Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 08-27-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First round of cuts for us is on Saturday?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To weigh in on the fullbacks, I think we could save room for all 3. I hated it last year, but in all honesty all 3 guys bring value.
Kuhn has been very good so far, he should be our main contributor. Hall is a very solid special teamer, and Quinn is finally developing right. He had a couple sick blocks tonight, Id hate to let him go. If he improves on his catching and continues to make strides he could be the starter in a year. I don't want to let any of these guys go for free.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:03 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Quinn, he's a good player, same with the TE crew(Finley, Havner, Quarless, Lee, Crabtree) but I don't know if I see them keeping all 3 FB's and 5 TE's

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these guys traded for another legit OLB down the road

Quinn seems like he'd fit in more with a power running team. With this offense, having a guy like Hall who can catch passes out of the backfield is huge. Quinn is good, but he's just not the best fit for this sort of team, so thats why I think he gets either cut or perhaps even traded. Same with one of the TE's(Either Donald Lee or Crabtree IMO)

Sam Shields is definitely making the squad, and with him taking over on 1st team ST unit...I think we may finally be rid of some baaaaad bush(nobody likes a bad bush) so thats a win/win situation right there

I'm really, really not seeing too much from Pat Lee tbh, and Underwood, while showing flashes, is still pretty inconsistent. Won't be surprised to see the Pack trade for an OLB/CB or even more Safety depth using some of the pieces they have at certain deep positions. Bedard also speculated that he wouldn't be surprised if the Packers traded one of the punters, which is possible considering they were able to trade a LS the other year
Old 08-27-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm really, really not seeing too much from Pat Lee tbh, and Underwood, while showing flashes, is still pretty inconsistent.
I think that's the biggest negative to take away from this game and this whole pre-season. I agree and that was our biggest worry coming off of last year when we allowed 400 yards a game passing to the Vikings, Steelers, and Cardinals, and then drafted a total of zero CB's in the Draft. It seems that the only way we can get real good CB's is to trade for (Al Harris) or sign as free agent (Charles).
The young ones just don't seem to develop here.

I still think Tramon is only a decent nickelback, nothing more. We get hurt if he has to to start and matchup with good WRs.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:11 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys just wanna say that Rodgers guy looked good last night, you might wanna keep him around.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I like Quinn, he's a good player, same with the TE crew(Finley, Havner, Quarless, Lee, Crabtree) but I don't know if I see them keeping all 3 FB's and 5 TE's

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these guys traded for another legit OLB down the road

Quinn seems like he'd fit in more with a power running team. With this offense, having a guy like Hall who can catch passes out of the backfield is huge. Quinn is good, but he's just not the best fit for this sort of team, so thats why I think he gets either cut or perhaps even traded. Same with one of the TE's(Either Donald Lee or Crabtree IMO)

Sam Shields is definitely making the squad, and with him taking over on 1st team ST unit...I think we may finally be rid of some baaaaad bush(nobody likes a bad bush) so thats a win/win situation right there

I'm really, really not seeing too much from Pat Lee tbh, and Underwood, while showing flashes, is still pretty inconsistent. Won't be surprised to see the Pack trade for an OLB/CB or even more Safety depth using some of the pieces they have at certain deep positions. Bedard also speculated that he wouldn't be surprised if the Packers traded one of the punters, which is possible considering they were able to trade a LS the other year
I don't see us trading for a corner, because we're going to get another team's fringe player that won't be above Underwood or Lee anyway. I think the team likes these guys, they're just not quite there yet. Hopefully, Al Harris gets back soon and plays like he used to. I'm comfortable with our corners once you throw Al back in.

I also can't see us getting a safety with Burnett, Collins, Martin, Blackmon all going to make the team, Bigby returning eventually, and Peprah having a strong performance last night.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthew and Brad Jones need to heal up and apply heat from the outsides.

But this is (hopefully) the difference this year.
We know Farve hates heat up the middle.
Enter Mike Neal. And BJ Raji.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys don't get too excited about Raji and Neal. We probably have the worst interior OL in the league right now. Maybe the worst OL overall. I'm sure they will eventually be good but don't take last night's game as an indicator of what they're going to do every time.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Guys don't get too excited about Raji and Neal. We probably have the worst interior OL in the league right now. Maybe the worst OL overall.
Thanks. perhaps. But I think the Bears might have something to say about that.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Guys don't get too excited about Raji and Neal. We probably have the worst interior OL in the league right now. Maybe the worst OL overall. I'm sure they will eventually be good but don't take last night's game as an indicator of what they're going to do every time.
Neal has looked impressive against more teams than just the colts this preseason.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote