Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Bump for a trade deadline . . .

4pm EST for VJax to have a 4 game suspension.

Anybody think it'll happen?
Vikings are supposedly close. Per PFT, San Diego wants a 2nd and a 3rd, Minnesota is offering a 2nd and a conditional future pick based on whether they resign him long term or not.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd and a 4th will get it done.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get it done! My WRs suck on FF and i have him stashed on my bench

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at the rate minny is playing right now, the 2nd and 3rd looks quite nice.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bump for a trade deadline . . .

4pm EST for VJax to have a 4 game suspension.

Anybody think it'll happen?
I don't think it gets done. i guess we find out in an hour and change.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make it happen. Things are more interesting that way.

Also, fantasy.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would be pretty silly to not at least get some thing for him, I really don't see any way he plays for SD again.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SD will be fine without him or McNeil.

Jackson will hurt them more than McNeil, but with the picks they get in return, they'll reload and keep it moving.

I still think they made a mistake getting Mathews over Dez. Dez was perfect for SD and Phillip Rivers.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how SD wins in this mess. Would the comp pick be any higher than a 2 / 4 combo? Is the franchise tag & trade going to be any smoother than the current situation?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see how SD wins in this mess. Would the comp pick be any higher than a 2 / 4 combo? Is the franchise tag & trade going to be any smoother than the current situation?
Well if the Chargers don't trade him then he has to sign his tender before week 11 or he won't become a free agent at the end of the year. So maybe San Diego values having him for a third of the season and the playoffs more than they do a 2nd and a 4th.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've read, the Chargers want a 2nd and 3rd and the Vikings are offering a 2nd and a conditional pick, likely starting out to be a 5th and moving up depending on how Jackson and the Vikings perform, but the Chargers would only get that pick if the Vikings sign Jackson long term. The Chargers would get a 3rd round compensational pick under the old cba guidelines, but we know nothing about what a new cba would give them for compensation. So unless the Vikings offer more, the Chargers will have to decide if a guaranteed 2nd rounder and a possible, but unlikely(I think Jackson will sign elsewhere) conditional pick is worth more than a likely 3rd round pick and an unhappy Jackson for the last few weeks and playoffs.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
SD will be fine without him or McNeil.

Jackson will hurt them more than McNeil, but with the picks they get in return, they'll reload and keep it moving.

I still think they made a mistake getting Mathews over Dez. Dez was perfect for SD and Phillip Rivers.
Not as good a fit as Naanee/Floyd/Davis, still can't believe I'm typing Davis. Ryan was clearly the bigger need and I wouldn't swap him for Dez. You know BBD you keep bringing up this point, and between that and your assertion that Rivers doesn't make adjustments/the whole offense is deep balls and check downs to Sproles, you have been very wrong about the bolts of late and it makes me sad.

Quote:
It's probably more about sticking it to VJ at this point if I'm going to be honest about AJ. This guy has two DUIs and got arrested the day of the playoff game, and then holds out? I love jackson and even I can say that's a dick move.

I'd rather have him for the playoffs and get a 3rd vs. getting just a 2nd, so if the compensation's not right, let him sit out. Offense will roll regardless.

McNeill's case is just embarrassing considering Dombrowski is out there beasting. awkward...
Old 09-22-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can definitely understand the hesitation with the conditional pick being tied to re-signing. That's just stupid.

I also understand the potential value late in the season, but I can't imagine the Chargers could trust him to come in and perform for them.

It just seems like a situation that's guaranteed to turn into another headache next year w/a franchise tag.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I can definitely understand the hesitation with the conditional pick being tied to re-signing. That's just stupid.

I also understand the potential value late in the season, but I can't imagine the Chargers could trust him to come in and perform for them.

It just seems like a situation that's guaranteed to turn into another headache next year w/a franchise tag.
I don't think they tag him, he'll walk. McNeill and Merriman are probably better candidates for the tag.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Davis can stay healthy, we should be ok without VJ. Davis has never been bad, actually. He gets open and has some of the best hands on the team. Philip was on radio yesterday talking about how closely he worked with Buster this offseason, similarly to how he broke in Floyd and VJ. The problem is Davis is so injury prone that I really cannot see it lasting.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was the Chargers, I would be happy with a second as it was because its clear he is gone one way or another. To not give up this guy for a 2nd and a 4th is crazy.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
If I was the Chargers, I would be happy with a second as it was because its clear he is gone one way or another. To not give up this guy for a 2nd and a 4th is crazy.
That's what I'm thinking. Plus it's picks for the 2011 draft instead of waiting an additional year for the 2012 comp pick.

I'd rip the Chargers FO for it if my own favorite owner hadn't just acted like a giant highschool girl; ruining NE's chances of getting Mankins back in the fold over a forced public apology.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

deadline is past. according to schefter the agent is dropping archie manning references lollll, that's crying into your beer if I ever heard it...the saga of the most ill advised holdout ever continues.

Meanwhile Gates and Rivers enjoy their superstar contracts. Thanks for showing up guys.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...jackson-trade/

Quote:
The deadline for trading receiver Vincent Jackson has come and gone, and the player remains the property of the Chargers.

Agent Neil Schwartz tells us that he had worked out with more than one team an acceptable contract for Jackson, and that the deal did not get done.

Schwartz blames the lack of a deal on the Chargers' demands.

"Other General Managers, felt that the Chargers were being totally unreasonable," Schwartz told us by phone.

"Archie Manning had it right about this organization," Schwartz said.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam schefter's twitter
Vincent Jackson's agent Jonathan Feinsod: "Archie Manning had it right. They call (A.J. Smith) 'The Lord of No Rings' for a reason."

LOL yes obviously these are great agents.

Damn AJ is obviously a bad GM for not caving to these guys.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would not see it as caving I would see it as getting some thing for a player that is not in SD's plans moving forward.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Jackson's agent rips AJ Smith

Both from Schefter's twitter

Quote:
Jackson's agent Jonathan Feinsod: "Archie Manning had it right.They call (A.J. Smith)'The Lord of No Rings' for a reason."

Quote:
There will be no trade for Vincent Jackson today, despite the fact that 1 team, presumably MN, tried hard to get it done.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

'The Lord of No Rings' wow burn...
Old 09-22-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
LOL yes obviously these are great agents.

Damn AJ is obviously a bad GM for not caving to these guys.
It makes me think of American Pickers where some 90 year old man doesn't want to sell some piece of junk he's had sitting, rotting and rusting on his property for 30 years.

Even a straight up 2nd round pick for Jackson would be great. He's not doing anything for you, and you have to wonder if Jackson will even bother showing up late in the season now.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when does this make Jackson eligible to play again? I picked him up in fantasy in the event they traded him today but now I guess I might as well drop him.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote