Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-06-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Fans who think big time teams should travel to Boise don't know what they're talking about. You're never going to see a Texas or Alabama travel to Idaho to play in a 33,000 seat stadium. A stadium that Boise State only sold out twice last season...
You also don't see a Texas or Alabama scheduling them to come to their Stadium and play them. Scheduling works both ways. It's just one school is trying.
"The systems broken, the school's closed and the prison's open." - Kanye West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
You also don't see a Texas or Alabama scheduling them to come to their Stadium and play them. Scheduling works both ways. It's just one school is trying.
"The systems broken, the school's closed and the prison's open." - Kanye West.
No one wants to schedule Boise because there is nothing in it for them. Nothing good can come out of playing Boise, its like fighing a girl.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
And this was only a lose-lose for VT.

Its a win-win for Boise. If they lose, they lost @ a top 10 team. If they win its enough to get them into a national championship.
Except they didn't according to you and half the people on here. they lose, then they don't get the BCS paycheck if they win out. If they win, people immediately throw away VT's credibility.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except they didn't according to you and half the people on here. they lose, then they don't get the BCS paycheck if they win out. If they win, people immediately throw away VT's credibility.
They beat a top 10 team. I just don't think VT deserves to be a top 10 team. We'll see at the end of the season, but I doubt VT has any less then 3 losses and that won't make them a top 10 team.

And I threw away VT's credibility far before this game. I don't like Tyrod at all, but he was impressive today. I don't think they'll even be top 3 in their own conference.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If nobody is scheduling Boise State, then why are they playing big names teams every year? Georgia, VT, Oregon, Oregon State, etc have all scheduled them in recent years. It's not like Texas and Alabama are refusing to play any competition out of conference. Texas plays UCLA and Alabama plays Penn State this year. The difference in those schools and Boise is that Texas and Alabama also have tough games in conference. Boise State has no competition in conference. Texas and Alabama have the likes of Florida and OU to deal with.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
They beat a top 10 team. I just don't think VT deserves to be a top 10 team. We'll see at the end of the season, but I doubt VT has any less then 3 losses and that won't make them a top 10 team.

And I threw away VT's credibility far before this game. I don't like Tyrod at all, but he was impressive today. I don't think they'll even be top 3 in their own conference.
you said it best yourself when you said it's like fighting a girl. The only conference game I see VT losing is @Miami at this point, with them having to go to North Carolina being one I won't even predict until I see what happens to their team.

Quote:

Old 09-06-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
you said it best yourself when you said it's like fighting a girl. The only conference game I see VT losing is @Miami at this point, with them having to go to North Carolina being one I won't even predict until I see what happens to their team.
Yep, nothing good comes out of playing Boise.

I like Miami, UNC if they get their players, Florida State, and maybe Georgia Tech all to atleast have a good game with VT. I doubt they get through those games any better than 2-2, and thats where I got the 3 losses from.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like how Tyrod Taylor looked. Saw a few plays where he went through progressions, looked off receivers, and made nice throws. Mechanics seem solid with a quick-ish release. The Vick talk was not unfounded.

Also, Ryan Williams didn't put up great numbers, but he looked like the best back in the country.

What a great game!
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yep, nothing good comes out of playing Boise.

I like Miami, UNC if they get their players, Florida State, and maybe Georgia Tech all to atleast have a good game with VT. I doubt they get through those games any better than 2-2, and thats where I got the 3 losses from.
except they don't play FSU. They gotta beat UNC at Chapel Hill and GT at Lane Stadium. They haven't lost at Lane Stadium twice in a season since 2004-2005 if you consider fed-ex lane stadium on steroids. They lost to the pre-season #1 that year too. 2 years previous they lost twice in Lane. That's it. So they got their one loss out of the way.

Quote:

Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be scared of Boise State this year... they gave up 68 percent passing to a running qb.

Imagine them having to play a qb worth a damn, those DBs would not be able to keep up.

I, personally, don't think they should be granted a trip to the NCG based off of one game but that's just me. We have a whole season left to play so we'll see how this plays out.

But VT a traditional Defensive team was able to score 30 points on this BSU team.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not that I don't respect Boise State, it's that I hate them. I hate Ohio State too, doesn't mean that they're not a good team or they're not respected.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh... It's time like this I'm reminded how robbed we really were when the BCS pitted Boise St. and TCU against one another instead of letting them each play BCS schools.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hats off to Boise on playing a great game. They deserved the win.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bama has scheduled top 10 teams the last two years to open the season (VT, and Clemson) and ***** slapped both of them. Then went on to go undefeated in regular season SEC play both years.

Boise fans, imagine having to play a game like you just saw tonight 5 or 6 times a season (and then the conference championship game... followed by your bowl game) that's what it's like to play in the SEC.

Instead, they get to go back to playing teams like San Jose St. every week that Bama just beat 48-3 with backups and 3rd stringers... literally.

Boise certainly deserves respect, they're a good team and well coached.. but I didn't see one of the best 3 teams in the country tonight in DC... on either side.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say USC played the same quality teams in the PAC 10 during the Leinart-Bush era. :/

What is the worst that can happen? They get blown out? I've watched Ohio State lay turds on 3/4 of their past BCS bowl games. They don't lose all credibility.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I'd say USC played the same quality teams in the PAC 10 during the Leinart-Bush era. :/

What is the worst that can happen? They get blown out? I've watched Ohio State lay turds on 3/4 of their past BCS bowl games.
And many have been outspoken about it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
And many have been outspoken about it.
Why do the big time programs get a free pass when they lose BCS games and Boise doesn't get credit when they win?

Its all about money. The BCS is designed to get the cash cows in the money games at the end of the year. Everyone stuffs their pockets and goes home happy.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What is the worst that can happen? They get blown out? I've watched Ohio State lay turds on 3/4 of their past BCS bowl games. They don't lose all credibility.
cmon dude you can make fun of the pac-10 all you want but they are not comparable to the WAC.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:28 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure they're still a feel good story to a lot of people, but for me that ended after they won their BCS game last year. I just don't see them as the little team that could anymore.
They aren't the little team that could anymore, they are the little team that couldn't even get a chance to could.

Quote:
Nope, esspecially when our argument is that they are getting the title game handed to them.
I fail to see how having to go unbeaten for 2 and a half seasons is "getting the title game handed to them". If Alabama loses a game every season they are still a chance of making the title game, Boise have to go unbeaten for 2 and a half seasons to even get a chance.

Quote:
No one wants to schedule Boise because there is nothing in it for them. Nothing good can come out of playing Boise, its like fighing a girl.
A good analogy. Sure the "big" teams can gain nothing other than respect for beating a Boise State but they can't hide behind their schedules and conferences if they aren't willing to play them, it's not Boise State's fault that their conference is weak, they have done everything they can to address that.

I think the solution to all this is simple if they insist on keeping a BCS bowl system. Put FAR greater emphasis on Out of Conference games. Instead of overall schedule. Reward the teams that are willing to play real teams instead of cupcakes. So that teams in weak conferences are punished less if they make an effort to schedule real teams. So a team like Boise who play real OOC games get rewarded whilst those who beat up on cupcakes get punished. To help encourage and reward teams for playing real schedules again.

Quote:
If nobody is scheduling Boise State, then why are they playing big names teams every year? Georgia, VT, Oregon, Oregon State, etc have all scheduled them in recent years.
All of those teams are in weak BCS conferences that are looking for a boost to their own credibility(Georgia aside but still relevant). Basically they all know that they need to have beaten a major ranked team out of conference to have any chance of making a bowl game over the SEC and Big 12, pretty logical explanation.

Quote:
Texas plays UCLA and Alabama plays Penn State this year.
And their other OOC games? Also, those teams are teams they would expect to beat comfortably that will give them a boost because they are in strong conferences.

Quote:
I wouldn't be scared of Boise State this year... they gave up 68 percent passing to a running qb.
They did that clearly focusing on taking away the run though. That is what a running QB offers especially when they throw like Tyrod did today.

Quote:
Ugh... It's time like this I'm reminded how robbed we really were when the BCS pitted Boise St. and TCU against one another instead of letting them each play BCS schools.
Yep... pathetic bailout move by the BCS. Basically trying to minimise any potential controversy. Clever but pathetic.

I don't mind if Boise make it or not but they deserve a chance and the current system ruins that for them, I mean when the expectation to get a shot is to to schedule tough OOC games and have to win every single game to even get a mention that is flawed but I guess it is just another classic example of everything that is wrong with the BCS setup.

I really hope that a SEC, Big 12, Big 10 and PAC10 team goes unbeaten this year alongside Boise just for the absolute crapshoot that it would create. Can you imagine if it is Stanford and Ohio State that miss out so Texas and Florida can play instead of little old Boise and TCU. I want chaos!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:17 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
They aren't the little team that could anymore, they are the little team that couldn't even get a chance to could.

I fail to see how having to go unbeaten for 2 and a half seasons is "getting the title game handed to them". If Alabama loses a game every season they are still a chance of making the title game, Boise have to go unbeaten for 2 and a half seasons to even get a chance.

A good analogy. Sure the "big" teams can gain nothing other than respect for beating a Boise State but they can't hide behind their schedules and conferences if they aren't willing to play them, it's not Boise State's fault that their conference is weak, they have done everything they can to address that.

I think the solution to all this is simple if they insist on keeping a BCS bowl system. Put FAR greater emphasis on Out of Conference games. Instead of overall schedule. Reward the teams that are willing to play real teams instead of cupcakes. So that teams in weak conferences are punished less if they make an effort to schedule real teams. So a team like Boise who play real OOC games get rewarded whilst those who beat up on cupcakes get punished. To help encourage and reward teams for playing real schedules again.

All of those teams are in weak BCS conferences that are looking for a boost to their own credibility(Georgia aside but still relevant). Basically they all know that they need to have beaten a major ranked team out of conference to have any chance of making a bowl game over the SEC and Big 12, pretty logical explanation.

And their other OOC games? Also, those teams are teams they would expect to beat comfortably that will give them a boost because they are in strong conferences.

They did that clearly focusing on taking away the run though. That is what a running QB offers especially when they throw like Tyrod did today.

Yep... pathetic bailout move by the BCS. Basically trying to minimise any potential controversy. Clever but pathetic.

I don't mind if Boise make it or not but they deserve a chance and the current system ruins that for them, I mean when the expectation to get a shot is to to schedule tough OOC games and have to win every single game to even get a mention that is flawed but I guess it is just another classic example of everything that is wrong with the BCS setup.

I really hope that a SEC, Big 12, Big 10 and PAC10 team goes unbeaten this year alongside Boise just for the absolute crapshoot that it would create. Can you imagine if it is Stanford and Ohio State that miss out so Texas and Florida can play instead of little old Boise and TCU. I want chaos!

What a bunch of garbage... you CANNOT be serious.

What's Bama's OOC schedule like other than Penn St. you ask? WELL, they just beat one of Boise St.'s conference brethren to a pulp with backups and 3rd stringers...

You want to credit a team that plays 10 cupcakes and 2 legit opponents every year like Boise, yet discredit a team that plays 10 legitimate opponents and 2 cupcakes every year? Ridiculous...

Boise St. has NO IDEA what it's like to put their season on the line EVERY Saturday... that's what you do in the SEC.

I would love a playoff... So Bama could leave the SEC, become an independent, make a schedule equal to Boise's every year, and just sit back and wait for the playoff's to begin....

Nonsense... SEC fans wouldn't stand for it. They don't WANT a free ride to the title game... all they expect is for their opponent in the title game to have EARNED their way there also. Not to mention there's too much history and too many rivalries at stake.

Bama could possibly have to face a team like Florida 3 times in one season if they stayed in the SEC and had a playoff (once in the regular season, conference championship game, and again in the playoffs) Do you really think Boise could beat Florida 3 times in one season?

Oh.. and Alabama HAS went undefeated the past 2 years in regular season play too... except they've done it against a schedule that's roughly 40 times harder than what Boise has had to face. Alabama will face a half dozen teams this year that are coming off bye weeks... that's UNHEARD OF...

Are you new to college football?
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel that Boise St. going to the BCS Championship game would be the best thing for College Football. Not because I think they are somehow more deserving, but because it would be the catalyst in making the BCS create a playoff system.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:01 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Helluva win by Boise. Kellen Moore is onions in crunch time. As far as the title game/bcs argument is concerned:

The way I see it, there are 8-10 teams every year that are "elite" and gobble up much of the high school talent. Then you have a huge field of teams in BCS and non-BCS conferences that are essentially bowl teams ranging from 6 to lets say 9 wins. I don't see much of a difference between alot of these teams quite frankly. They have a handful of good players, and not too much else. I don't see a big difference between Fresno State, Hawaii and Nevada (all WAC teams) and Arizona State, Clemson, Tennessee, Cincinnatti, Michigan State.... the Wac isn't the SEC or the Big 10 but it's not the sun belt or 1AA either. Let's see what everything looks like at the end of the year before we rush to judgement.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:

That loss to Texas was hardly laying a turd considering they covered the spread and played much better then expected with a true freshman.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

First, I don't care what Boise did over the last year and a half. That got them their preseason ranking. Picking whose going to the National Championship, it only matters what happened this year. Boise won't do enough to earn it this season in my mind.

If OSU, Standford, Texas, and Florida went undefeated like you suggest, I wouldn't hate OSU getting snubbed nearly as much as I would if Bama goes undefeated, OSU has 1 loss, and Boise plays Bama.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Helluva win by Boise. Kellen Moore is onions in crunch time. As far as the title game/bcs argument is concerned:

The way I see it, there are 8-10 teams every year that are "elite" and gobble up much of the high school talent. Then you have a huge field of teams in BCS and non-BCS conferences that are essentially bowl teams ranging from 6 to lets say 9 wins. I don't see much of a difference between alot of these teams quite frankly. They have a handful of good players, and not too much else. I don't see a big difference between Fresno State, Hawaii and Nevada (all WAC teams) and Arizona State, Clemson, Tennessee, Cincinnatti, Michigan State.... the Wac isn't the SEC or the Big 10 but it's not the sun belt or 1AA either. Let's see what everything looks like at the end of the year before we rush to judgement.
The WAC is a joke. They're all terrible teams outside of Boise. You can defend Boise all you want because of what they've done, but there is no denying that the wac is a complete joke.