockery that is the BCS.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They won't, and shouldn't. It shoudl take far more then this win to get to a national title game.

I can only pray Oregon State beats them or 2 teams in real conferences go undefeated and prevent it from happening.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurricanes losing two games impresses me more than Boise running the table...

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Next weeks games look incredible. Seems like lots of teams have great matchups.

Its gonna be a damn fun weekend with the NFL kicking off too.
Safe to say that my phone is goona be off the hook, and my ass is goona be stuck on my couch for all of saturday and sunday.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the guys is going to continue running, you have to tackle him. That was ********.
I was always taught to play to the whistle, the whistle clearly went and he decided to hit him anyway. It was unlucky but it was also a boneheaded play and a flag.

I also need to stop betting on football, it is going to severely shorten my life... LSU trying their hardest to give up the line against UNC and now BSU doing the same against VT... That's two wins for me though by a combined 2 points on the line so woot but seriously... teams could just go on with it and stop getting me excited then stressing me out!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They won't, and shouldn't. It shoudl take far more then this win to get to a national title game.

I can only pray Oregon State beats them or 2 teams in real conferences go undefeated and prevent it from happening.
says the dude with a terrelle pryor sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hate how they will beat Wyoming 55-17 and they will act like Boise is doing this against a BCS team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What are they supposed to do? Beat every team by 50 points? "Boise just winz gamezzzz". They beat the pac 10 champ last year and beat the ACC favorite this year. Do they have to go play Texas, Florida, and Oklahoma(who almost blew it against Utah State) in the same year?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont hate Boise so much as I hate the never ceasing pounding you get from:
1. Bandwagon fans
2. ESPN
3. Any CFB broadcast
4. ESPN
5. Bandwagon fans

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Alabama would mop/mow the ******* floor/grass with Boise State.
Like how they mopped the floor with Utah two years ago?

Boise State's schedule is weak, but that team is ******* talented. They come into California and pick off all the leftover talent that the Pac-10 misses on. And I'd be willing to say that this year, they're just as talented as any of the teams in the Pac-10.

They can't help what conference they're in or who they play. They'll play anywhere and have shown that they're fantastic under the spotlight on the big stage.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
says the dude with a terrelle pryor sig.
Which has what to do with anything I said? And if youre going to say Ohio State plays a weak schedule I suggest you look at it.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, Boise's too scared to play Rutgers. TRY ANAD PLAY A REAL TEAM!
but my lord, that was a great game, it's so great to see football back, and Boise did look pretty damn good out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I dont hate Boise so much as I hate the never ceasing pounding you get from:
1. Bandwagon fans
2. ESPN
3. Any CFB broadcast
4. ESPN
5. Bandwagon fans
You have to root for them, they are just too courageous. I don't even know how to describe how much courage it takes to play a football game on a green field when you're used to blue turf, especially a game against a team that is only ranked 7 spots below you. Keep in mind that according to a lot of point spreads they were only expected to win by 1 or 2 points. You haters just don't understand.

Edit: Luckily, Brent Musberger does.

Last edited by badgerbacker : 09-06-2010 at 10:59 PM.
badgerbacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The posters here were celebrating when Boise beat Oklahoma in that BCS Bowl.

But the thing is, Boise is no longer perceived to be the underdog anymore. They're the #3 team in the nation and just beat a lower ranked team. Sure, it was a great win. I think everyone can agree that it was hella impressive to win at essentially at home game for VaTech. What they've done over the past couple of years has been amazing considering their circumstances.

But just because you choose not to patronize the "young men from Boise" and choose to talk about them like they're another great team instead of some JUCO team that's just happy to be there doesn't mean you're hating on them or don't give them respect. Give me a ******* break. Especially after hearing Brent Musberger jerkin' their jock the entire time.

I'm sure they're still a feel good story to a lot of people, but for me that ended after they won their BCS game last year. I just don't see them as the little team that could anymore.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
What are they supposed to do? Beat every team by 50 points? "Boise just winz gamezzzz". They beat the pac 10 champ last year and beat the ACC favorite this year. Do they have to go play Texas, Florida, and Oklahoma(who almost blew it against Utah State) in the same year?
Yes, I'd love to see them play more then 1 or 2 ranked teams a year before they get handed a shot at the National championship. I know I'd love to see Ohio State get to play for the national title by simply beating an overrated Virginia Tech team and Oregon State.

Again, I'm not saying Boise isn't a talented and great team. Just that their schedule doesn't warrant a bid to a national title.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, I'd love to see them play more then 1 or 2 ranked teams a year before they get handed a shot at the National championship. I know I'd love to see Ohio State get to play for the national title by simply beating an overrated Virginia Tech team and Oregon State.

Again, I'm not saying Boise isn't a talented and great team. Just that their schedule doesn't warrant a bid to a national title.
o gawd... VT wins 10+ games a year and now they are overrated since they lost by 3? LOL wow.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Like how they mopped the floor with Utah two years ago?

Boise State's schedule is weak, but that team is ******* talented. They come into California and pick off all the leftover talent that the Pac-10 misses on. And I'd be willing to say that this year, they're just as talented as any of the teams in the Pac-10.

They can't help what conference they're in or who they play. They'll play anywhere and have shown that they're fantastic under the spotlight on the big stage.
This Alabama team is a much better team then that one was.

Teams can help what conference they're in. They're moving to MWC next year and I will not hate them nearly as much when they move to a slightly stronger schedule.

And no one said they're not talented. Just that their schedule isn't strong enough to earn a national championship bid.

Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
o gawd... VT wins 10+ games a year and now they are overrated since they lost by 3? LOL wow.
No, they're overrated because I don't think they're a top 10 team, even before this game. I thought they'd lose worse then this actually.

jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

these same guys who are hating on boise are the same guys who would not have given Suh the Heisman last year. Tradition went out when the games starting being broadcast in HD.

Quote:

Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Hurricanes losing two games impresses me more than Boise running the table...
I know right...can you imagine if we had Boise State's schedule? Beat VT and Oregon State and then cruise to a BCS bowl at the very least. It's like a vacation.

Try beating OSU, Pitt, USF, UNC, VT, GT, FSU, Clemson....plus throw in a decent trap game like UVA on the road. Good luck.

How do people even consider taking a team seriously because they beat 1 overrated team and might beat 1 mediocre team and a slew of garbage teams?

P-L you're defending Boise State but your Wolverines could probably beat them. If they can't defend Tyrod how can they defend Denard? Plus Richrod actually is smart enough to use his assets on offense, unlike Stinespring the WOAT OC in CFB history.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
these same guys who are hating on boise are the same guys who would not have given Suh the Heisman last year. Tradition went out when the games starting being broadcast in HD.
Wrong, I wanted Suh to win the Heisman.