Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-18-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Trade up Get Landry

I know it sound the same as the last time I said it but there’s a deference I was a bar with some of my buddies and I said that if the Cowboys really wanted him they could trade their First round plus their second or third pick to maybe the Cards or Vikings and they would almost get him for sure. There is a opportunity for us to get Griffin, Meriweather and maybe Nelson if were lucky at the position were at but Landry is the best all around Safety and he’s the most Athletic Safety in a top position. I think the reward of trading up far out ways the risk.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Our first this year + first next year would do it.

22nd pick: 780 points

9th pick: 1350.

We'd need to get to the ninth because the Falcons at ten seem to be interested in Landry.

So we need to make up 570 points in order to get the price for the ninth pick. That's our 2nd (370), third (155), and late round pick, just to make the values equal. Things could be different if we threw in a player, but more then likely we're looking at two firsts in order to make this work. Not worth it.

Last edited by BX : 03-18-2007 at 05:24 PM.
BX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
Our first this year + first next year would do it.

22nd pick: 780 points

9th pick: 1350.

We'd need to get to the ninth because the Falcons at ten seem to be interested in Landry.

So we need to make up 570 points in order to get the price for the ninth pick. That's our 2nd (370), third (155), and late round pick, just to make the values equal. Things could be different if we threw in a player, but more then likely we're looking at two firsts in order to make this work. Not worth it.
Thing is, even if we did do that, we'd have to pay him top 10 money. As I stated before, the only person I would trade up for is Calvin Johnson because he's probably the surest thing there is in the whole draft. Also I don't like the idea of mortgaging our future and turning out to be like the Redskins. Two first round picks for Joey Galloway a couple years ago was a huge no-no IMO, and I'm especially not willing to give that much up for a safety.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote