Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who is the Best RB from 2009 & 2010 Drafts?

Here are the top candidates. I'm going to periodically move guys up or down based on your feedback:

Jahvid Best
LeSean McCoy
Beanie Wells
Knowshon Moreno
Shonn Greene
Arian Foster
Ryan Mathews
CJ Spiller
Dexter McCluster
Bernard Scott
Montario Hardesty
Toby Gerhart
Montario Hardesty
Anthony Dixon
Ben Tate
Chris Ivory

Despite limited acition in three preseason games, my money is on Jahvid Best. I'm convinced his game transitions very well to the NFL, unlike many college studs that fizzle out at the next level for various reasons. He's the best all-around RB imo and with the exception of Spiller, nobody comes close to his explosiveness. *** Note*** I hope this thread doesn't casue anyone any "angst." Also, no thread craping. If you don't like this topic, please move on to the next one.

Last edited by mellojello : 09-19-2010 at 08:59 PM.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's way too early for this. How can we pick a player who hasn't played in a regular season game?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 08-29-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to clarify from the previous thread, no where did I claim that the guys I listed were better. Just pointing out that it was quite a talented group to be calling Best, well, the best when he's done absolutely nothing in a regular season game was crazy. So before Brodeur or others go ahead and changes the topic instead of defending why Best tops the rest using some logic instead of blatant homerism, I'll leave it at that.

Best wasn't the highest pick of the group meaning he clearly wasn't seen as the top RB.
He didn't have the best college career, either.
I guess what he has right now over most of the other guys is speed, and oppurtunity which doesn't make him better. See DHB.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 08-29-2010 at 08:32 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
It's way too early for this. How can we pick a player who hasn't played in a regular season game?
True.

Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find the thread title to be bias. Who is the "Best" RB? I see your tricks.

But really, these guys haven't even played yet. Come back in a few years or at least one year..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An argument can be made against each and every one of these guys. Define what you mean by 'Best' RB?

Who's the most talented? Who will have a better year? Career?

Very unfair question when half of the backs haven't played in any game of importance.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also find it funny that you capitalized "B" in best in the thread title. Very clever............

WE GET IT, YOU LIKE JAHVID BEST.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will only look at last year's crop. Beanie Wells. The guy runs really hard. It is no comparison when he is in the game then Hightower. A lot of that is hightower, but it is so unusual to have that big of an upgrade.

The others haven't shown me much. It is still early though.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I also find it funny that you capitalized "B" in best in the thread title. Very clever............

WE GET IT, YOU LIKE JAHVID BEST.
I confess, I'm a Cal homer & Jahvid Best fan. That doesn't change the fact that he's a "baller," a term I don't throw around loosely. Seeing is believing for most of us, so I get it that a lot of people will disagree with me. That's great. I want to hear who's as good, or better because believe me, I am taking it into consideration when I do my fantasy football draft. I want to know who's the next up and coming stud. If you disagree, join the debate and just tell us who's better and why.

Last edited by mellojello : 08-30-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Dixon ofcourse..
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why with this thread again.....
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Best" RB, eh?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Ivory

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mellojello is the Best at misusing quotation marks.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arian Foster should be on this list.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beanie Wells or C.J. Spiller. They were my two highest graded backs in 09' & 10' respectively and they both will receive plenty opportunity to prove themselves/succeed.

Jahvid could be a good one; but honestly, how long do you think he lasts in this league carrying a large part of the load? I'm really not sold on his durability or his ability to put on weight without losing quickness/speed. I really like him for Detroit and I like him to give the team the spark they needed in the running game, but I'd be a little surprised to see him play in this league (effectively) more than 6 years or so. I think he'll be nicked up often.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Beanie Wells ends up having the best season this year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Beanie Wells or C.J. Spiller. They were my two highest graded backs in 09' & 10' respectively and they both will receive plenty opportunity to prove themselves/succeed.

Jahvid could be a good one; but honestly, how long do you think he lasts in this league carrying a large part of the load? I'm really not sold on his durability or his ability to put on weight without losing quickness/speed. I really like him for Detroit and I like him to give the team the spark they needed in the running game, but I'd be a little surprised to see him play in this league (effectively) more than 6 years or so. I think he'll be nicked up often.
Definitely the major question. In the last preseason game he had 1 rush for 51 yards and 1 rec for 10 yards. From the way Schwartz has been handling him in the preseason I don't think he will be run in to the ground. I know he got a concussion from a nasty leap but has he had concerns besides that? I lean more towards a freak injury. I'm not worried about his size or anything.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Detroit is already monitoring his touches. I'm worried about his knees primarily. I believe he suffered very minor injuries there and I'm concerned it may just get worse. I just don't know that this size back can handle the wear & tear of a full-time job at Running Back. It's a gut feeling, it's a concern of mine, and I can only hope that Best & the Detroit organization prove me wrong. I don't see any way Best can get 300 touches at any time in his career, you need to be real careful with the guy. I think he could be a great back, but Detroit would be wise to go out and draft him a partner in that backfield (if Kevin Smith doesn't improve.) Just kind of a scary player in that regard.

Mostly though, I'm not afraid of his injury history at all. I don't expect recurring concussion issues, though that could be a concern for some. I'm just worried about what the wear & tear of a big role in the NFL could do to him early in his career.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For this upcoming season? Beanie Wells. Hes a monster and he's gunna have a huge year. For their career? I've been a huge CJ Spiller fan throughout the entire process, and I see no reason to change that now. You think Best is gunna be electric? Just watch Spiller. Even in Buffalo, Im betting Spiller becomes one hell of a RB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year i'll go with Ryan Mathews, over their careers I'll take Beanie Wells

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Why with this thread again.....
Sorry for the redundancy. The last one was locked for some reason, but it's my understanding that it may have projected "angst."
Old 08-30-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I'll take McCluster for the Kevin Faulk factor. Sure, Edge and Ricky were amazing in their primes, but over the long-haul, Kevin Faulk has some claim to the best RB of 1999, imo.

McCluster should fill that same role, and has less talented players opposing him in this discussion.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we can have a third thread talking about how great a rookie who hasn't played in a regular season is going to be.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
You know, I'll take McCluster for the Kevin Faulk factor. Sure, Edge and Ricky were amazing in their primes, but over the long-haul, Kevin Faulk has some claim to the best RB of 1999, imo.

McCluster should fill that same role, and has less talented players opposing him in this discussion.
Lol, i love Faulk, but over Edge? lol.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote