Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-03-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay Rutgers football!
boo our O looking like garbage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just rewatched the southern miss- south carolina game. Am I the only one who thought that DeAndre Brown looked injured, he looked way slower than he is supposed to

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronald Johnson looked like a man amongst boys last night, albeit against diminutive opposition. If he can continue this dominance throughout conference play as well (very plausible when you have an elite college QB), then I could see him entering first round consideration, and possibly leaping past one or two of Floyd, Green, Baldwin or Jones. The dude has it all from a physical perspective, he's just never had the fortune of good health on his side.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU is about to tear the tarhells a new one with all these suspensions

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Ronald Johnson looked like a man amongst boys last night, albeit against diminutive opposition. If he can continue this dominance throughout conference play as well (very plausible when you have an elite college QB), then I could see him entering first round consideration, and possibly leaping past one or two of Floyd, Green, Baldwin or Jones. The dude has it all from a physical perspective, he's just never had the fortune of good health on his side.
Yup, if he stays healthy, he'll be shooting up draft boards.

That freshman WR they have looks like a future star in the making, too.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see them blowing us out of the water, maybe its just hopeful thinking but what has you sold on them on being a good team?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else really impressed with South Carolina's Stephen Garcia??? Particularly on that last scoring drive, he threw two absolutely perfect back shoulder fades. Other than the comeback, a pass like that is just about the toughest to defend.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Johnson should have a big year with that offense but i'm not sure about Bob Davies saying he's the best WR in the country, west of the Mississippi maybe.

The USC defense is picking right up where they left off, they seem to be fine with the athletic ability on that side of the ball but the instincts are lacking.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Johnson should have a big year with that offense but i'm not sure about Bob Davies saying he's the best WR in the country, west of the Mississippi maybe.

The USC defense is picking right up where they left off, they seem to be fine with the athletic ability on that side of the ball but the instincts are lacking.
ryan broyles and the starting pair of boise are two things that come to mind quickly

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-03-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just have to say that that Hawaii-USC game was rockin' entertainment last night. The vibe at the stadium was awesome. Even though Hawaii lost, they really hung in there with the Trojans and showed me enough that I think we'll have a great season ahead. Boise St better watch out. Hawaii put up 588 yards of offense against USC and the 49-36 score is more than acceptable from Hawaii's POV. That may have been a loss, but that was a moral victory too. Our 3rd string QB Shane Austin looks like the real deal. If he isn't made the starter, then I will be pissed as hell. The defense constantly gave up big plays and the tackling was atrocious, but that was USC afterall.

Mad props to WR Greg Salas and QB Shane Austin! Woo!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only problem with your logic is that Boise St is probably better than USC. In as much as Hawaii gives everyone a hard time, especially over there, i doubt they'll beat Boise in Boise.

USC i think is a program on the decline, they'll get their 5 star players but the defense is really weak and i expect some surprising losses this year.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only problem with your logic is that Boise St is probably better than USC. In as much as Hawaii gives everyone a hard time, especially over there, i doubt they'll beat Boise in Boise.

USC i think is a program on the decline, they'll get their 5 star players but the defense is really weak and i expect some surprising losses this year.
The only problem with your logic is that I didn't say Hawaii was going to beat Boise. I just said they better watch out.

People are overrating Boise right now too. Better than USC? I wanna see it first.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's safe to say that practice next week for the Trojans will be very interesting to follow on the defensive side of the ball. I swear the defense missed 3X more tackles than they made last night.

The most disappointing part of the whole defensive mess was the inability of our corners to tackle, and missed assignments by safeties that allowed the Hawaii receivers to get behind them for big plays. The secondary doesn't appear to be comfortable with Monte Kiffin's zone-heavy coverage schemes at the moment.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

I thought the USC safeties just looked lost when they were defending the deep ball leading to a reception and a pass interference whilst the receiver was straight inbetween the two safeties (well once is was kennard and starling)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-03-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I thought the USC safeties just looked lost when they were defending the deep ball leading to a reception and a pass interference whilst the receiver was straight inbetween the two safeties (well once is was kennard and starling)
They relied too much on the middle linebacker to be 30 yards down the middle of the field and that isnt going to work. In the past they had Mays back there to cover that middle, now not so much.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They relied too much on the middle linebacker to be 30 yards down the middle of the field and that isnt going to work. In the past they had Mays back there to cover that middle, now not so much.
Aside from Jurrell Casey, we don't have the horses up front to run the Tampa 2 consistently and effectively.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whoever the **** they had last night at MLB was terrible.

Also, the draw is a much more dangerous play in college than it is in the NFL. Dropping the MLB so deep was killing them in against the draw, and if they continue to scheme that way, it's going to keep killing them. Especially with a guy who has zero field awareness like the guy they started last night.

The defensive line also looked completely gassed after a quarter.

Their defense is just terrible overall.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

They started a sophomore there named Kennard, he looked pretty athletic but was constantly out of position. After that they alternated Galippo, who has really gone down hill the last couple of years, without using cliches he's probably the more headier of the two but slower than the gains on my 401k.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew USC's defense was in trouble when I saw that Nikell Robey was a starting corner.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I knew USC's defense was in trouble when I saw that Nikell Robey was a starting corner.
surely wasnt the worst player on defense

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin

Last edited by wicket : 09-03-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
He was terrible but you'd have to tell me if he's any good being a freshman and all.

They're an interesting team. Several 1st rounders on offense and a dog#### defense.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Anyone else really impressed with South Carolina's Stephen Garcia??? Particularly on that last scoring drive, he threw two absolutely perfect back shoulder fades. Other than the comeback, a pass like that is just about the toughest to defend.
The guy gets a lot of hate. But I really like his game, he has some Romo in him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robey isn't necessarily bad. He was a 4 star recruit. However, he is on the small side and could have probably used some time in a college S&C program before seeing significant playing time. It just says a lot about USC's depth and talent when an undersized true freshman corner who wasn't an early enrollee is starting game one.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The guy gets a lot of hate. But I really like his game, he has some Romo in him.
He looked improved last night and I'm not sure why SS and everyone is trying to create QB controvesry when Garcia should be the clear cut starter. Even though he played great with so much talk about Shaw it makes u think after every interception the backup will be in.

I'm sure he will be great agian agianst my dawgs bc thats what we do to QB make them look like all americans
Old 09-03-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
He looked improved last night and I'm not sure why SS and everyone is trying to create QB controvesry when Garcia should be the clear cut starter. Even though he played great with so much talk about Shaw it makes u think after every interception the backup will be in.

I'm sure he will be great agian agianst my dawgs bc thats what we do to QB make them look like all americans
Steve Spurrier's mantra for his entire career has been to dick around with his QBs head, especially if he has little faith in the guy.