Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC East Division Forum

AFC East Division Forum Discuss the AFC East

Old 06-11-2010, 04:38 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Parcells or Belichick...

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=7&sCat=5

Personally, I voted for Belichick. I like Parcells a lot but I don't think he is as good of a head coach as architect. Parcells is the gold standard for building a team but is a head case to deal with so no one wants him around for more than a few years. Belichick can take a team from being average to being great. If you don't believe me, you should look at his resume (5 super bowl rings, 7 appearances. 1/2 of an AFC Championship game from being 8 appearances. 2 1/2s of football from being closer to 7 and 8 - no offense Bears, but the Colts and Patriots were better teams that year).

I posted this hear because Parcells and Belichick have been on just about every AFC East team and I'm sure the Bills are tired of seeing both.

I know it's not fair to say, so don't bother bringing that up but anyone know what Parcells record without Belichick is? It's 50% (he's literally won as many games as he's lost). This includes his assistant coaching and GMing days. Belichick on the other hand is well above that (including those awful days in Cleveland).

Which will you remember as the better head coach?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted BB and was surprised to see he was ahead in the poll. I doubt it stays that way if there is decent traffic, simply because BB gets much more hate in the eyes of national fans.

Parcells is old school. Tough, take-no-**** from players, calling people "she" and all . . . love it. lol

I agree with much of what you say about Parcells, but feel the "no one wants him around for more than a few years" comment is wrong. He spend 7 years with NYG and Bob Kraft wanted desperately to keep him in NE. Going to NYJ was a mistake, and one I would bet Parcells would like to 'do-over.' Had he not done that (NY Limelight Attentionwhore) he would likely have had a longer, more successful tenure with NE.

By the time he returned to coaching with Dallas the league (players) had moved too far away from the old school coaching ways that he no longer fit in very well, imo.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote