Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Even without the DUI's, I'm not sure he's worth Brandon Marshall money, which last I heard, is what he's aiming for. That or even better. He isn't worth that.
In a non-alcoholic vacuum I wouldn't hesitate taking VJ over Marshall. But that's not reality. He's already going to be serving a 3 game suspension this season and is one incident away from the full season. This holdout is so unnecessary and I'm bitter about it.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
In a non-alcoholic vacuum I wouldn't hesitate taking VJ over Marshall. But that's not reality. He's already going to be serving a 3 game suspension this season and is one incident away from the full season. This holdout is so unnecessary and I'm bitter about it.
you're being a homer, Marshall has done more, with less around him, and has been doing it longer than a year. Plus Marshall can do many things well, other than run deep and out jump the defender which really is what VJ is
Old 08-28-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
you're being a homer, Marshall has done more, with less around him, and has been doing it longer than a year. Plus Marshall can do many things well, other than run deep and out jump the defender which really is what VJ is
Don't call me a homer, I have legit reasons to make that call. I think Marshall has benefited hugely from being targeted a million times a game and his deep game is a joke compared to VJ, who can box out at a level that's extremely comparable to BM.

Jackson's spent his career opposite Gates and a million other options, so the #s are in Marshall's favor but talent wise, I'd easily choose VJ.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ncent-jackson/

Quote:
Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith has asked for a second-round pick in 2011 and a third-round pick in 2012 in exchange for Jackson.

Combine those draft picks and Jackson's disputed asking price on a new contract, and you can understand why there hasn't been a trade.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Yes for the price of Charlie Whitehurst you too can have a pro bowl wideout.

:D yah it's not the exact terms but doesn't sound a disproportionately high price to me. The cost of resigning him though...
Old 09-02-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it wasn't for the off field trouble I think the price would be higher, but if it wasn't for the off field trouble I think SD would have all ready locked him up so...
Old 09-02-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think a 2nd one year and a 3rd the next is that bad. The 5 year $50 million demand is pretty vague unless I missed something, how much of that does he want guaranteed?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't think a 2nd one year and a 3rd the next is that bad. The 5 year $50 million demand is pretty vague unless I missed something, how much of that does he want guaranteed?
he wants 30 million guaranteed so. that puts a damper on everything. wants to be a top 3 paid wr in the nfl ???

the guy needs to ask for a personal driver instead of 30 mill guaranteed cash.
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers trading for Crayton tells me everything I need to know. Don't expect to see Vincent Jackson wearing Powder Blues every again.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping they'd trade Jackson and not trade for Crayton. I have Malcolm Floyd on my ff team. I hope Crayton doesn't steal points from him.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's more of an indictment of "Bust-er" Davis as their slot receiver I think.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's still on the team?

More options for Rivers means less touches for Floyd. Boo. I hate you AJ Smith, you arrogant unaccomplished douchebag.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Chargers trading for Crayton tells me everything I need to know. Don't expect to see Vincent Jackson wearing Powder Blues every again.

sadly, not news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's still on the team?

More options for Rivers means less touches for Floyd. Boo. I hate you AJ Smith, you arrogant unaccomplished douchebag.
lol I don't think you have to worry about Buster Davis. He put up 4 catches for 82 yards yesterday so basically he's done for the year.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
sadly, not news.

lol I don't think you have to worry about Buster Davis. He put up 4 catches for 82 yards yesterday so basically he's done for the year.
Crayton will steal touches from Floyd though. That hurts my team.

I was banking on Floyd being a sleeper. Now I gotta hope Berrian, Rice, McCluster, or MoMas step up as a sleeper for me.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm telling you guys, Ewing Theory cancels out everything else with the Chargers.

It is Tiki w/the Giants all over again.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Crayton will steal touches from Floyd though. That hurts my team.

I was banking on Floyd being a sleeper. Now I gotta hope Berrian, Rice, McCluster, or MoMas step up as a sleeper for me.
Crayton won't start over Floyd or Naanee though.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I'm telling you guys, Ewing Theory cancels out everything else with the Chargers.

I think Shawne Merriman is the key to the Chargers season. If he bounces back, they're a legit SB favorite in my eyes. Without him, they still have a mediocre pass rush.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Crayton won't start over Floyd or Naanee though.
Won't have to. He'll play slot in 3rd and long, and he'll get his touches.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Won't have to. He'll play slot in 3rd and long, and he'll get his touches.
yah but none of the bombs that Floyd would be catching. Norv shifts the RB out to the slot a lot too, along with Gates. It's a surprisingly unproductive position in this offense.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The Ewing Theory is also ********.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
yah but none of the bombs that Floyd would be catching. Norv shifts the RB out to the slot a lot too, along with Gates. It's a surprisingly unproductive position in this offense.
Im hoping Floyd gets that single coverage. I know Rivers loves to throw it up there when he sees single coverage with those mountains on the outside.

Hopefully Floyd plays the role of Vincent Jackson this year. I know he won't be a Vincent Jackson, but if he can give me like 800 yards and 8 tds, I'll be satisfied.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:

The only reason I think this is even remotely discussable is because these stupid Bolts are really emotional and I guarantee Ladainian talks **** about them during the year.

Quote:
Im hoping Floyd gets that single coverage. I know Rivers loves to throw it up there when he sees single coverage with those mountains on the outside.

Hopefully Floyd plays the role of Vincent Jackson this year. I know he won't be a Vincent Jackson, but if he can give me like 800 yards and 8 tds, I'll be satisfied.

He got the 800 last year and only started about 8 games (chris chambers). He's going to put up terrific numbers this year if he's healthy.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Seahawks are negotiating hard right now, both with the Chargers and the Jackson camp...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would not be shocked at all to see Floyd have a pretty big year.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bump for a trade deadline . . .

4pm EST for VJax to have a 4 game suspension.

Anybody think it'll happen?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote