Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-28-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh.

Prince of Blades is a perfect fit, love him here. Nothing wrong with that pick. Potentially a little high relative to how other teams value him, but who cares? We have shown a track record that we don't.

Ziemba is more of a third round value. Limited to RT in the NFL. Not a bad thing, but still. If we fall in love with him and think Vollmer can be a great LT for us(I still think he can), then that's a good pick as Ziemba is a real good linemen and will make somebody happy, but I think I prefer a DE there like Watt or Cameron Jordan even.

Stefan Wisniewski is a good linemen, but can he play center and be an upgrade over Koppen?

Murray I like a lot, but he scares the **** out of me too because there's a very high Maroney factor there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So this is the first two rounds scenario I'm thinking right now...
1a. Prince of Blades
1b. Lee Ziemba
2a. Stefan Wisniewski
2b. DeMarco Murray
Not saying your's is bad but i'd go with:

Michael Floyd
Riley Reiff
JJ Watt
Mark Herzlich
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the hell is Prince of Blades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not saying your's is bad but i'd go with:

Michael Floyd
Riley Reiff
JJ Watt
Mark Herzlich
That would be a hell of a draft.

Prince of Blade=Ryan Kerrigan. Learn2Starcraft.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it then! :D

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of QB in the first round? I'm thinking, with 4 guys that have virtually no ceiling, there might be some options there with one of their picks.

There are a couple aspects to taking a QB.

-Tom Brady is 33. He's not very close to retiring, which means there's no pressure on any young QB they bring in to groom and be in an Aaron Rodgers situation in 4-5 years.

-The NFL might not have a season next year, so of all the positions to draft, QB is the best (WR is probably #2) if there's not going to be a season because he'd be sitting anyway, and can still be developed.

-They can take a guy like Cam Newton, who can add a lot of different looks to the current offense while he develops as a passer.

This is somewhat like the Tebow argument last year except Cam Newton, Jake Locker, or Ryan Mallet is simply better in every way. Colin Kaepernick could be a good pick in the 2nd or 3rd, too.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was more open to the Tebow idea last year simply because you knew that he had the work ethic and was ok with sitting for a few years before starting. Idk about Newton, he's playing great but I look at his O-line and its pretty impressive, he gets a lot of time to make up his mind. No thank you for Mallet, and I havent watched a ton of Locker so idk but I'd say were better off getting a position of need now. Although the NFL is saying to be prepared for a lock out, it's looking pretty likely. Heres hoping we finish this season well if thats the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't want anything to do with Cam Newton, and I doubt we do either. Not our type of player from a character standpoint. Don't like Mallet and his off the field issues/system stuff either.

Watching Crick closely tonight.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-04-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newton will be a top 5 pick, so NE won't have to worry about him.

He's way too talented to not be drafted high, even if there will be a massive learning curve for him.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not just talking about Newton. One of those 4 guys is likely to slip to the Pats' pick.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, for the same reason, I think opposite.
Tom Brady is 33, every pick used should be with the idea that it will help at a championship run
I believe Brady has a good 4 years left in him. So maybe in 2013, we'll draft a QB ala Rodgers

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quarterbacks can play well into their late 30's with the current set of rules in place. We have Brady locked up for long enough that we don't have to worry quite yet. Maybe in a few years. No reason to expect any decline from Brady yet, right in his quarterback prime.

Crick impressed the hell out of me last night. Perfect body for a 3-4 DE. Plays tall at DT, but that translates well to playing well at DE in a 3-4. His arms are very long, uses them well, quick enough to set the edge. Only concern is he is not very strong at this point. Does not hold the point of attack well and that's a major worry for me. Can be pushed back. Is that a product of playing in a phone booth and trying to get interior leverage to penetrate the backfield? Maybe. Could be better playing end, but he still needs to get stronger for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-05-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are a better off taking an elite pass rusher when one falls to us like Robert Quinn. If Quinn is available, I'd take him. You just don't get measurables like that very often.

I wouldn't object to Ryan Kerrigan or Justin Houston. Or Marcel Dareus, though I think he won't meet Belichick's desired measurables for DE.

And if you don't think Dareus could be available, that's fine. I don't really either at this point, but we will probably be top 8 or so. I think we could get into the top 6 if a lot of things go our way.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I would rate Crick ahead of Daerus in our system. Daerus is very strong, but doesn't have the right body type we like for a DE. Look at our draft history, all tall guys with length.

Agree about Quinn and Kerrigan, but I hope we can find a way to get both a DE and an OLB. Receiver would be good too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-11-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Ijalana looks like a freaking baller. We have program ties and a potential need at G/RT. Would love to have him here.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-14-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other than Kerrigan, what pass rushers fit your guys scheme? Von Miller? Justin Houston? Aldon Smith? Akeem Ayers?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:36 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller is a situational pass rusher in our defense and wouldnt warrant a first round selection, according to patriot reasoning. remember, last year BB said he drafted mccourty because he could play 4 downs. why would he pick miller who would only play 1 or 2 downs a series? Me and ROP are starting to get high on Ayers, we believe he would be tremendous in our system. Houston is def. a possibility as well

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Yeah, Ayers seems like a good fit as well. I have some issues with him though, I'm not sure that he'll be able to consistently pressure the QB. Houston and Aldon Smith should be considered as well. Houston for obvious reasons, Smith because of his physical tools. He should be able to get stronger and learn how to set the edge if we draft him. If he does that I could see him being a McGinnest-like player.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Ayers is a great fit for any team that doesn't want to play football. He's one of the softest linebackers I've ever seen. If he succeeds in the NFL, I will eat my words.

I wouldn't touch Von Miller, Akeem Ayers, or DaQuan Bowers (though Bowers most natural position maybe 34 DE, in spite of what lots of people say)
Old 12-14-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Other than Kerrigan, what pass rushers fit your guys scheme? Von Miller? Justin Houston? Aldon Smith? Akeem Ayers?
Think out of those guys, Aldon Smith and Justin Houston fit the bill best, Houston being the better of the two for us at this point because he's already a good linebacker. His height will be a big point of interest for us though. If he measures out below 6'3...look out. Sounds silly, but we've shown it time and time again we don't like guys who are short in our scheme.

Ayers is a good fit schematically, but there's some red flags about him as a player as descendency mentioned.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-14-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys for the answers! Still got one more question though...

If Kerrigan and Dareus are on the board who do you guys pick? Dareus seems to have more value right now but does he fit? Is OLB or DE a bigger need?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Thanks guys for the answers! Still got one more question though...

If Kerrigan and Dareus are on the board who do you guys pick? Dareus seems to have more value right now but does he fit? Is OLB or DE a bigger need?
That's tough to say. I've soured on Dareus a lot personally. Doesn't give us what we like in a 3-4 DE, so I would like Kerrigan.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-14-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it honestly depends on how the board plays out..... and whether there would still be talent that fits for us around with the 2nd 1st round

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I'd say that we'd go Kerrigan. OLB is a much bigger need and I'm not sure Dareus is what BB is looking for at DE.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Taking the courtesy inch off Dareus, you have to wonder if a 6'3 310 pound guy really fits the bill in terms of what BB wants.

R.I.P. Junior Seau