Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Lol, i love Faulk, but over Edge? lol.
Edge? What about over Ricky...Ricky Williams in his prime is one of the best RBs Ive ever seen play. If he wasn't so damn ridiculous (Don't get me wrong, I love him...but the **** he pulled was ridiculous), I think we would be talking about one of the best ever in Ricky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Edge? What about over Ricky...Ricky Williams in his prime is one of the best RBs Ive ever seen play. If he wasn't so damn ridiculous (Don't get me wrong, I love him...but the **** he pulled was ridiculous), I think we would be talking about one of the best ever in Ricky.
On the other hand, if he wouldn't have taken time off, he probably only would have lasted another season or two the way Miami was just running him into the ground. You could already see the fatigue setting in during the year he set the carries record (2003 I think).

Also, I don't think Edge gets enough credit for how he was able to reinvent himself in the middle of his career. He was drafted as a speedy, all-purpose back. Once his knee got torn up and he lost most of his speed, he was able to turn himself into a damn good grinder. I think he led the league in carries of 5-10 yards multiple years in a row.

Both guys had fantastic careers.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 08-30-2010 at 01:32 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shonn Green and Arian Foster are my top two guys. Foster will really turn some heads this season, and I think he'll make it clear that he's a better player than Beanie or Moreno.

As for the future, I love Spiller and Dwyer as the best backs from 2010 draft. It may be years before Dywer gets a chance to really shine, but I think he'll turn out better than Mathews.

Jahvid Best could be a huge gamebreaker, but I'm not convinced he'll ever be able to take a big load. Also, aren't the Chiefs using McCluster as a receiver primarily?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...apparently Mathews is crazy underrated. Out of all those guys, he's my favorite (although my main reason for picking him over Spiller is their respective situations).
Old 08-30-2010, 03:38 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mathews has looked really great and consistent so far. His acceleration is superb, he can really turn the corner on outside runs in a flash.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:10 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chris ivory is the obvious pick

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:34 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Well, I could see teh argument over Ricky. Not that Faulk was even close to as good, but Ricky was very mentally weak and couldn't put it together for the Saints, finally got it together, and then just up and quit. Faulk has at least been a steady weapon.

I wouldn't take Faulk over even two years of Miami Ricky though.

Damn Ricky was so good when he wanted to be =/
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Arian Foster should be on this list.
Very, very nice call...
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Also, aren't the Chiefs using McCluster as a receiver primarily?
He did most of his work in OTA's/Camp at WR but then in the preseason he spent more time at RB so it's wait and see really.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
...Just pointing out that it was quite a talented group to be calling Best, well, the best when he's done absolutely nothing in a regular season game was crazy...

Best wasn't the highest pick of the group meaning he clearly wasn't seen as the top RB.
He didn't have the best college career, either.
I guess what he has right now over most of the other guys is speed, and oppurtunity which doesn't make him better. See DHB.
I know, I'm a crazy mofo that doen't know what I'm talking about, so just ignore me!

Also, I don't care too much where guys are picked in the draft - that's someone else's opinion. I look at players, highlights, their skills, etc. and come up with my own opinion.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on what I've seen so far (college and pro), Jahvid Best or CJ Spiller. I'd say Beanie Wells is the most physically talented overall though - size, speed, etc. I just don't like the fact he gets injured alot to me for a a back of his caliber IMO.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

How about the guy who just rushed for 120 and 3 TDs today? LeSean McCoy. I'm certainly not trying to say he is the best but he deserves a mention especially if guys like Ivory, Tate, Dixon, Hardesty, Gerhart, Scott and McCluster are getting nods.

Also consider that McCoy has been much more effective than CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews and on par with Best, Wells (rookie season), Moreno (again, rookie season), Shonn Greene and Arian Foster is a one game wonder.

I'd rank them right now as:
1. Jahvid Best
2. Beanie Wells
3. LeSean McCoy
4. Knowshon Moreno
5. Greene/Foster
-Foster is a one game wonder right now, he averaged 3.6 yards a carry in his follow up effort and Greene is just a playoff wonder, he flashed big time against Oakland and rushed for over 300 yards in the playoffs but outside of those games he has 0 rushing touchdowns, he has only scored in 3 games he has played in.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Greene and Moreno are best built to be high carry backs with top total career yards. I'll take Best for my team every Sunday though. CJ Spiller #2. Beanie Wells will only be remembered for his draft position in a few years.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Foster can be a perennial 1,000 yard rusher for the Texans especially with their passing game. He is the perfect one cut and go rusher. He has power and pretty good speed. He's also ok in the pass game, all around such a solid runner and in the perfect situation .

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote