Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 03-18-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 5 guys you want your team to get

Alrightname 5 guys you want to committ to your team. Make sure your team actually has somewhat of a chance....

Will Hill
McGuffie
Scott
Shugarts
Daryl Stornum/Baldwin

Will Hill would pretty much make this class for me, although if i could take one onther player it would probably me Arthur Brown, but im not sure if i see him going too far from home yet.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Micheal Brewster OG - Interior line help is a need

T.J. Bryant CB/WR - RoJo will most likely be at WR leaving a gap next year at corner.

Will Hill/ATH - I don't how legitimate a shot SC has at him, but after watching highlights of him I was blown away. He can play any skilled position in college.

Gerrell Robinson/WR - If Arizona doesn't win 8 games next year Gerrell has stated he will decommit from his current "soft verbal" status. He's 6-4 225, runs a sub 4.6, and scouts have already said he's miles ahead of any receiver last year.

Micheal Floyd/WR - An all around WR who's fast and very physical as well. Don't know how much of shot SC has. but I would love to land him with Shoemate in this class.

Honerable mention-

Blake Ayles/TE
Xavier Brewer/CB
Nolan Brewster/S
Brandon Washington/OG
Ethan Johnson/DE

I left out Darrell Scott because of the talented RB depth. SC just signed a stud RB in Curtis Mcneal so that makes Scott pretty much a goner.

Last edited by elway777 : 03-18-2007 at 03:53 PM.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lol, you freakin USC fans should wait until the top 10 comes out and pick 5.

1. QB - Terrelle Pryor
2. OL - Vinson Painter
3. WR - Kenny Tate
4. RB - Demetrius Bronson
5. LB - Shayne Hale

Pipe dream (yet possible): Jon Major
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For BC-

Will Hill-He can do almost anything, and his best positions (DB and QB) will be a need especially after next season. I like him best at DB, he would be a great addition for BC.

Darrell Scott-Is a dream, BC doesnt really have a shot, butBC hasn't had a big-time RB since William Green, and Scott has the size and speed combination to be that threat. Josh Haden may be the more realistic guy. Plus, Our top 3 RBs are gone after next season so help will be needed.

Michael Brewster-Is a beast. We lost a lot of our OL to graduation this year, and will lose even more next year. Brewster looks like a great guard and BC could really use him.

Masengo Kabongo-Great looking DT prospect. Has substantial interest in BC as it is, so this is a reality. Has the quickness to fit our scheme as a DT to go along with great size for a high school junior.

Jonathan Baldwin-Has elite potential as a wideout with reported 4.4 speed to go along with his 6-6, 220 pound frame. If he chooses football over basketball I would love a target like that at BC. We have very little at WR and our top 2 for '08 are seniors.

We also will need some LB help, we are thin and about to graduate quite a few LBs. However I really like incoming frosh Will Thompson and Dan Williams, at least one of them could see the field very soon. Plus we have a few underclassmen LBs who look promising and havemt seen the field yet, so I would take DT, RB, WR, QB, OL, and DB over LB.

Feed Moncrief

Last edited by Don Vito : 03-18-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Lol, you freakin USC fans should wait until the top 10 comes out and pick 5.

What? I've only listed the best guys that have shown interest in SC, or that SC has offered.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

I'm saying you're USC, you'll end up with 5 of the top 10 overall.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Elway, I don't know about you, but I want USC to land some stud linemen on Defense and Offense this year more than any 5 star skill position player.

'SC is stocked with skill positions. It's the lines that they could build on.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
Elway, I don't know about you, but I want USC to land some stud linemen on Defense and Offense this year more than any 5 star skill position player.

'SC is stocked with skill positions. It's the lines that they could build on.
I included 3 stud lineman on that list.
I left out some lineman because we already have gotten 2 OT's, and most likely will land Khaled Holmes who will play guard in college. Also on D-line we have gotten 1 DE and have a great chance at guys like Jurrell Casey(soft verbal) and Jammar Jarrett.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Michigan
1. Darrell Scott
2. Will Hill
3. Arthur Brown
4. Khaled Holmes
5. Darryl Sonum
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan-
Will Hill
Old 03-18-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbs24 View Post
Michigan
1. Darrell Scott
2. Will Hill
3. Arthur Brown
4. Khaled Holmes
5. Darryl Sonum
Khaled isn't much of a prospect actually Newbs. He's very soft and weak for an O-lineman at this point.(his bench is around 265)Though he has only gotten this far in the media by playing for Mater Dei and having good enough size.Im not saying he isnt a good player, but if your putting together 5 guys that you want this year, well Khaled shouldn't make the cut.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Filer and Floyd, who I think are the best of the probable commits. I'd love to see Arthur Brown, Julio Jones, Will Hill, they all have offers but are all longshots.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ohio State

1. Mike Adams (already got him)
2. Terrelle Pryor
3. Mike Brewster
4. Devoe Torrence (personal fav)
5. Aj Greene (best player available)
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Has there been a new interview with Greene since he said the reports of him wavering on his commitment were completely false?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Will Hill
2. Darrell Scott
3. J.B. Shugarts
4. Jonathan Baldwin
5. Arthur Brown
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
TheMikey10
Rookie

TheMikey10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For Cal
DE Courtney Campbell
QB Dayne Crist
OL Alan Carroll
WR Kemonte Bateman
TE Blake Ayles
LB Anthony McDonals
OL Tyler Rigsbee (we got him)

ya its more than 5, whatever
Old 03-20-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Has there been a new interview with Greene since he said the reports of him wavering on his commitment were completely false?

I've heard he is solid. There is some talk of him possibly being on the border of qualifying though.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
I've heard he is solid. There is some talk of him possibly being on the border of qualifying though.
I thought so too. I guess OSU fans think they can get anyone, rather they're already committed or not.

Sucks he might not qualify, he would be fun to watch with Stafford in a couple years when Matt is a JR.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Nobody around OSU land thinks we'll get AJ Greene.

The thread was titled 5 guys you want your team to get. Not 5 guys you think will sign lois with your team. Hence, you put down your 5 players in the nation you want most.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But he also said in the first post to make sure your team actually has a chance at getting the players. Now obviously I don't follow Ohio State recruiting like you do, but I've never heard any indication that Ohio State has a chance with him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

my bad, i missed that part.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:30 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

1 - Blaine Gabbert
2- Jason Ford
3 - Sam Maresh
4 - Garrett Goebel
5 - Supo Sanni
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Hey crazy Iowa guy. I put some Combine standouts on my Hotlist from another site just to follow a bit and see how they do in the future. Blaine Gabbert was one of them, that dude put up some insane numbers especially for a big white QB. I didn't realize he was going to be a highly recruited guy for someone to put him #1 on their wish list. Is he expected to be in the 4* area?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Only one for my bears:
Blake Ayles/TE

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42 View Post
Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.
DLS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Now that elway777 has made me see the light I am taking off Khaled Holmes and putting on Trevor Robinson. I hope he sees more of the campus on Friday and Saturday and really takes a liking toit. We need to make up some MAJOR ground on ND and Nebraska. I have heard he is a Nebraska silent but they also think they get anybody that they really want.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote